FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

vantexan

Given your past comments describing how little you walked away with after all your years of service to X that alone should tell you about how concerned they are what you're concerned about. Inventing, developing, getting the patents the licensing agreements and bringing it to market before anyone else does is all that matters to the drivers of technology. It's a global economy with a global population that's not likely to stop growing in number.
The marketplace will decide and believe it or not companies do take more into account than profit.

vantexan

And..back to topic..does this April raise apply to Fedex Ground?.. in USA and Canada?

Having worked for X, and now Ground(long boring story)...there seems to be different rules, and mindset for the two companies..
You're hip enough to refer to Express as "X", and have worked for both it and Ground, but can't differentiate between the two? Not to be snarky, but they are two different divisions so FedEx Express giving raises to it's employees excludes FedEx Ground employees from getting said raise. And FedEx Ground employees are a small group of people. Those doing similar work to Express couriers are employees of contractors, not actual employees of FedEx Ground. If you're a Ground driver you may want to ask your contractor if he will provide you a raise. If you're eligible for rehire and want to do this type of work, you may want to reapply at Express as they now have a decent raise system in place.

vantexan

Given your past comments describing how little you walked away with after all your years of service to X that alone should tell you about how concerned they are what you're concerned about. Inventing, developing, getting the patents the licensing agreements and bringing it to market before anyone else does is all that matters to the drivers of technology. It's a global economy with a global population that's not likely to stop growing in number.
P.S. Actually in Kazakhstan right now where money is easily going twice as far. And with excellent internet I have Dish Satellite playing on my tablet next to me while I surf the net. Food is good, people are friendly, city is very nice. A bit cold, but no wind and low humidity. Unfortunately the Airbnb nice studio for $193 a month was only available for one month so moving on to Ukraine in March. I could've stayed in the States and said woe is me, or do something about it. And my wife is joining me in 6 months when car is paid off. Lemons or lemonade, it's what you make of it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
P.S. Actually in Kazakhstan right now where money is easily going twice as far. And with excellent internet I have Dish Satellite playing on my tablet next to me while I surf the net. Food is good, people are friendly, city is very nice. A bit cold, but no wind and low humidity. Unfortunately the Airbnb nice studio for $193 a month was only available for one month so moving on to Ukraine in March. I could've stayed in the States and said woe is me, or do something about it. And my wife is joining me in 6 months when car is paid off. Lemons or lemonade, it's what you make of it.
Do many people speak English there?

vantexan

Do many people speak English there?
Quite a few younger people do, fluency varies. It's becoming the preferred second language instead of Russian throughout the region. My Airbnb owner speaks limited English but his doctor wife speaks it better than I do. I've been given an English menu in a couple of restaurants so far. But definitely a good idea to know how to read Cyrillic. My wife and I will probably end up in either Albania or Georgia, both of which allow Americans a year stay. A former Georgian president was Harvard trained and he had street signs put in both Georgian and English and brought in several thousand English teachers to teach in schools across the country. English for those under thirty is common there. With our retiree discount I flew from Orlando to London for $167 on United and had no problem getting on standby. And with discount airlines in the States and Europe I literally got half way around the world for $700 and would've spent considerably less if I hadn't gone all the way to Kazakhstan.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Quite a few younger people do, fluency varies. It's becoming the preferred second language instead of Russian throughout the region. My Airbnb owner speaks limited English but his doctor wife speaks it better than I do. I've been given an English menu in a couple of restaurants so far. But definitely a good idea to know how to read Cyrillic. My wife and I will probably end up in either Albania or Georgia, both of which allow Americans a year stay. A former Georgian president was Harvard trained and he had street signs put in both Georgian and English and brought in several thousand English teachers to teach in schools across the country. English for those under thirty is common there. With our retiree discount I flew from Orlando to London for $167 on United and had no problem getting on standby. And with discount airlines in the States and Europe I literally got half way around the world for $700 and would've spent considerably less if I hadn't gone all the way to Kazakhstan.
Sounds like quite an adventure.

Waste Manager

Just to clarify Vantexan..I am a Ground employee. I've worked for .X, G, post office, and local couriers, as well as Purolator..as a courier, sales, admin, ops mgr, and even!...the call center, and dispatch.

I am only wanting to know if the said "raises" are for X only..or if ol' Freddy is going to include the small group of G employees as well..

fredxx

Just FX probably cuz G are contractors..NOT FX employees....so NO bonus unless the contractor decides to offer the bonus..highly unlikely..since they WONT be the one saving $1.5B..

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Just to clarify Vantexan..I am a Ground employee. I've worked for .X, G, post office, and local couriers, as well as Purolator..as a courier, sales, admin, ops mgr, and even!...the call center, and dispatch.

I am only wanting to know if the said "raises" are for X only..or if ol' Freddy is going to include the small group of G employees as well..
I haven’t heard anything about Ground employees, but that’s not surprising.

bacha29

And to illustrate the advancement of technology, there's a 2018 attempt to replicate something that was first done by the US in 1971.
The main differences between then and now are are quite obvious First the space program was the direct result of the Cold War. Furthermore it was publicly funded and was in part the fulfillment of a promise made to an assassinated president and to the memory of 3 astronauts killed in Apollo 1. What happened in 1972? The Russian's had long since run out of money and a nasty little war called Vietnam. The cost and the lives lost required budget choices including cuts in NASA funding which up to that point had for the most part a blank check. Falcon Heavy was an impressive event but it's a private venture and even Elon Musk's pockets are only so deep. Furthermore a less publicized but no less important matter was the Western allies anger over the fact that the program was being run by Werner Von Braun and his team of fellow Nazi scientists who the British thought should have been tried for war crimes.

Oldfart

A car note is gonna separate you from your wife for 6 months? Must be some special car. Bummer

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
A car note is gonna separate you from your wife for 6 months? Must be some special car. Bummer
7E76B086-7D6F-430C-825D-F33C228A486E.gif