Express raises.

Slave101

I will also believe it when I see it. On the other hand.. they may be bleeding more money from turnover and accidents. Does anyone know how much it costs to train a new courier?? Seems like that would get pretty expensive since they all leave after a month.
I doubt they even take that into consideration. All they care about is getting you out and bring someone cheaper in

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I will also believe it when I see it. On the other hand.. they may be bleeding more money from turnover and accidents. Does anyone know how much it costs to train a new courier?? Seems like that would get pretty expensive since they all leave after a month.

They are hemorrhaging money at my station from turnover and accidents. Lol.

slowdriver

Most all of the stations I visit are suffering the same situation, the only ones that aren't, are the smaller distant ones made up entirely of topped out employees. All I know is, with a rumor this widespread, come October if something isn't done with the pay scale, the disappointment of another 2% raise is gonna cause an already ridiculous turnover rate accelerate even further. Highlighting the executive stupidity of focusing entirely on profit.

fedex_rtd

We have RTDs leaving for better paying jobs, a new driver here sees $16 an hour, he can go to freight, or Conway start at $23 and top out in 3 years at $27.

Top pay here is $30 but 16 year employees are only at $26 so....the younger guys are bouncing.

theslinger

Ran into an Fedex driver ( less than 30 mins ago), I brought up some things said on this thread. He told me that they hired a bunch of "runners" last week, who are are starting at $2 less than what he is earning. He brought up how FedEx truly is a "people company". Poor guy, he said that he's too old to quit, when he only has a max of three years left. With all the b.s going on at UPS, I figured it was a lot worse at Fedex.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ran into an Fedex driver ( less than 30 mins ago), I brought up some things said on this thread. He told me that they hired a bunch of "runners" last week, who are are starting at $2 less than what he is earning. He brought up how FedEx truly is a "people company". Poor guy, he said that he's too old to quit, when he only has a max of three years left. With all the b.s going on at UPS, I figured it was a lot worse at Fedex.

That guy is one of the idiots. FedEx stopped being a "People Company" years ago. They just have the best of the best still blowing smoke up people's butts. Pay is basically stagnant and insurance not worth much.

overflowed

Same here. New drivers leaving weekly. Trucks all banged up. I really think this may not be a rumor. But, the question is who will they reward? The people leaving are 5-10 year employees in droves right now. Also new employees. These kids don't want to work this hard. I think they will only give the larger? raise. To these employees because who the hell is going to train the people who leave within a month?

vantexan

Same here. New drivers leaving weekly. Trucks all banged up. I really think this may not be a rumor. But, the question is who will they reward? The people leaving are 5-10 year employees in droves right now. Also new employees. These kids don't want to work this hard. I think they will only give the larger? raise. To these employees because who the hell is going to train the people who leave within a month?
I'm wonder if the recent announcement about the FMLA and vacation time was where the rumor started about raises. Someone heard something was about to be announced and ran with it. Would be nice to see a fairer system but in light of their trying to increase profits I really doubt anything will change, or if it does it continues to be smoke and mirrors.

overflowed

I'm wonder if the recent announcement about the FMLA and vacation time was where the rumor started about raises. Someone heard something was about to be announced and ran with it. Would be nice to see a fairer system but in light of their trying to increase profits I really doubt anything will change, or if it does it continues to be smoke and mirrors.
My SM had a meeting about they are going to do something about pay. Sounded very specific but vague at the same time. Didn't actually sound like he knew much. Summer was what he said, losing too many veteran couriers.

El Morado Diablo

I heard a story that one of our drivers with a few years experience called our SM last week to say it was the SM's job to take care of the drivers. Said the pay difference between new hires and people who've been with the company for a while was insulting. Said the SM wasn't doing their job if this was how things were at FedEx. Sure wish that would have been said in a meeting so I could see the SM's reaction.

The change in newer employees speaking out is surprising. Used to be they didn't speak up much and went along with most of what management told them. I think those days are slowly coming to an end.

whenIgetthere

Don't know the cost of training a new hire, but have heard for each accident, a station is charged $16,000. Could be wrong, but that number sticks in my head.

SmithBarney

I heard a story that one of our drivers with a few years experience called our SM last week to say it was the SM's job to take care of the drivers. Said the pay difference between new hires and people who've been with the company for a while was insulting. Said the SM wasn't doing their job if this was how things were at FedEx. Sure wish that would have been said in a meeting so I could see the SM's reaction.

The change in newer employees speaking out is surprising. Used to be they didn't speak up much and went along with most of what management told them. I think those days are slowly coming to an end.

Is it really the SM job to take care of the CRRs? if so I guess we need a new SM, never see them that much anyway, and they sure as hell don't talk to the CRRs when they are around.

Serf

Don't know the cost of training a new hire, but have heard for each accident, a station is charged $16,000. Could be wrong, but that number sticks in my head.
I could believe it. However, when I got my sweet new carving knife for 2 years of safe driving I could have sworn my manager said it's closer to 50k for NOT getting in an accident. So I am glad I could save Team Satan that much loot, and in return, a $24.99 carving knife!!

Slave101

I could believe it. However, when I got my sweet new carving knife for 2 years of safe driving I could have sworn my manager said it's closer to 50k for NOT getting in an accident. So I am glad I could save Team Satan that much loot, and in return, a $24.99 carving knife!!
Lol, at least you got it... I ordered safe driving award and never got one smh......

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

weasel-jpg.19368

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My SM had a meeting about they are going to do something about pay. Sounded very specific but vague at the same time. Didn't actually sound like he knew much. Summer was what he said, losing too many veteran couriers.

BS. Your SM is going to have a meeting to talk about pay, not actually DO anything about it. More skip levels, more feedback...blah effing blah.

Turnover and management incompetence equal operational disaster and vastly increased costs. Any other company would figure it out.

Also, the accident cost deal is what they charge your SM. The actual cost is usually get, far less. If you back into a tree and the bumper falls off, you get charged a preventable accident. It does not cost $16,000(other inflated figure)to repair/administer/review.

Fred has shareholders to make happy, and as long as the Ground scam keeps the stock up, he can just keep screwing us.

Last edited:

overflowed

BS. Your SM is going to have a meeting to talk about pay, not actually DO anything about it. More skip levels, more feedback...blah effing blah.

Turnover and management incompetence equal operational disaster and vastly increased costs. Any other company would figure it out.

Also, the accident cost deal is what they charge your SM. The actual cost is usually get, far less. If you back into a tree and the bumper falls off, you get charged a preventable accident. It does not cost $16,000(other inflated figure)to repair/administer/review.

Fred has shareholders to make happy, and as long as the Ground scam keeps the stock up, he can just keep screwing us.
I agree that it's most likely lip service, but we all know that they say these vague things when they don't yet know what to do. All I know from my experience with this company is that when SM's bring up stuff they don't want to actually talk about, somebody told them to talk about it. IMO turnover has become such a large problem now that the economy has picked up, they have noticed it on some report.