Express raises.

Slave101

So basically we have to take that $.25 :censored2: up and bend over again..... They are only going to learn when more and more people leave. This pay scam is such a joke

Serf

Ah hem, I am practicing my speech to our District Manager next time I see her. Any input is welcome. Why do we have monthly meetings about the SFA year round now? If the majority of the data is received in misleading. And why over the past decade did it become the popular choice to erode and embezzle what front line employees built? Is our HR Department telling new hires "It's nice to have a Profession. Ideal and essential to have a Trade". Welcome aboard, but understand now; whatever you choose to do, make sure it affords a realistic shot at sustained gainful, employment .... because working this "j.o.b" (just about broke) is becoming increasingly abusive every year. In addition, establishing an 11 hour rule to slash overtime only makes you look good in the eyes of the corporate brass. You take food off my table and money out of my pocket, then tell me it is good for my health. The audacity is wild. A 2% raise is 1.5% below the average annual inflation rate. Combined with the annual rise in healthcare cost it cancels each other out. In all sincerity, what Federal Express still currently offers it's employees in compensation is more than enough to live a clean comfortable life in a second or third world country. Is this the new standard? In conclusion, it's time you chose and decided upon a suitable and fair way to issue raises. Or continue to hemorrhage. Thank you for your time.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ah hem, I am practicing my speech to our District Manager next time I see her. Any input is welcome. Why do we have monthly meetings about the SFA year round now? If the majority of the data is received in misleading. And why over the past decade did it become the popular choice to erode and embezzle what front line employees built? Is our HR Department telling new hires "It's nice to have a Profession. Ideal and essential to have a Trade". Welcome aboard, but understand now; whatever you choose to do, make sure it affords a realistic shot at sustained gainful, employment .... because working this "j.o.b" (just about broke) is becoming increasingly abusive every year. In addition, establishing an 11 hour rule to slash overtime only makes you look good in the eyes of the corporate brass. You take food off my table and money out of my pocket, then tell me it is good for my health. The audacity is wild. A 2% raise is 1.5% below the average annual inflation rate. Combined with the annual rise in healthcare cost it cancels each other out. In all sincerity, what Federal Express still currently offers it's employees in compensation is more than enough to live a clean comfortable life in a second or third world country. Is this the new standard? In conclusion, it's time you chose and decided upon a suitable and fair way to issue raises. Or continue to hemorrhage. Thank you for your time.

While everything you say is on the money, good luck getting past the second or third sentence before you get cut off and she starts trying to blow sunshine and rainbows up your butt.

Slave101

Those SFA meetings crack me up. We can talk about and fix everything but pay question scores really really low and gets disregarded every time and manager doesn't even care or know how to handle that convo

Slave101

You try and work some OT to make up for the extremely sucky situation of pay and then it gets taken away.....
Good luck keeping guys and girls on board

bbsam

Staff member
And the response from Memphis..."We'll take the hemorrhage. "

bbsam

Staff member
You're a small business owner. Could you afford to loose/replace/train a new driver every month?-not being a jerk. It's a real question.
No. Nor do I have that kind of turnover.

However...

FedEx is not small business and they can afford the churn for a long, long time. Express lost money last quarter. Raises of any substance are not coming any time soon.

MAKAVELI

Banned
You're a small business owner. Could you afford to loose/replace/train a new driver every month?-not being a jerk. It's a real question.
He was crying when a couple of his drivers left for express a little while ago. What bbsam doesn't understand is that there wouldn't be even a mention of changing the wage progression if turnover wasn't a problem for the company. Even if it turns out to be a carrot, it's to stem the flow of good experienced workers.

bbsam

Staff member
He was crying when a couple of his drivers left for express a little while ago. What bbsam doesn't understand is that there wouldn't be even a mention of changing the wage progression if turnover wasn't a problem for the company. Even if it turns out to be a carrot, it's to stem the flow of good experienced workers.
Crying? Nah. Disgusted. But as it turns out, Express really does suck as much as y'all say.

SmithBarney

And nobody really cares.

Exactly and until service levels/performance levels falls and affects public opinion(or stock prices) FDX will continue to cut corners, there is no incentive to pay more than they currently are. It has to COST them for them to react.