FedEx contractor revolt?

yadig

What he was saying is that Ground contracting is no longer and investible venture. Trouble is he's a little late for the show. It started heading in that direction 4 years ago.
How could it be a good investment now and future? How much $ would it take?

bacha29

How could it be a good investment now and future? How much $ would it take?
It will take a hell of a lot more dollars that what Fat's and Raj are currently offering now and in the future. Probably somewhere in the 35-40% more than what they are currently offering.

bbsam

Staff member
What he was saying is that Ground contracting is no longer and investible venture. Trouble is he's a little late for the show. It started heading in that direction 4 years ago.
He’s saying that FedEx has created and is completely mismanaging a crisis in their company.

bbsam

Staff member
And how long do you think it's going to take to correct those missteps and shortcomings when as they see it they're doing nothing wrong?
Lol. Not long at all.

You dismissed Shaw getting involved. Fred, John, and Raj should be very, very concerned.

bbsam

Staff member
What’s the future for FedEx? Is it fixable? Is ups gonna take another competitor down?
Excellent question. I doubt it though. As much as they won’t like it, investors are going to have to stop looking for the 18% margins of long ago. That’s simply not realistic.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
When I started at UPS in 1990, I was envious of FedEx couriers. They seemed to have it made, no heavy packages, nice little vans.
We did have it made. Excellent insurance, travel benefits, profit sharing, and we only made a dollar or two less than you guys. You’re wrong about the heavy packages though. Since I started we always took up to 150 packages while the big bad UPS man only took 50 lbs. it was a lot of fun back then, plus, we loaded our own trucks, so we didn’t have to hope and pray a loader didn’t screw us for the day. Times have definitely changed.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We did have it made. Excellent insurance, travel benefits, profit sharing, and we only made a dollar or two less than you guys. You’re wrong about the heavy packages though. Since I started we always took up to 150 packages while the big bad UPS man only took 50 lbs. it was a lot of fun back then, plus, we loaded our own trucks, so we didn’t have to hope and pray a loader didn’t screw us for the day. Times have definitely changed.
I thought the couriers only carried letters and those tubes or small packages back then.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I understand, once again you are unresponsive to the question.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just reply, "Most likely."?
It would have been over.

Your inability to be truthful in many unresponsive "responses" is precisely why most here rightly label you as an apologist and lackey.

I'm going to try again,

If you were simply displaced and offered ninety days to secure another position, would you be satisfied?

If you were, would your wife lose any respect for you?
You ask the stupidest questions for reasons that are, I guess, just as stupid.

floridays

You ask the stupidest questions for reasons that are, I guess, just as stupid.
Only because I am dealing with a person that refuses to be truthful at times.

It would have been truthful to say, "Yeah I'd be pissed if they changed from the past and didn't offer a buyout to get rid of me.

Truth be told, no buyout is required unless they are terms of a contract.

Do you work under a contract?