Express volume finally moving to Ground...

zeev

It’s over for Express I just ordered a heavy part 763 miles away, it went out tonight and they said they will deliver it tomorrow if Ground can do that it’s over for Express.

Gone fishin

It’s over for Express I just ordered a heavy part 763 miles away, it went out tonight and they said they will deliver it tomorrow if Ground can do that it’s over for Express.
You really don’t understand exactly what express delivers in revenue

Bald1der

That's a 13 hour drive straight through and you figure it would have to go through at least 3 (maybe 2) hub sorts. Maybe Sunday? But I don't even know if Ground even operates a full network 7 days a week. You read stories of contractors sending guys out with 38 stops on Sundays and losing money so Sundays might just be local volume.

floridays

FedEx has pushed well beyond the original BS rationale for the Express Carrier Exemption. As you quoted from Dear Leader Smith, " FedEx EXPRESS (not Ground or a hybrid) handles AIR (no longer exclusively). in a SEPARATE (LOFL) network tying directly to it's AIR (now hybrid) network, unlike UPS". None of these conditions apply at the present time nor have they for the last several years at a minimum. Sorry, Fred, Raj and Dano. Bye-bye to the RLA of 1934.

These are 4 direct lies that are no longer valid reasons for an RLA favor to Smith, Raj and the rest of the Smith clones that manage FedEx. Raj is nothing but an extension of Dear Leader with a different nationality. Maybe he can flee back to India when the feces hits the fan. IDK. The customer who pays for Express services and doesn't get them (AIR shipments ON-TIME) is one point of litigation with strong merit. This is classic bait and switch behavior. I don't care if there's some legal boilerplate statement that allows FedEx to have anyone move their freight. There is a basic expectation that when a customer pays a very high rate, plus fuel surcharges, ODA charges etc. that their packages move in an expedited manner BY AIRCRAFT. Again, there's that pesky tie to AIR OPERATIONS, Dano. When Cletus the Ground driver gets that vital P1 item there 3 days later and then delivers it 30 miles away to the wrong address, there should be both consequences for Express and financial relief for the customer. I foresee a class action suit with extreme merit. Someone is going to tie the fact that Uncle Abner died because his medication was in the Ground system and it didn't show up until it was too late after someone paid $125 for EXPRESS overnight service. This is just one of hundreds of scenarios where someone or an entity was physically and/or financially severely harmed by FedEx lies regarding the movement of freight. This applies even if the package is P2, because the expectation is that it will be delivered on-time, and we all know that P1 and P2 are never mixed up, lost, or placed in the wrong can. Right, Dano?

The Express Carrier Exemption was and always has been a political gift to FedEx that was their safeguard against unions. Fred also used it to leverage deals with Boeing, tying aircraft purchases to a guarantee that FedEx remain under the RLA. Look it up, and explain to me how the Democratic Senators from Washington State (read Boeing's Senators) went along with this garbage. It has always been a scam, built expressly (pun intended) for a grifter and scumbag almost in the league of the Orange Man.

Legal action seems inevitable, and I hope FedEx gets classified properly under the NLRA and that customers are refunded the hundreds of millions of dollars FedEx has scammed form them.

Attorneys used to cruise this site (and others like FedExaminer) for potential legal actions against FedEx. This seems like a no-brainer and a whopper of a case that could make a smart law firm millions.

Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe or any other ambulance chasers, are you listening?
Fact is, every law firm of any consequence has an office of paralegals whose sole job is to look for conflicts of interest.
Find any major legal firm that could handle the massive litigation that has not already represented Fedex in some form or fashion and the conflict presents itself.

Call me an idiot, don't believe what I say, it is a statement of fact.

Ambulance chasers are not lawyers, they are negotiators.

floridays

What is the need for the RLA exemption currently, as we now have THREE major carriers? The threat to the economy has been mitigated, time to repeal this outdated legislation.
Exactly correct.
The hurdle (for a truthful person) in the end is the USPS contract, which, as far as I know does not involve Fedex couriers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fact is, every law firm of any consequence has an office of paralegals whose sole job is to look for conflicts of interest.
Find any major legal firm that could handle the massive litigation that has not already represented Fedex in some form or fashion and the conflict presents itself.

