Express volume finally moving to Ground...

MAKAVELI

Banned
Because the customers request Express pick up those packages.

Why does this matter to you?
Actually the customers request Express to pu and Deliver those packages. I care because both the customer and Express employees are getting screwed with this scam.

ExizFed

Actually the customers request Express to pu and Deliver those packages. I care because both the customer and Express employees are getting screwed with this scam.
I've had customers multiple times call in a pickup for ground packages and I just tell him no walk out and shake my head.

MAKAVELI

Banned
I've had customers multiple times call in a pickup for ground packages and I just tell him no walk out and shake my head.
Dano is trying to dance around the issue that if Ground pu these packages they can't be labeled Express, charge Express rates and they won't make the commit day because ground doesn't do same day pu.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If you want to be technical about it, they request a service commitment. The terms and conditions are pretty clear that your package is transported and delivered by whichever carrier that FedEx chooses.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dano is trying to dance around the issue that if Ground pu these packages they can't be labeled Express, charge Express rates and they won't make the commit day because ground doesn't do same day pu.
I don't care who picks them up or what label they put on them because it makes no difference to me. Why would it?

yadig

I don't care who picks them up or what label they put on them because it makes no difference to me. Why would it?
I don’t think a customer even knows the difference between the two. I wouldn’t care as long as the service I asked for was provided. It’s the long term Customer service I would be concerned about. It could be that challenge’s from certain left wing states could challenge certain labor laws down the road. If they go full on contract model it wouldn’t matter.

ExizFed

I don’t think a customer even knows the difference between the two. I wouldn’t care as long as the service I asked for was provided. It’s the long term Customer service I would be concerned about. It could be that challenge’s from certain left wing states could challenge certain labor laws down the road. If they go full on contract model it wouldn’t matter.
that's what gets me some customers call in for a pick up not realizing the service difference between ground and express.

MAKAVELI

Banned
If you want to be technical about it, they request a service commitment. The terms and conditions are pretty clear that your package is transported and delivered by whichever carrier that FedEx chooses.
They request a service commitment that Ground can't make if they put. Lol

MAKAVELI

Banned
There are a lot of regular large shippers that do know the difference and choose Express over Ground for deferred freight even though the rates are higher for Express.

Bald1der

There are a lot of regular large shippers that do know the difference and choose Express over Ground for deferred freight even though the rates are higher for Express.
My station has a large account that does usually 20 to 30k a day. They have fixed their software to send potential 4Z freight to UPS. They recently had a product release that we brought in temps for a surge event that didn't materialize because of them shifting freight over. It was said that they didn't specifically mention LMO being the reason, but it's understood that that is the volume we lost.

thedownhillEXPRESS

My station has a large account that does usually 20 to 30k a day. They have fixed their software to send potential 4Z freight to UPS. They recently had a product release that we brought in temps for a surge event that didn't materialize because of them shifting freight over. It was said that they didn't specifically mention LMO being the reason, but it's understood that that is the volume we lost.
Yep, they see that 4Z and think of Ground and Russia.
Both have about the same competency.

yadig

Then when that freight gets to the ramp it’s put on a ground trailer. Then it goes over to ground for delivery. The customer/large shipper won’t know unless they research tracking number.

fatboy33

What's going to happen to the full time couriers? Become Ground "employees" who do more work for less pay?
I'm thinking they'll become 35 hour per week employees and banned from working any weekends. Under 39 hours also means the company won't have to provide health insurance but then again I thought the company is the insurance company. But for sure, the writing has been there for 10 years. The company workforce , like others in America, are being filled with a bunch of quiet quitters.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I'm thinking they'll become 35 hour per week employees and banned from working any weekends. Under 39 hours also means the company won't have to provide health insurance but then again I thought the company is the insurance company. But for sure, the writing has been there for 10 years. The company workforce , like others in America, are being filled with a bunch of quiet quitters.
Full time is 30 hours/week, as defined for required health insurance coverage.

Star B

White Lightening
The customer/large shipper won’t know unless they research tracking number.

The larger shippers print their own barcodes using the FedEx API. Do you know how easy it is to filter 4z out?

1. Generate Express Tracking Number and acquire variables
  2. If URSA Routing Code includes "4Z" --> Then Void Label, Go To Generate UPS Label.
  3. IF URSA Location Code includes "Q???Q" --. Then Void Label and Go To Generate UPS label.
There you go, you've now gotten rid of LMO and FedEx is going to be none the wiser until they notice the revenue drop. Knowing FedEx, they wont even dig into the fact that LMO is the DIRECT reason for the loss in revenue, even if the customer says "it's lmo".. the sales droid will probably just mark it as "customer volume change due to market forces, nothing we can do *shrug*"