FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

Oldfart

Uh, 25% over the last couple of years?
You're not doing a good job you might want to find someone to manage your investments.

Typical response from a company shill who goes to great lengths to praise fred for giving you back something he took away.
When you are close to calling it a career, you start moving toward more conservative investments. You might want to read a book on investments and retirement. It is pretty much a unanimous opinion from people I trust.

Oldfart

Typical response from someone that has no reading comprehension.
Take your raise and go "buy" another IRA
I am gonna go dig in the ground. You said they are buried there. Then again, you denied the use of the word "direct" and called me names. Only to realize you were wrong, as usual. Bummer

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When you are close to calling it a career, you start moving toward more conservative investments. You might want to read a book on investments and retirement. It is pretty much a unanimous opinion from people I trust.
WDFD
The guy who doesn't understand how taxes work giving me financial advice lol. You're a funny old fart.

floridays

I am gonna go dig in the ground. You said they are buried there. Then again, you denied the use of the word "direct" and called me names. Only to realize you were wrong, as usual. Bummer
I'm through with you clown, I guess the other's are just smarter than me, or I've just been around a shorter time, whichever adios.

Oldfart

Considering the crap you've posted in this thread I'd say that's a good choice.
Coming from someone that doesn't realize how withholding is done on bonuses vs a weekly paycheck, you better call someone yourself. You kept preaching adding exemptions and you didn't even know bonuses had a higher withholding than a regular paycheck. Thought that was common knowledge. Guess you missed that memo.

Gotta run My man Billy is coming on.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Coming from someone that doesn't realize how withholding is done on bonuses vs a weekly paycheck, you better call someone yourself. You kept preaching adding exemptions and you didn't even know bonuses had a higher withholding than a regular paycheck.
I'm aware, which is why I suggested you change your withholding on regular paychecks to correct tax over payments from bonus checks. You're one of the suckers who gives the government an interest free loan every year with tax over payments. And you prefer fed ex to hold onto your bonus for 6 months when your money could be earning in the market.

Sad.

fatboy33

For those complaining about going from April '18 till October of '19 for a raise. Please feel free to tell payroll you decline your April raise. We would hate for you to feel slighted for going that long without a raise. In your opinion, getting a raise 6 months early is a BAD thing.
Like saying to a hostage," If you hate the captor, refuse the water he offers you". They're only giving us what was due to us. While these companies squirreled our money away in Ireland or Crete, we increased work production for them without equal compensation.

Oldfart

Like saying to a hostage," If you hate the captor, refuse the water he offers you". They're only giving us what was due to us. While these companies squirreled our money away in Ireland or Crete, we increased work production for them without equal compensation.
Didn't you just get a 7% or close to it raise?

More whining from someone who is about to get another raise. If they do nothing you complain. They "give back" as you say, you complain.

MassWineGuy

It’s not like the company is doing us a big favor. What tax advantages do you think they receive by issuing raises in April. Do tax conditions change in the next fiscal year?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I was talking to my manager this morning about the raises and bonuses. He said their bonuses will probably be conditional on station performance, meaning a lot of them probably won’t even get a bonus. That’s not right.

Oldfart

It’s not like the company is doing us a big favor. What tax advantages do you think they receive by issuing raises in April. Do tax conditions change in the next fiscal year?
Giving you a raise 6 months early is not in your favor?

Can you explain why a raise is a bad thing?

vantexan

I was talking to my manager this morning about the raises and bonuses. He said their bonuses will probably be conditional on station performance, meaning a lot of them probably won’t even get a bonus. That’s not right.
Has always seemed, to me at least, that when FedEx gives something to one group another group suffers. FedEx managers may have to settle for their higher pay but limited bonuses from now on to help pay for the new pay plan. Profit comes first.

fedex_rtd

Giving you a raise 6 months early is not in your favor?

Can you explain why a raise is a bad thing?

Your NOT getting a raise 6 months early, your getting your raise put back on the schedule it was on prior to the big recession. Maybe you have memory issues, but we went 18 months without a pay raise a few years back.

Oldfart

Your NOT getting a raise 6 months early, your getting your raise put back on the schedule it was on prior to the big recession. Maybe you have memory issues, but we went 18 months without a pay raise a few years back.
Stop living in the past. Was that 5 years ago? Maybe more? You ARE getting a raise 6 months early. You whine when you get a raise. That is funny I don't care who you are.

Many years ago they suspended the 401k match for a year or so. If they decided to double the match on the 401k to 7% you would whine that they are ONLY giving back the match they took away back then.

Last edited:

DeliveryException

Stop living in the past. Was that 5 years ago? Maybe more? You ARE getting a raise 6 months early. You whine when you get a raise.

Serious question, if topped out don't get a raise will you still sing the praises?

I'm sure you will get something, but they haven't said anything about topped out employees yet.

I'm guessing maybe topped get a bonus so they can keep the same steps from last year.

Oldfart

Serious question, if topped out don't get a raise will you still sing the praises?

I'm sure you will get something, but they haven't said anything about topped out employees yet.

I'm guessing maybe topped get a bonus so they can keep the same steps from last year.
I don't live with 'IF" or "MAYBE" and start crying like people on here. WHEN they release the exact details, I will have an opinion. Seen too many on here "WONDER" and then cry and whine when details are not even known. I seriously doubt they will leave an entire pay grade out of the raise.