Express volume finally moving to Ground...

Aquaman

Why would Express have a separate opco to move Express freight?
Because 80% of their workforce has nothing to do with the airline. They move Express freight through separate opcos all the time. It’s the direction we’re heading anyway lol.

Tars

Express employees in Ground stations is something that has been going on for a bit now. It's very clear to me that the company is looking to eliminate some of these building leases, and consolidate operations. They plan on giving the 2-day, and Express Saver stuff to Ground, and Express employees will handle the FO, PO, and SO. That can only mean 1 thing, and that is to downsize the Express workforce. It wont happen overnight, and probably will be a long process. I'm quite sure the senior employees will be ok, but newer employees probably will get hours cut, and will get dicked around by management

Tars

The senior employees will be harassed to leave.
I agree to an extent, no one will be safe, but I feel like it's going to happen on both sides. Its more difficult to get rid of senior employees due to age discrimination, and they probably don't want to open a class action lawsuit.

MAKAVELI

Express employees in Ground stations is something that has been going on for a bit now. It's very clear to me that the company is looking to eliminate some of these building leases, and consolidate operations. They plan on giving the 2-day, and Express Saver stuff to Ground, and Express employees will handle the FO, PO, and SO. That can only mean 1 thing, and that is to downsize the Express workforce. It wont happen overnight, and probably will be a long process. I'm quite sure the senior employees will be ok, but newer employees probably will get hours cut, and will get dicked around by management
Ground can only handle all 2Day and Express Saver if Express pu and flies freight that can't make it entirely in the Ground system. They will be effectively a combining of OPCOs and put the RLA status in jeopardy. I'm not say Raj and little Dickey won't try it, but it's going to cost them in the long run.

Bald1der

Figured I'd add a pic of flown Express freight being delivered by Ground. Every 2 and 3 day I'm outside of the Denver metro area is showing the Memphis P2 prefix with the Ground station ID.
PXL_20220404_231044110.jpg

vantexan

Ground can only handle all 2Day and Express Saver if Express pu and flies freight that can't make it entirely in the Ground system. They will be effectively a combining of OPCOs and put the RLA status in jeopardy. I'm not say Raj and little Dickey won't try it, but it's going to cost them in the long run.
But will it put the status in jeopardy? Did they decide to break the rules and hope no one notices, or did their lawyers look over everything and made sure they could do this? Betting on the latter.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It's blurring the boundaries. When FedEx was given the exemption Ground and Express were completely separate. Express freight didn't enter the Ground system and vice versa. Dano doesn't want to admit it but FedEx is stuck using employees if they want to keep their RLA status for it's ground ops personnel.
I said it over and over: all Express employees would be covered under the RLA regardless of what happens. If they contracted out all courier operations, the remaining employees would still be covered under the RLA.

Jabber on.

59 Dano

The customer is given a choice of service and price quote. Obviously if they are choosing the more expensive option it's for a reason.

You didn't answer the other part of the question. Why not labei these ground, charge ground rates, and have ground pick them up from the customer?
Why use the more expensive option to provide the service when you can do it with a less expensive option?

59 Dano

This makes absolutely no sense and it's silly to claim that it jeopardizes RLA status. It's arguing that a cargo airline ceases being a cargo airline even though it flies cargo.

59 Dano

But will it put the status in jeopardy? Did they decide to break the rules and hope no one notices, or did their lawyers look over everything and made sure they could do this? Betting on the latter.
You'd be surprised at all the courier lawyering about this issue. None of it makes any sense and none of it is based on any law or anything else other than wishful thinking.

MAKAVELI

Why use the more expensive option to provide the service when you can do it with a less expensive option?
I must have hit a nerve because you are responding to all my posts with more nonsense and excuses. FedEx is using the more expensive service to pu, label, and charge this freight because it makes more profit. FedEx does not have ground pu this freight and label it ground because they couldn't make service and charge Express rates. Now what's your excuse for ground not pu these packages?

yadig

I must have hit a nerve because you are responding to all my posts with more nonsense and excuses. FedEx is using the more expensive service to pu, label, and charge this freight because it makes more profit. FedEx does not have ground pu this freight and label it ground because they couldn't make service and charge Express rates. Now what's your excuse for ground not pu these packages?
You definitely hit a nerve and dano”s whining like a two year old. Lol

59 Dano

I must have hit a nerve because you are responding to all my posts with more nonsense and excuses. FedEx is using the more expensive service to pu, label, and charge this freight because it makes more profit. FedEx does not have ground pu this freight and label it ground because they couldn't make service and charge Express rates.
It only seems like nonsense because you're making nonsense arguments, as usual.

Now what's your excuse for ground not pu these packages?
Because the customers request Express pick up those packages.

Why does this matter to you?