FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

fedex_rtd

Someone who gets TWO raises in 6 months and STILL complains is a whiner.

I seem to remember that prior to 2001 we used to get two raises per year, if your reviews were good you would see a 3.5% raise each time.

Why is it that you gloss over the fact that a few years ago we went 18 months without a raise?

I actually think I remember you from way back when we had reviews...you were the guy that would always bring donuts and coffee for the managers in the mornings.

Oldfart

I seem to remember that prior to 2001 we used to get two raises per year, if your reviews were good you would see a 3.5% raise each time.

Why is it that you gloss over the fact that a few years ago we went 18 months without a raise?

I actually think I remember you from way back when we had reviews...you were the guy that would always bring donuts and coffee for the managers in the mornings.
False. We did get 2 reviews a year but we were not getting 7% raises. All topped out people were getting Pay For Performance checks. Don't believe the 2 totaled 500 to 700. If people that were not topped out were getting 7% raises, they would have quickly passed topped out people.

Get your facts straight.

I do remember reviews. Just got 1 yesterday.

McFeely

Huge Member
They either quit whining or they suffer the consequences.

Y'all better act right, or OF is gonna take your paper outta your printer. OMG, I'm dying here!

Wonder if when new drivers start at his station, he's all like "now listen hurrrr, I'm the Sheriff in this here town and y'all just better quit your bellyachin' or there will be superglue in your wheels!"

Star B

White Lightening
Wonder if when new drivers start at his station, he's all like "now listen hurrrr, I'm the Sheriff in this here town and y'all just better quit your bellyachin' or there will be superglue in your wheels!"

maybe that'll fix the imbalance from the friend'in retreads.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
maybe that'll fix the imbalance from the friend'in retreads.
I have a coworker who kept complaining about how bald her tires were and how she was slipping on snow/ice. She kept writing her truck up....nothing. I told her to find a cop and have them write her a ticket. She found a cop and asked him about the tread. He said none of her tires were street legal. She had two new tires on the back the next day. Lol

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I have a coworker who kept complaining about how bald her tires were and how she was slipping on snow/ice. She kept writing her truck up....nothing. I told her to find a cop and have them write her a ticket. She found a cop and asked him about the tread. He said none of her tires were street legal. She had two new tires on the back the next day. Lol
That speaks volumes about how little FedEx cares about safety especially when it costs them money.

Oldfart

Nice story. Now if it were only true.

Unless Barney Fife is your local law enforcement.

A. The police don't care about your tires

B. They don't have time to deal with people about their tires

C. Most officers have no idea what tread is legal and don't carry a depth
gauge

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

gauge
:bsbullf:

bacha29

gauge
Whenever there's a wreck involving a vehicle with a DOT number on the side, what's one of the first things they check?.....tire condition.

Oldfart

Whenever there's a wreck involving a vehicle with a DOT number on the side, what's one of the first things they check?.....tire condition.
I have a brother and a nephew that are officers. They do not carry a tire depth gauge. DOT might but everyday police officers do not. Try again

Last edited by a moderator:

Star B

White Lightening
That speaks volumes about how little FedEx cares about safety especially when it costs them money.
hold up, that's HER station. In my station, if you write up tires because they are worn, you get new tires. Worst case, you get a date when to park it in front of the shop for the mechanics to do it if they are close but not actually below legal.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have a brother and a nephew that are officers. They do not carry a tire depth gauge. DOT might but everyday police officers do not. Try again
Most everyone has an informal tire tread dept gauge handy. It ain’t that complicated for a non idiot.
41A9767C-A578-455C-AE5F-1DB5A9BD97D6.jpeg

Oldfart

hold up, that's HER station. In my station, if you write up tires because they are worn, you get new tires. Worst case, you get a date when to park it in front of the shop for the mechanics to do it if they are close but not actually below legal.
Mechanics are like managers. If you whine and cry, be prepared to spend a summer with NO a/c. You go to the bottom of the list for repairs.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You get a date? Like an appointment?

bacha29

In my state the state police set up random safety inspection points wherever and whenever they are deemed needed and most effective. Trucks are weighed and safety inspections are performed. Needless to say tire condition violations are among the easiest and most common violations.....Try again.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
In my state the state police set up random safety inspection points wherever and whenever they are deemed needed and most effective. Trucks are weighed and safety inspections are performed. Needless to say tire condition violations are among the easiest and most common violations.....Try again.
Same in my state.