Express raises.

Slave101

I agree that it's most likely lip service, but we all know that they say these vague things when they don't yet know what to do. All I know from my experience with this company is that when SM's bring up stuff they don't want to actually talk about, somebody told them to talk about it. IMO turnover has become such a large problem now that the economy has picked up, they have noticed it on some report.
The old excuse "you can always make more" isn't really cutting it anymore....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The old excuse "you can always make more" isn't really cutting it anymore....

That won't stop them from using it. The official statement is "you would have nothing to look forward to If you were topped-out". The whole market level/infinity top-out is just one huge scam.

Perhaps we should apply the same rules to upper management.

overflowed

but of course, big news doesn't necessarily mean good news....we must always remember who it is that we're working for.
What do you mean kind sir?
054675ae9cd4918e1ca4ac7380f38c76_400x400.jpeg

AutoDG

If you check your IMS screen, I believe under paysched; you can see your upcoming expected raise...Like OP, mine says 2%. Ive heard nothing about any sort of 10% or X amount of years raise....We can hope....

Buhryein

Talked to the District Mngr. and he did give some info on the big raise announcement this year. He said they had already decided on a plan for topping out in X amount of years (he would not specify the years because he said if they changed it he did not want to give false information) they will take your wage difference and divide it among the X years you need to reach their top out goal.... and that is how they will determine your yearly raise until you top out.

HOWEVER he also said this will NOT start this year only the announcement will be this year.... he said this year the raise will be the same for everyone across the board whether it is 2% or more it will not depend on what percentile you fall into.

Also he threw in at the end of everything

"You also have to remember that it will only be done within the companies ability to do so"

So basically any year they say wasn't profitable enough they can just say we are not able to continue the rate adjustment plan but we will continue it as soon as possible. To plan better for this year we will suspend raises.

Like the first year they made this ranking scale to "adjust" rates first year I got the lowest raise they said they would continue it to get people caught up and the next year i think was the year we got no raise? Then the raises got pushed back 6 months etc.. and the most current Im back in the low tier again got a 2% raise new hires got 3% top pay got 3%.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Talked to the District Mngr. and he did give some info on the big raise announcement this year. He said they had already decided on a plan for topping out in X amount of years (he would not specify the years because he said if they changed it he did not want to give false information) they will take your wage difference and divide it among the X years you need to reach their top out goal.... and that is how they will determine your yearly raise until you top out.

HOWEVER he also said this will NOT start this year only the announcement will be this year.... he said this year the raise will be the same for everyone across the board whether it is 2% or more it will not depend on what percentile you fall into.

"You also have to remember that it will only be done within the companies ability to do so"

So basically any year they say wasn't profitable enough they can just say we are not able to continue the rate adjustment plan but we will continue it as soon as possible. To plan better for this year we will suspend raises.

Like the first year they made this ranking scale to "adjust" rates first year I got the lowest raise they said they would continue it to get people caught up and the next year i think was the year we got no raise? Then the raises got pushed back 6 months etc.. and the most current Im back in the low tier again got a 2% raise new hires got 3% top pay got 3%.

You have to love their tactic of dangling the carrot and moving the finish line. Lol.

Buhryein

There was a mass exodus of handlers in Indy last year because it was the second year in a row they gave raises but handlers weren't included.

Just the way things go so I'm not getting my hopes up

vantexan

There was a mass exodus of handlers in Indy last year because it was the second year in a row they gave raises but handlers weren't included.

Just the way things go so I'm not getting my hopes up
My mgr hasn't heard anything on raises and based on what I'm reading here it does sound like they're dangling a carrot to keep people at it. We've already been told on this thread several different scenarios like the 5% in June then another 5% at the end of the year.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Strangely enough, there's always plenty of money to reward upper management to a ridiculous extreme. Like to see that kind of language inserted into a union contract.

MAKAVELI

Banned
You have to love their tactic of dangling the carrot and moving the finish line. Lol.
I don't know if " love " is the word. If anything this " plan " of continuing to dangle the carrot might just piss off people more and accelerate turnover. Many mid range employees are are just tired of the bullshat that management keeps feeding us and are ready to leave for better opportunities.

Nolimitz

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, same BS different day...

slowdriver

Wrong Awnser. I will be leaving if this is the new "plan". I'm done with this shi*.
Me, you, and countless others. They've already lost too much credibility with the endless takeaways, people may not voice their distrust in the company meetings, but man do they to each other, and customers it spreads, FedEx is becoming a joke via word of mouth, no PR can counter treating employees like shi*, look at Walmart.