FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

vantexan

I wanna see some pictures!
Look up Almaty, Kazakhstan on Google. Also Tbilisi, Georgia; Batumi, Georgia(amazing city); Albanian Riviera; Budapest, Hungary; Lviv, Ukraine; Sibiu, Romania; Bansko, Bulgaria; Varna, Bulgaria. A lot more out there but these should give you a good idea about what's possible. The food is great, costs and crime are low(Budapest is more expensive but if you can afford it it's amazing. Spent the night in the airport there last Saturday.).

Oldfart

Yeah, because you got in early enough you got much better pay and retirement. There's just no pleasing you. FedEx cut my pension short, and you're critical of me for just making the most of what I got. But I'll be better off than many who are trapped in the mindset that it's better to struggle in the States and be "safe" than to live overseas. I have everything on Dish, and it comes through clearly over the internet. I'm in a city right now that has over 1700 restaurants listed on tripadvisor, has a number of huge modern malls, beautiful parks, incredible mountains looking over it. And there are lots of people on the sidewalks most hours of the day. You know you're safe when young couples are walking around everywhere laughing and smiling. And before you say it, there are very nice high end cars and SUV's everywhere. And it doesn't matter what you think, I hope someone here will be encouraged to know they can have a decent retirement someday.
You said earlier that you took the SS Leveling option and was making 3k or so, NOW you say you are making $1840. Which is it?

You said you have a car note? Maybe that is your problem. You complain that I made more money and have a better pension. You have something I have NEVER had. A car note. Buy cheaper paid for vehicles and save your money. Instead, you squat it away paying car notes. Maybe you need to read a book on money management.

bacha29

Look up Almaty, Kazakhstan on Google. Also Tbilisi, Georgia; Batumi, Georgia(amazing city); Albanian Riviera; Budapest, Hungary; Lviv, Ukraine; Sibiu, Romania; Bansko, Bulgaria; Varna, Bulgaria. A lot more out there but these should give you a good idea about what's possible. The food is great, costs and crime are low(Budapest is more expensive but if you can afford it it's amazing. Spent the night in the airport there last Saturday.).
Getting close to my native land .....Bezerkistan. Seriously, enjoy your time there. These were all Soviet satellite states and Putin won't rest until he has them back. If he has it his way you may be among the last Westerners who get in the country.

bacha29

vantexan

Getting close to my native land .....Bezerkistan. Seriously, enjoy your time there. These were all Soviet satellite states and Putin won't rest until he has them back. If he has it his way you may be among the last Westerners who get in the country.
Which is just not happening.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The main differences between then and now are are quite obvious First the space program was the direct result of the Cold War. Furthermore it was publicly funded and was in part the fulfillment of a promise made to an assassinated president and to the memory of 3 astronauts killed in Apollo 1. What happened in 1972? The Russian's had long since run out of money and a nasty little war called Vietnam. The cost and the lives lost required budget choices including cuts in NASA funding which up to that point had for the most part a blank check. Falcon Heavy was an impressive event but it's a private venture and even Elon Musk's pockets are only so deep. Furthermore a less publicized but no less important matter was the Western allies anger over the fact that the program was being run by Werner Von Braun and his team of fellow Nazi scientists who the British thought should have been tried for war crimes.

Yeah, okay.

59 Dano

I doubt you'll be saying that when that little roadster lands on mars. BTW I guess you missed the part of the boosters landing enabling them to be reused.

The little Roadster won't be landing on Mars, for two reasons. One, it was never intended to land on Mars, only to enter a permanent orbit. Two, it overshot the orbit of Mars. We've been using reusable boosters throughout much (if not all) of the space shuttle program.

But hey, they launched a car into space 40 years after humans went to the moon, played golf, and drove around on a moon car. Congrats, I guess.

59 Dano

I'm thinking that since no one has been able to answer the question directly, then perhaps Ground is excluded from these 'raises'?. Ground employees get raises in October as well..

If it's any consolation, bacha will give you a long, rambling post about the P/E ratio of the stock along with his opinion of what the most recent backdated options are worth after repeating what he heard on Mad Money last night and pretending that he comprehends it.

MAKAVELI

The little Roadster won't be landing on Mars, for two reasons. One, it was never intended to land on Mars, only to enter a permanent orbit. Two, it overshot the orbit of Mars. We've been using reusable boosters throughout much (if not all) of the space shuttle program.

But hey, they launched a car into space 40 years after humans went to the moon, played golf, and drove around on a moon car. Congrats, I guess.
I heard they had computers 40 years ago.

59 Dano

I heard they had computers 40 years ago.

They did. The ones we have today are better and do more, which raises the question as to what the big deal is about the Tesla stunt considering it failed to replicate something that was first done over 45 years ago with technology that's considered primitive by today's standards.

I mean, they launched a rocket.

MAKAVELI

They did. The ones we have today are better and do more, which raises the question as to what the big deal is about the Tesla stunt considering it failed to replicate something that was first done over 45 years ago with technology that's considered primitive by today's standards.

I mean, they launched a rocket.
Just like computers they are improving the technology and making it less expensive. SpaceX ultimate goal is to take humans to Mars.
Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers Agree on Record 5-Year, $137.5 Million Contract

vantexan

You said earlier that you took the SS Leveling option and was making 3k or so, NOW you say you are making $1840. Which is it?

You said you have a car note? Maybe that is your problem. You complain that I made more money and have a better pension. You have something I have NEVER had. A car note. Buy cheaper paid for vehicles and save your money. Instead, you squat it away paying car notes. Maybe you need to read a book on money management.
Never said my pension was $3000. And I don't have a car note. My wife does. When I cashed out 401k I paid off $4k on her credit cards. One card left and the car. You like to leap to conclusions.

It will be fine

The space shuttle cost about $10k/lb to get to orbit. SpaceX is at $1k/lb and improving with better reusable boosters.