FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

vantexan

Nice try bubba. The students have to take tests that the Sr. Trainer administers. She has me in the class to explain how things work from a courier prospective and not just a trainers prospective. I can't grade, I can't lead the class, I can only join in at her invitation. She is a new trainer and is still learning the material. I will be sure and check with you when she sends me to the break room during testing and when she wants no input from me so you can advise me how to code my timecard. Oh wait. On the days I am helping her I don't punch a clock. They just pay me 8 hrs each day no matter how long class runs. Don't be jealous, it gets boring sometimes sitting around doing nothing while getting paid for it. Stealing? The MD put me in the class and has given me nothing but positive feedback. Bummer
So they finally found you a place where you couldn't do any damage? Sorry, couldn't resist! :backingout::hapydancsmil:

floridays

Imagine a company that places trainers in a position, and they don't even know the material they are supposed to be teaching. Now quit imagining, the company exists and it is called FEDEX. Amazing. Would love to see her resume, how tall she is on her knees, and check to see if her head is flat.

vantexan

Imagine a company that places trainers in a position, and they don't even know the material they are supposed to be teaching. Now quit imagining, the company exists and it is called FEDEX. Amazing. Would love to see her resume, how tall she is on her knees, and check to see if her head is flat.
No worries, she has Oldfart to turn to!

Trainer: I really don't know this material.

Oldfart: Geez, what a whiner. You should be grateful you have this job. I bet you blow all your money. Why don't you know the material? That's not what you said last week. No, I wasn't here last week but I know what you said anyways. Can't be anything but what I said it is. I bet I'd do your job better and I wouldn't whine about it. You'll never be happy, even with the best job in the company. Bummer.

floridays

No worries, she has Oldfart to turn to!

Trainer: I really don't know this material.

Oldfart: Geez, what a whiner. You should be grateful you have this job. I bet you blow all your money. Why don't you know the material? That's not what you said last week. No, I wasn't here last week but I know what you said anyways. Can't be anything but what I said it is. I bet I'd do your job better and I wouldn't whine about it. You'll never be happy, even with the best job in the company. Bummer.
Supreme amigo, can't wait for his rebuttal.
Excellent humor.

Oldfart

So they finally found you a place where you couldn't do any damage? Sorry, couldn't resist! :backingout::hapydancsmil:
No problem. While you live on beenie weenie, I get to sit on my butt answering an occasional question and make $29.31 an hour. Some weeks I do 1 day, some weeks I will do 4 days. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

Oldfart

This person just became a trainer a month or so ago. She teaches DD Class, Courier Class Dispatch Class, REDS and some manager classes. That is a lot of info for anyone to know.

I am sure you know everything so you could teach all those classes.

floridays

This person just became a trainer a month or so ago. She teaches DD Class, Courier Class Dispatch Class, REDS and some manager classes. That is a lot of info for anyone to know.

I am sure you know everything so you could teach all those classes.
No, I don't but I would assume before I was promoted to a position like that I'd know how to find my :censored2: with a pitchfork, meaning I was qualified to perform from day one. These aren't entry level positions. Is this a district level trainer?

Oldfart

No, I don't but I would assume before I was promoted to a position like that I'd know how to find my :censored2: with a pitchfork, meaning I was qualified to perform from day one. These aren't entry level positions. Is this a district level trainer?
Yes District.

My niece just became a school teacher this past fall. She worked with another teacher for almost a full school year before she graduated and then she got hired and a tenured teacher worked with her for a while before they put her on her own. That is how you get started.

You try and teach every aspect of every job a station has and see how difficult it can be. It has to be overwhelming until you teach enough classes. She is bright but it takes time to know the answer to every question a courier, CSA, dispatcher and a manager could possibly ask. Plus teach DD and REDS.

floridays

Yes District.

My niece just became a school teacher this past fall. She worked with another teacher for almost a full school year before she graduated and then she got hired and a tenured teacher worked with her for a while before they put her on her own. That is how you get started.

You try and teach every aspect of every job a station has and see how difficult it can be. It has to be overwhelming until you teach enough classes. She is bright but it takes time to know the answer to every question a courier, CSA, dispatcher and a manager could possibly ask. Plus teach DD and REDS.
Great, I want a Director job tomorrow on the same program.

Oldfart

We had couriers that couldn't even pass the Job Knowledge test and it was open book. I miss that test. We got rid of some dead weight. Imagine trying to know everything without the use books.

fatboy33

Nice try bubba. The students have to take tests that the Sr. Trainer administers. She has me in the class to explain how things work from a courier prospective and not just a trainers prospective. I can't grade, I can't lead the class, I can only join in at her invitation. She is a new trainer and is still learning the material. I will be sure and check with you when she sends me to the break room during testing and when she wants no input from me so you can advise me how to code my timecard. Oh wait. On the days I am helping her I don't punch a clock. They just pay me 8 hrs each day no matter how long class runs. Don't be jealous, it gets boring sometimes sitting around doing nothing while getting paid for it. Stealing? The MD put me in the class and has given me nothing but positive feedback. Bummer
When the cats away, the mice will play eh Bubba? LOL