FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Never said my pension was $3000. And I don't have a car note. My wife does. When I cashed out 401k I paid off $4k on her credit cards. One card left and the car. You like to leap to conclusions.

Not to split hairs, but if your wife has a car note, then you have a car note. If you paid $4k on your wife's credit cards, you paid $4k on your credit cards. Your marriage is none of my business and I don't care, but any married person who thinks of things in terms of "There's my money, then there's your money; there's my bills, then there's your bills" is asking for problems.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The space shuttle cost about $10k/lb to get to orbit. SpaceX is at $1k/lb and improving with better reusable boosters.

Apples and oranges. The work done by a manned shuttle can't be done with an unmanned rocket. If the only purpose is to launch satellites to orbit the earth, then SpaceX is fine.

Oldfart

Never said my pension was $3000. And I don't have a car note. My wife does. When I cashed out 401k I paid off $4k on her credit cards. One card left and the car. You like to leap to conclusions.
Dude, you said you took the SS leveling option. Might have been 2k or so a month, can't remember. There is no way the leveling option is $1840 a month.
You keep bringing up my LARGE pension. Your $1840 a month is almost exactly what my pension will be. I made the sacrifices and didn't buy cars and have car notes. Now, when I retire, I will be able to replace about 90% of my working income because of my 401k. Few people at fedex retires on their pension alone. You threw your money away for your entire life and didn't prepare for retirement. Now you live away from your wife, you don't realize her bills are yours and you will scrape by the rest of your life. Bummer

MAKAVELI

And yet they still can't replicate something that's been done multiple times in the last 45+ years, which was the point of the mission.
Privatizing space travel? You can thank Musk later for saving NASA.

LOL!!! He may end up doing an outstanding job, but that contract is ridiculous.
When you find a franchise quarterback that has the ability to take you to the playoffs and beyond, you pay the man.

vantexan

Not to split hairs, but if your wife has a car note, then you have a car note. If you paid $4k on your wife's credit cards, you paid $4k on your credit cards. Your marriage is none of my business and I don't care, but any married person who thinks of things in terms of "There's my money, then there's your money; there's my bills, then there's your bills" is asking for problems.
We got married 4.5 yrs ago, she brought a lot of debt into it, I'm getting it paid off. The car and house are in her name only but I'm paying them off.

vantexan

Dude, you said you took the SS leveling option. Might have been 2k or so a month, can't remember. There is no way the leveling option is $1840 a month.
You keep bringing up my LARGE pension. Your $1840 a month is almost exactly what my pension will be. I made the sacrifices and didn't buy cars and have car notes. Now, when I retire, I will be able to replace about 90% of my working income because of my 401k. Few people at fedex retires on their pension alone. You threw your money away for your entire life and didn't prepare for retirement. Now you live away from your wife, you don't realize her bills are yours and you will scrape by the rest of your life. Bummer
Well know it all they cut my pension short and it accrued on lower pay. My other options were much less than $1840. The difference between your's and mine is at 67 mine drops to $228. But we'll have the house paid and rented out plus our SS. I still don't get how you call yourself a Christian and lie about people and attack them all the time. It's vicious and you seem to take pleasure in it. You really ought to think about that.

Oldfart

Well know it all they cut my pension short and it accrued on lower pay. My other options were much less than $1840. The difference between your's and mine is at 67 mine drops to $228. But we'll have the house paid and rented out plus our SS. I still don't get how you call yourself a Christian and lie about people and attack them all the time. It's vicious and you seem to take pleasure in it. You really ought to think about that.
How did SS Leveling option drop 400 or so from when you said what you were getting a few months ago?

Are you taking up bacha habits and making stuff up again? Maybe he can tell you how to buy stocks at a HEAVILY discounted rate.

!Retired!

Two-Cats-Fight-In-A-Boxing-Ring-Like-Humans.gif

!Retired!

Oh, the inhumanity!
That's what it's like on here....stupid cat fight. This was supposed to be a thread about our April raise, pension contribution and bonuses. It turned into a verbal assault on each other. Who said this, who said that...etc. We either all work or have worked for the same company. You want to bitch and moan about the company...fine. But, I've seen some comments that come VERY close to threats.

Waste Manager

Yes Bacha29..that is correct..I am an actual Fedex Ground employee...one of many, and one of a small pool of Fedex Ground employees...
In our station, we have pkg handlers, and QA Admins..all of which are Fedex Ground employees. ..not third party staffing agency employees, or contractors. Interesting enuf, while there have been no new employees added to our ranks in our station..they are about to add more mgmt!...go figure. None of mgmt can answer, or will not answer my question.

vantexan

How did SS Leveling option drop 400 or so from when you said what you were getting a few months ago?

Are you taking up bacha habits and making stuff up again? Maybe he can tell you how to buy stocks at a HEAVILY discounted rate.
I know it's hard but I never said anything more than $1840. I did however point out that my $1840 was worth twice as much or more overseas. I think at one point I said our SS plus renting out house plus what's left of my pension living overseas would be like having $7500+ a month in the States. Or more, depending on where we live.

fatboy33

I assist with courier class, REDS training and Newhire DD class. Plenty of dead time when they are taking test and doing other task with the District Trainer and she doesn't need my assistance.
Lots of dead time when I drive a tractor waiting on doors and getting offloaded.

Glad you are so interested in my days. I am flattered.
Unless that "Down Time" is after a 13 and followed by a 14, you're stealing from your employer. The company you can see no fault in, isn't paying you run to social media every 10 minutes. Your company thanks you in advance to put the phone down while on the clock.

Oldfart

Unless that "Down Time" is after a 13 and followed by a 14, you're stealing from your employer. The company you can see no fault in, isn't paying you run to social media every 10 minutes. Your company thanks you in advance to put the phone down while on the clock.
Nice try bubba. The students have to take tests that the Sr. Trainer administers. She has me in the class to explain how things work from a courier prospective and not just a trainers prospective. I can't grade, I can't lead the class, I can only join in at her invitation. She is a new trainer and is still learning the material. I will be sure and check with you when she sends me to the break room during testing and when she wants no input from me so you can advise me how to code my timecard. Oh wait. On the days I am helping her I don't punch a clock. They just pay me 8 hrs each day no matter how long class runs. Don't be jealous, it gets boring sometimes sitting around doing nothing while getting paid for it. Stealing? The MD put me in the class and has given me nothing but positive feedback. Bummer

Last edited: