FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

Star B

White Lightening
You get a date? Like an appointment?
Kinda... it's a "We expect to have time to work on it on $date, but if someone blows an axle, you'll get bumped again". However, if you get a POS that the driver hasn't actually pre/post-tripped in months and it NEEDS tires yesterday, you'll get them the same night.

edit: it's nice having OF on ignore. it makes everyone else look like their talking to themselves. What? you mean to tell me that's not normal? crap.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Kinda... it's a "We expect to have time to work on it on $date, but if someone blows an axle, you'll get bumped again". However, if you get a POS that the driver hasn't actually pre/post-tripped in months and it NEEDS tires yesterday, you'll get them the same night.

edit: it's nice having OF on ignore. it makes everyone else look like their talking to themselves. What? you mean to tell me that's not normal? crap.
It pays at my station to butter up the mechanics. I always bake stuff for them at Christmas. If they have the part, my truck is fixed and in the lineup the next morning. :)

Oldfart

In my state the state police set up random safety inspection points wherever and whenever they are deemed needed and most effective. Trucks are weighed and safety inspections are performed. Needless to say tire condition violations are among the easiest and most common violations.....Try again.
So OP claims her friend just happen to find a state police officer that had a tire depth gauge and convinced that officer to give her a ticket so the company would put new tires on the van. Just how many officers did that person have to ask until they found a officer with a depth gauge. I don't believe the penny test will suffice as a legal gauge when it comes to law enforcement.

OP is full of it anyway. I call BS.

Oldfart

What kind of KGB gulag do you work out of? Everybody is either whining or getting even with whiners.
You whine or complain. The couriers take care of you. You either quit whining or you get dealt with. Nothing clears a room quicker than a whiner. Kind of like when tex, OP or bacha enter a room.

Our mechanic does an awesome job keeping our vans on the road. He does take care of those that do things the right way. I take him donuts when the station buys the couriers donuts. I take him to lunch every now and then and even bought him a small Christmas gift. In return, I get my truck PM'd and back on the road without having to drive a spare. He keeps my A/C blowing some COLD air and he will put me ahead of the complainers when he has more than he can do in 1 day. You take care of him, he takes care of you. That's why the whiners get the spare trucks or the real turd trucks while I get a new truck every year or so and others get my hand me downs.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So OP claims her friend just happen to find a state police officer that had a tire depth gauge and convinced that officer to give her a ticket so the company would put new tires on the van. Just how many officers did that person have to ask until they found a officer with a depth gauge. I don't believe the penny test will suffice as a legal gauge when it comes to law enforcement.

OP is full of it anyway. I call BS.
You’re making a lot of assumptions there. One thing I wasn’t clear on, the cop didn’t write a ticket. He just looked at the tires and told her they weren’t street legal. I never said he was a state police officer. He was a county cop. I never said he had a depth gauge either.

Oldfart

You’re making a lot of assumptions there. One thing I wasn’t clear on, the cop didn’t write a ticket. He just looked at the tires and told her they weren’t street legal. I never said he was a state police officer. He was a county cop. I never said he had a depth gauge either.
If he didn't have a tire depth gauge, how can he say for a fact the tires were not legal? Did county cop Bubba pull out a penny? If he didn't write her a ticket, what did HE DO that got her 2 tires? You said because HE said her tires were not legal, she got 2 tires. Sounds like you just caught fabricating.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If he didn't have a tire depth gauge, how can he say for a fact the tires were not legal? Did county cop Bubba pull out a penny? If he didn't write her a ticket, what did HE DO that got her 2 tires? You said because HE said her tires were not legal, she got 2 tires. Sounds like you just caught fabricating.
Believe what you want. I could not care less. I know what she told me and what she said happened.

Oldfart

Believe what you want. I could not care less. I know what she told me and what she said happened.
You were bragging about something that didn't even make sense and once some questions were presented, you had to admit you left out some facts. Now you say what "she said" happened. You stated your original post as fact. You and bacha have a lot in common. Both got caught making stuff up because it made for a better story.
As usual, you speak, my B S detector goes off.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Our mechanics make right at $30. Doubt yours make 10 or 20 more than ours. Sounds like you just might be mistaken.
ASE certifications, up to 2, are worth $5/hr each. That would push the payrate over $40/hr as starting pay. Most serious mechanics have at least one certification.

Oldfart

I call BS. The mechanics have NOTHING to do with who gets a new truck, that decision is made in Memphis.
Then u would be wrong, as usual. Our mechanic decides what truck goes on each rt depending on the miles driven. Managers decide what size truck is needed, mechanic assigns the truck of that size. You actually believe someone in memphis decides what truck all 60k couriers drive. You are funny.

Oldfart

ASE certifications, up to 2, are worth $5/hr each. That would push the payrate over $40/hr as starting pay. Most serious mechanics have at least one certification.
You are badly mistaken. You actually think starting pay for vehicle mechanic is over 40 an hour. Not even close. Ours dont even top out there. The last raise put our mechanics top out at 32 and change. I looked into and interviewed for a position 2 years ago and top pay was 27 something back then. 2 raises later they arent even close to what you say starting pay is.