Express volume finally moving to Ground...

bacha29

You're barely able to spell RLA, let alone have a rational discussion about it.
I see that you're in exceptionally prickly mood. But, I understand. It's no fun that the Easter Bunny didn't bring you any peeps. But, then again there are few creature comforts to found at the FMCRA but making you spend Easter there is all part of the job of toughening you up allowing you to better handle all of that coffee and pastries you're going to have to run and get.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I see that you're in exceptionally prickly mood. But, I understand. It's no fun that the Easter Bunny didn't bring you any peeps. But, then again there are few creature comforts to found at the FMCRA but making you spend Easter there is all part of the job of toughening you up allowing you to better handle all of that coffee and pastries you're going to have to run and get.
Huge if true.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You're barely able to spell RLA, let alone have a rational discussion about it.

FedEx Express terms and conditions under routing and rerouting.

That's a you problem.

It says a lot that so many folks who've been with the company for so long don't even know where to look to find something that I found in less than 5 minutes. It also explains why, when the finer points of the RLA come up, all you guys can really do is find as many ways as possible to say "But we have trucks."
Dano must mean beating a dead horse in a foreign language.

“he Danoed until over 3,000 online viewers switched to another forum in disgust.”

bacha29

“he Danoed until over 3,000 online viewers switched to another forum in disgust.”
He doesn't know any better. After all given that he's the current recorder for the most trips to the FMCRA 244, ( he likes it) it's now simply impossible for him to say anything other than what was downloaded to his brainwashed little mind.

59 Dano

I consider that an honor coming from a person who has never had any meaningful or significant insight or observation to add to any discussion about anything.

Tars

Amazon opens up Prime delivery service to other retailers in its latest move to compete with FedEx and UPS​

this is just the start. The writing been on the wall guys. Probably depends what market you're in, but you can't tell me this is good news.

dezguy

Amazon opens up Prime delivery service to other retailers in its latest move to compete with FedEx and UPS​

this is just the start. The writing been on the wall guys. Probably depends what market you're in, but you can't tell me this is good news.

Yeah, till peak when Amazon will tell it's 3rd party customers they'll have to find alternate transportation methods because of the increase in their own column, again.

Tars

Yeah, till peak when Amazon will tell it's 3rd party customers they'll have to find alternate transportation methods because of the increase in their own column, again.
this is more about our freight going to Ground. Amazon is adding pressure by going outside the network hence why we are giving more and more p2 stuff to Ground.

Aquaman

this is more about our freight going to Ground. Amazon is adding pressure by going outside the network hence why we are giving more and more p2 stuff to Ground.
Amazon doesn’t need to do 3rd party shipping. They can hurt FedEx & UPS shipping their own stuff alone. Answer me this… if everyone buys everything off Amazon… who’s shipping with us? The more companies Amazon puts out of business, the less freight for us. They have become the site to buy EVERYTHING. That’s the real danger to FedEx & UPS. Amazon having a monopoly on the residential business. And it’s coming.

ManInBrown

Was at a customer pickup the other day. Rented U-Haul rolls in. Two FedEx express guys get out and start hand loading and scanning white FedEx boxes from pallets into the uhaul onto empty pallets that were inside. Struck up a convo with them and they told me their local station has a deal to bring these boxes to another customer about 30 minutes away. That customer gets a ground trailer pickup every day and when they get picked up, these boxes also get picked up. I was really surprised. So ground is definitely moving air packages. I didn’t see the label to see the service level but they were express packages 100%. 4 pallets worth. Probably at least 500 boxes on each pallet.

Last edited:

Aquaman

Was at a customer pickup the other day. Rented U-Haul rolls in. Two FedEx express guys get out and start hand loading and scanning white FedEx boxes from pallets into the uhaul onto empty pallets that were inside. Struck up a convo with them and they told me their local station has a deal to bring these boxes to another customer about 30 minutes away. That customer gets a ground trailer pickup every day and when they get picked up, these boxes also get picked up. I was really surprised. So ground is definitely moving air packages. I didn’t see the label to see the service level but they were express packages 100%. 4 pallets worth. Probably at least 500 boxes on each pallet.
Anybody who thinks Ground isn’t moving Express freight is higher than a kite. I’ve seen it myself. It happens. And nobody at Express is worried about an RLA exemption. This only gets brought up on Forums lol.

Bald1der

I'm not trying to be a FedEx cheerleader here, but Amazon moving into delivering 3rd party volume was a known goal or concern 10 years ago when they first made mention of becoming a delivery company. In the meantime, UPS and FedEx continue to build out their networks. New hubs and stations everywhere you look on a map.

Off the top of my head I can list a dozen new Ground, UPS, and Express locations within 100 miles. The trucks are full everywhere. The companies are hiring everywhere. Even my Express station just got 100s of thousands, if not millions of dollars, of work done to it (for the FedEx operation, not like repaving the parking lot).

I'm just questioning the talk of sudden impending doom when every competitor in the industry is not pulling back spending and investing in any way.

MAKAVELI

Banned
I'm not trying to be a FedEx cheerleader here, but Amazon moving into delivering 3rd party volume was a known goal or concern 10 years ago when they first made mention of becoming a delivery company. In the meantime, UPS and FedEx continue to build out their networks. New hubs and stations everywhere you look on a map.

Off the top of my head I can list a dozen new Ground, UPS, and Express locations within 100 miles. The trucks are full everywhere. The companies are hiring everywhere. Even my Express station just got 100s of thousands, if not millions of dollars, of work done to it (for the FedEx operation, not like repaving the parking lot).

I'm just questioning the talk of sudden impending doom when every competitor in the industry is not pulling back spending and investing in any way.
FedEx spends $ like a drunken sailor because they know they'll just take it from the employees/ contractors. Problem is FedEx spends it like a drunken sailor on a $2 ho giving her $100 and leaving them with their dicks in their hands. 😂

59 Dano

And nobody at Express is worried about an RLA exemption.
No reason to.
This only gets brought up on Forums lol.
By people who don't understand it. I've read, on this forum, about a dozen different reasons that Express is (or is about to) run afoul of its RLA status. Some people go so far as to claim that "the RLA exemption states" some highly specific set of details or requirements. People get so hung up on these things that they start talking crazy.