Express volume finally moving to Ground...

whenIgetthere

The larger shippers print their own barcodes using the FedEx API. Do you know how easy it is to filter 4z out?

1. Generate Express Tracking Number and acquire variables
  2. If URSA Routing Code includes "4Z" --> Then Void Label, Go To Generate UPS Label.
  3. IF URSA Location Code includes "Q???Q" --. Then Void Label and Go To Generate UPS label.
There you go, you've now gotten rid of LMO and FedEx is going to be none the wiser until they notice the revenue drop. Knowing FedEx, they wont even dig into the fact that LMO is the DIRECT reason for the loss in revenue, even if the customer says "it's lmo".. the sales droid will probably just mark it as "customer volume change due to market forces, nothing we can do *shrug*"
When I would have to reprint the 4Z labels at stops, entering the info manually would then print a normal Express label. Probably a problem they have fixed since I retired.

Mutineer

Just give it time until the FTC finds out what they're doing.
Maybe some unhappy, vengeful people with an ax to grind and some free time should inform them.

None of that around here ...just a bunch of busy, happy people spreading the gospel and love of Fat Freddy's Funhouse.

bacha29

Maybe some unhappy, vengeful people with an ax to grind and some free time should inform them.

None of that around here ...just a bunch of busy, happy people spreading the gospel and love of Fat Freddy's Funhouse.
And if they don't they'll receive an all expense paid trip the the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy. They'll be treated to free seminars such as....successful waterboarding.....strategic misrepresentation (better known as lying and getting people to believe it) and everyone's favorite...." Rate Restructuring) or "how to get people to pay air freight rates for shipments that never leave the ground" .

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Just give it time until the FTC finds out what they're doing.
"What they're doing" is what the customers agreed to: We will determine the routing of all shipments, including the mode of transportation used, and may use air transportation, ground transportation or any combination thereof in providing our services. We reserve the right to divert any shipment (including use of other carriers) in order to facilitate its delivery.

bacha29

"What they're doing" is what the customers agreed to: We will determine the routing of all shipments, including the mode of transportation used, and may use air transportation, ground transportation or any combination thereof in providing our services. We reserve the right to divert any shipment (including use of other carriers) in order to facilitate its delivery.
Exactly. What you're doing is blending RLA operations with NLRA operations into one great big happy family in an effort to once again be like UPS. Oh, that's right.....It's an airline.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Just like getting a haircut, but we get to cut it anyway we want. Or ordering food at a restaurant, but we get to pick what you eat in the end. Sounds like it’s on the up and up.
Exactly where is that fine print located that customers can see?
I’ve never seen it in a few decades and I’m there everyday.

FalconAss

It's Bait and Switch.
Does Raj have this tattooed below his bellybutton?

MAKAVELI

Banned
Just like getting a haircut, but we get to cut it anyway we want. Or ordering food at a restaurant, but we get to pick what you eat in the end. Sounds like it’s on the up and up.
Most likely added recently to the Service Guide buried deep in very fine print.

Star B

White Lightening
Most likely added recently to the Service Guide buried deep in very fine print.
It's been in there for quite some time. Mainly for the international stations where it's a FedEx Express contractor delivering the packages and for when we need to cab it domestically.

floridays

I'm not denying it's somewhere.
Citation is always helpful however.

I quess i'm saying it might be buried under tons of legalize that no one reads.

I request a copy and paste and citation.

59 Dano

Exactly. What you're doing is blending RLA operations with NLRA operations into one great big happy family in an effort to once again be like UPS. Oh, that's right.....It's an airline.
You're barely able to spell RLA, let alone have a rational discussion about it.

59 Dano

FedEx Express terms and conditions under routing and rerouting.

That's a you problem.

It says a lot that so many folks who've been with the company for so long don't even know where to look to find something that I found in less than 5 minutes. It also explains why, when the finer points of the RLA come up, all you guys can really do is find as many ways as possible to say "But we have trucks."