FedEx RTD

FedUpRTD

At my location in the last 6 months, we have lost 7 or so FT RTD’s to UPS. The 20+ year journey to top out at FedEx was the main factor in those people leaving. Those guys went straight into feeders, something that was previously unheard of until now and will be topped out in 4 years. It is kind of a no-brainer to leave for UPS if you have less than 10-15 years with FedEx and are young enough to do it.

zeev

UPS is hiring like crazy of course every area is different, strike while the iron is hot. Ignore the misinformation from the FedEx stooges, unless of course you work at Ground and love no benefits,no pay, and no pension.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
UPS is hiring like crazy of course every area is different, strike while the iron is hot. Ignore the misinformation from the FedEx stooges, unless of course you work at Ground and love no benefits,no pay, and no pension.
Ground contractors just trying to keep the scam alive.
I talked to a ground driver and asked him why he didn't apply somewhere else that was paying a higher wage. He responded that he needed a job on a bus line. Class A ground driver and couldn't afford a car

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ground contractors just trying to keep the scam alive.
I talked to a ground driver and asked him why he didn't apply somewhere else that was paying a higher wage. He responded that he needed a job on a bus line. Class A ground driver and couldn't afford a car
That’s just sad. Lol.

Aquaman

At my location in the last 6 months, we have lost 7 or so FT RTD’s to UPS. The 20+ year journey to top out at FedEx was the main factor in those people leaving. Those guys went straight into feeders, something that was previously unheard of until now and will be topped out in 4 years. It is kind of a no-brainer to leave for UPS if you have less than 10-15 years with FedEx and are young enough to do it.
We lose drivers too. But it’s not a lateral move. Because UPS is going to have you driving sleeper team OTR... if you’re young and single it makes sense to pay your dues to get to the day cab routes. Most people can’t do OTR though.

vantexan

But also the original post was about FedEx RTD’s having options... ya we know we could all make more money OTR. What options are there for going home every night? Not missing your daughters soccer game. Taking a walk with your wife. Swimming in the summer. Very very few options.
Its a tough choice but if you stay with FedEx you may not be able to pay for your daughter's first car or pay for her education or leave much of an inheritance. If your wife wants you home though what other choice do you have? Another concern of OTR is how many drivers develop diabetes and heart disease. If you would have trouble managing that then all the money in the world won't make a difference.