FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

MAKAVELI

And to illustrate the advancement of technology, there's a 2018 attempt to replicate something that was first done by the US in 1971.
I doubt you'll be saying that when that little roadster lands on mars. BTW I guess you missed the part of the boosters landing enabling them to be reused.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The entire office staff, package handlers, admins, QA, switchers, etc. are all Ground employees. This isn't a hard fact to understand.
Well we really don't care about them in these discussions unless there's a dedicated thread pertaining to those involved. This is not a hard fact to understand.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Where are you getting lost? Ground has many employees. The vast majority of people that work at Fedex Ground are employees.
As regards the raises Waste Manager was questioning, it is a pertinent fact whether or not you are a Ground employee for FedEx Corp., or a contractor. WM never made (or comprehended) the distinction.

Dead horse, no longer care.

vantexan

A car note is gonna separate you from your wife for 6 months? Must be some special car. Bummer
You would complain about anything. My wife is helping her daughter get settled in for college. Meanwhile I'm living cheaply enough to send her enough every month to make double payments on the car and her credit card. When we're debt free she'll join me. $1840 a month in many countries is like $4000 a month, or more, in the States so we'll be just fine.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You would complain about anything. My wife is helping her daughter get settled in for college. Meanwhile I'm living cheaply enough to send her enough every month to make double payments on the car and her credit card. When we're debt free she'll join me. $1840 a month in many countries is like $4000 a month, or more, in the States so we'll be just fine.
Sad

Oldfart

No complaints here. I am not the person living half way around the world from my wife because money is short. I decided to make sacrifices while I am working and I won't be living on 1840.00 a month.

It will be fine

Well we really don't care about them in these discussions unless there's a dedicated thread pertaining to those involved. This is not a hard fact to understand.

As regards the raises Waste Manager was questioning, it is a pertinent fact whether or not you are a Ground employee for FedEx Corp., or a contractor. WM never made (or comprehended) the distinction.

Dead horse, no longer care.

The guy said he's a ground employee, he made no mention of driving. That was just an assumption you made. It's reasonable to ask if raises are coming for them, they all got the 5% decrease during the recession.

Serf

P.S. Actually in Kazakhstan right now where money is easily going twice as far. And with excellent internet I have Dish Satellite playing on my tablet next to me while I surf the net. Food is good, people are friendly, city is very nice. A bit cold, but no wind and low humidity. Unfortunately the Airbnb nice studio for $193 a month was only available for one month so moving on to Ukraine in March. I could've stayed in the States and said woe is me, or do something about it. And my wife is joining me in 6 months when car is paid off. Lemons or lemonade, it's what you make of it.
I stayed in Kiev for 12$ a night. No visa requirement. Food & Beer was good. Scenery was awesome. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

vantexan

No complaints here. I am not the person living half way around the world from my wife because money is short. I decided to make sacrifices while I am working and I won't be living on 1840.00 a month.
Yeah, because you got in early enough you got much better pay and retirement. There's just no pleasing you. FedEx cut my pension short, and you're critical of me for just making the most of what I got. But I'll be better off than many who are trapped in the mindset that it's better to struggle in the States and be "safe" than to live overseas. I have everything on Dish, and it comes through clearly over the internet. I'm in a city right now that has over 1700 restaurants listed on tripadvisor, has a number of huge modern malls, beautiful parks, incredible mountains looking over it. And there are lots of people on the sidewalks most hours of the day. You know you're safe when young couples are walking around everywhere laughing and smiling. And before you say it, there are very nice high end cars and SUV's everywhere. And it doesn't matter what you think, I hope someone here will be encouraged to know they can have a decent retirement someday.

Waste Manager

Yes...I am a Fedex Ground employee....

I see vast differences in how the two companies are run. Ground "looks" like FDX in the bldg, same style of signs, letterhead, policies, etc, and overly complicated procedures.

I think of Ground as X 'poor country cousin'..it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck..but does it act like the duck...?

I'm thinking that since no one has been able to answer the question directly, then perhaps Ground is excluded from these 'raises'?. Ground employees get raises in October as well..

vantexan

Your story about how you can't afford to live in America and had to leave your family behind and move to a third world country.

Sad state of affairs for the American dream.
Look at the bigger picture. People used to travel long distances under very trying circumstances to move to America because it was where opportunities were. People used to travel many months in wagons to Oregon then had to build their homes and towns from the ground up. What I'm doing is nothing in comparison. I'm free to go home at any time and have a very good discount as a FedEx retiree to fly home. You make certain assumptions about the rest of the world but just aren't aware what's going on out there in quite a few places.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Look at the bigger picture. People used to travel long distances under very trying circumstances to move to America because it was where opportunities were. People used to travel many months in wagons to Oregon then had to build their homes and towns from the ground up. What I'm doing is nothing in comparison. I'm free to go home at any time and have a very good discount as a FedEx retiree to fly home. You make certain assumptions about the rest of the world but just aren't aware what's going on out there in quite a few places.
I wanna see some pictures!

bacha29

Yes...I am a Fedex Ground employee....

I see vast differences in how the two companies are run. Ground "looks" like FDX in the bldg, same style of signs, letterhead, policies, etc, and overly complicated procedures.

I think of Ground as X 'poor country cousin'..it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck..but does it act like the duck...?

I'm thinking that since no one has been able to answer the question directly, then perhaps Ground is excluded from these 'raises'?. Ground employees get raises in October as well..
Based on your comments I gather that you are a directly payrolled employee of Fedex Ground. You do not work for a contractor or third party staffing agency providing dock labor to Xground? Is that correct?