Call me an idiot, don't believe what I say, it is a statement of fact.

Ambulance chasers are not lawyers, they are negotiators.
They're all lawyers, whether they do PI (ambulance chasers) or specialize in something else, money is the Prime Directive. You are correct that the big firms are always looking for fresh meat. I'd guess FedEx is on several radars right now. Please note that Dano has no reply to any of the RLA accusations. He will, but probably has to run it by The VP of Shill.

zeev

It's not guaranteed for tomorrow. Ttku son....
Wow delivery delivered by 10:00 am Sunday 763 mile Ground delivery, the guy makes $160.00 a day which is totally illegal but of course he works for Allied delivery not FedEx expect Express to rapidly be downsized.

MAKAVELI

Banned
Wow delivery delivered by 10:00 am Sunday 763 mile Ground delivery, the guy makes $160.00 a day which is totally illegal but of course he works for Allied delivery not FedEx expect Express to rapidly be downsized.
So it took 2 days to go 763 miles. Wow! That's unbelievable! Lol 🙃

MAKAVELI

Banned
How long would it take for 3,000+ Miles? 😶

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Even if FedEx Express drivers are handling less home delivery volume, it’s hard to see how the company continues to maintain its RLA coverage as it hands off deliveries to Ground, said Deena Merlen, an employment and labor lawyer at Reavis Page Jump LLP. Past court battles have sided with FedEx.

“Not that I have a crystal ball, but it will be very difficult not to reclassify FedEx if it is going to once again get caught up in all kinds of litigation,” Merlen said.

People on this forum are not the only ones who believe FedEx is pushing the boundaries of the RLA status.
I don't disagree, there are ignorant people everywhere.

There are decades and decades of past decisions pertaining to this issue and others like it with FedEx and other employers. Why aren't those who think that Express is misclassified citing any of it? Or the text of the RLA itself?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
At Amateur Night at the Law School, our pride and joy posited his usual nonsense, most glaringly:
There is a basic expectation that when a customer pays a very high rate, plus fuel surcharges, ODA charges etc. that their packages move in an expedited manner BY AIRCRAFT.
LOL, no. The courts have already ruled on this. You're paying for a service commitment and all associated fees -- not a method of transportation.

How could someone so wrapped up in this not know that the legal system has already been there, done that, and bought the t-shirt? ROTFLMAO!!!

Attorneys used to cruise this site (and others like FedExaminer) for potential legal actions against FedEx. This seems like a no-brainer and a whopper of a case that could make a smart law firm millions.
"Hey, Jim. Let's go look at the message board and see if we can drum up some business! There's this guy, MrFedEx, and man he's sharp. We'd better jump on those cases PRONTO! Else he'll take them on himself!"

Last edited:

floridays

How much effort should I put into replying to things that don't make any sense?
Post the link to the Court of Appeals case that you claim cements FedEx's designation as an airline.

Fedex was not a party, their business model at that time was used in the reasoning for the opinion the court delivered.

Facts, relied upon in the decision making have changed.

The only fact that remains constant is that Federal Express was founded and incorporated as an airline under RLA designation.

We can bust each other's balls on other matters, just supply my request for the Appeals Court case and I will line by line explain the Court's reasoning and how it does not support today's reality.

I have said previously the only way this will be settled is if FedEx, formerly Federal Express is a named respondent.

I already know your first dodge, I'm steps ahead of you.

@Fred's Myth is correct, the ruling is antiquated, it does not comply with the current business model.

Call a legal boy, hopefully he/she/it, whatever? doesn 't start the billable hour clock on you.

Last edited:

McFeely

Huge Member
Unless I’m reading the wrong charts, FedEx had $1.3B in profit last quarter. Revenue was $23.6B.

Either way, many people see big numbers and don’t even understand what they’re talking about.

I’m certainly not defending the company on how poopy they treat employees, mind you. Just trying to get clarification on where that $11B number came from.

BDB71FD1-5528-4B23-B11C-FD29C7BAB338.png