FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

Oldfart

She sold Rebuilt not a rebuild.
Bubba. You just dont know what you are talking about. Chevy stores rebuild 4L60, 4L80 and all the frt wheel drive trannys daily.
Her store had an entire crew doing motors and selling Performamce jobs.

Better stick to whatever you know cause cars sure arent it.

!Retired!

Anyone want to take bets on what the actual pay action will be?
Who here says 3% across the board?
$0.50 for all drivers?
Step increase for all plus a 3% for top of range?
Just an early raise in April, and nothing in October?
Step increase, 3% for top and no raise in October. Whether it stays as April starting in 2019 is to be seen.
I say a $1,000 bonus check.
I'll take a step up in April over a single $1,000 check. I'll make more that way, even if I only got minimum for the whole 24 weeks.

Oldfart

Step increase, 3% for top and no raise in October. Whether it stays as April starting in 2019 is to be seen.

I'll take a step up in April over a single $1,000 check. I'll make more that way, even if I only got minimum for the whole 24 weeks.
Is that speculation or did you see it somewhere?

MAKAVELI

Bubba. You just dont know what you are talking about. Chevy stores rebuild 4L60, 4L80 and all the frt wheel drive trannys daily.
Her store had an entire crew doing motors and selling Performamce jobs.

Better stick to whatever you know cause cars sure arent it.
Bubba, dealers sell parts. That's where they make money. It's all in the markup. You don't know squat.

Oldfart

Bubba, dealers sell parts. That's where they make money. It's all in the markup. You don't know squat.
My wife made.an excellent living as a Service Writer. I guess you have no idea what that is. Ask your brother and let him school you.
Parts counter sells way more to the service dept than it does to walkiins. Service marks up those parts about 30% or so and charges about $130 an hr to install them

Dude. You are totally clueless. Dont feel bad.

MAKAVELI

My wife made.an excellent living as a Service Writer. I guess you have no idea what that is. Ask your brother and let him school you.
Parts counter sells way more to the service dept than it does to walkiins. Service marks up those parts about 30% or so and charges about $130 an hr to install them

Dude. You are totally clueless. Dont feel bad.
You have no clue as to what makes $ at a dealership shop. Labor pays for mechanics and overhead. Parts , which can be marked up anywhere from 50%-500% is pure profit. They sell parts to make $ and the quicker they move cars in and out the more $ they make. The only time when labor makes more more money is for major services or gravy work such as brakes and oil. Rebuilds are time consuming, take up shop space, have liabilities and simply don't make $. I don't know why anyone would take a car out of warranty to a dealership for rebuilds unless it's European or high end. Everyone else is going to be stuck with a bill at least twice a private garage. Too bad you have no clue. Bummer.

Oldfart

You have no clue as to what makes $ at a dealership shop. Labor pays for mechanics and overhead. Parts , which can be marked up anywhere from 50%-500% is pure profit. They sell parts to make $ and the quicker they move cars in and out the more $ they make. The only time when labor makes more more money is for major services or gravy work such as brakes and oil. Rebuilds are time consuming, take up shop space, have liabilities and simply don't make $. I don't know why anyone would take a car out of warranty to a dealership for rebuilds unless it's European or high end. Everyone else is going to be stuck with a bill at least twice a private garage. Too bad you have no clue. Bummer.
Whatever you say Tupac.

All I know is a good service writer can make 80k or more. A good mechanic is right there with him, maybe more. I never met a parts counter person who makes that kind of $.

Where do you get your 225 worked on?

MAKAVELI

Whatever you say Tupac.

All I know is a good service writer can make 80k or more. A good mechanic is right there with him, maybe more. I never met a parts counter person who makes that kind of $.

Where do you get your 225 worked on?
Yeah service writers can make good $. But most are on salary + commission. And by selling parts I mean in repairs not the counter person. I'm sure your wife made more on services and jobs that could be turned around quickly than a large job that took time and space.

Oldfart

Yeah service writers can make good $. But most are on salary + commission. And by selling parts I mean in repairs not the counter person. I'm sure your wife made more on services and jobs that could be turned around quickly than a large job that took time and space.
You are completely clueless. You think you know more than my wife who made a career in the automotive business. When you have a shop full of technicians, the writer is making money off of more than 1 car at a time. A good technician can flag 50 hrs or more in a 40 hr week. No matter how long jobs take, the shop is charging labor and the job is getting done quicker than the labor book shows. Time for you to move along tupac because you are showing with each post how uninformed you are.

You better stick to driving trucks.

Last edited:

Oldfart

I noticed that.
You mean where OP indicated her coworker stopped a police officer and he LOOKED at her tires and SAID they were not legal and because the officer SAID they were not legal, her mechanic gave her new tires. LOL

Biggest BS post of the day. How did the police officer check the tires? With a penny?

How did the officer even know the law. he wasn't DOT, he was county BUBBA.

How did the police officer relay his opinion to the mechanic if no ticket was given?

Na. OP got caught fabricating a story to make the company she hates so bad look like they made her coworker drive an unsafe vehicle. Bummer

SmithBarney

Not impossible. Needs the space and time. If he works nights where all the trucks are in then he would have time to do engines. But I doubt he has a machine shop. More than likely still sends any machine work out.

They don't do major internal work on engines at centers, if an engine needs serious work beyond the short block, UPS gets a reman engine crated in, and they send the old one off... it's cheaper and more time efficient.