FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

Oldfart

Not impossible. Needs the space and time. If he works nights where all the trucks are in then he would have time to do engines. But I doubt he has a machine shop. More than likely still sends any machine work out.

Machine shop? Lol. Our guys arent rebuilding motors. Ours install Jasper motors and trannys.

Oldfart

Well you are on the lowest pay scale.
No idea. I know courier pay is 27.08. No idea where that falls.

Machine shop? LOL. Most dealerships.dont even have machine shops. They send out the blocks and heads and have those machined and try like heck to just sell the customer a factory rebuilt engine.

floridays

I have a coworker who kept complaining about how bald her tires were and how she was slipping on snow/ice. She kept writing her truck up....nothing. I told her to find a cop and have them write her a ticket. She found a cop and asked him about the tread. He said none of her tires were street legal. She had two new tires on the back the next day. Lol
Good girl

MAKAVELI

No idea. I know courier pay is 27.08. No idea where that falls.

Machine shop? LOL. Most dealerships.dont even have machine shops. They send out the blocks and heads and have those machined and try like heck to just sell the customer a factory rebuilt engine.
Yes to do a complete rebuild yourself you need a machine shop. Dealerships don't do rebuilds. Ttku

Oldfart

Yes to do a complete rebuild yourself you need a machine shop. Dealerships don't do rebuilds. Ttku
Sure they do. Rebuild trannys often. Will do engines if customer insists on it.

My wife wrote service at a Chevy store before she retired.

Good thing you drive a truck. Your outside knowledge is limited. Bummer

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

Sure they do. Rebuild trannys often. Will do engines if customer insists on it.

My wife wrote service at a Chevy dealership before she retired.

Good thing you drive a truck. Your outside knowledge is limited. Bummer
Most of dealership work is warranty. R&R with factory or OEM supplier. They don't normally do the rebuilds themselves. Too time consuming and liability if something goes wrong with the rebuild. Brother is a mechanic at a big Toyota dealership out here. Bummer.

Oldfart

Most of dealership work is warranty. R&R with factory or OEM supplier. They don't normally do the rebuilds themselves. Too time consuming and liability if something goes wrong with the rebuild. Brother is a mechanic at a big Toyota dealership out here. Bummer.
My wife sold transmission rebuilds often. They had a booming business doing engines when requested unless customer wanted a Mr Goodwrench installed. They had a Performamce Division doing custom work selling GM Performamce parts. Hendrick Chevy is nothing like Toyota stores.

Too bad you dont know squat other than Toyotas. Bummer

MAKAVELI

My wife sold transmission rebuilds often. They had a booming business doing engines when requested unless customer wanted a Mr Goodwrench installed. They had a Performamce Division doing custom work selling GM Performamce parts. Hendrick Chevy is nothing like Toyota stores.

Too bad you dont know squat other than Toyotas. Bummer
She sold Rebuilt not a rebuild.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Speaking of Toyota, did you see my picture this morning in that other thread?