Feeder Driving Test

P

pickup

I have a pretty good idea what the job entails. Working like hell for 7 or 8 months and then being laid off for a few months. driving to different service centers to cover runs, working mostly nights, and waiting by the phone. But I feel the if I have to do this for a couple of years or so until I get a permanent run, it will be worth it.

That's an on call casual driver, are you in Pennsylvania?

"Phil"

Woah, Woah, WOAH!!! ,I gotta say something . You may not be aware of this but we had so many threads started in sept and oct of last year by new members talking about their full time permanent driving jobs that they just got. They were warned that things may not be what they seemed but they didn't listen claiming HR told them differently.

Many of those same members posted at the end of December that they were let go.

So please don't quit a good job if you are not 100 percent sure. Selling the cow for a handful of beans only worked for Jack and that was a fairytale and I have a feeling HR is telling you one too.
I understand what you are saying. Thanks, but if they are hiring, looking for qualified drivers, why would tell me things and then let me go at the end of the year? What's the point?

P

pickup

I understand what you are saying. Thanks, but if they are hiring, looking for qualified drivers, why would tell me things and then let me go at the end of the year? What's the point?

Because they want the milk without buying the cow. You work for them without getting benefits , sick days , vacation days, etc. and then when it is slow you are gone. If they told you the truth, you wouldn't do it and their need for a rental driver goes unfulfilled.

"Phil"

Because they want the milk without buying the cow. You work for them without getting benefits , sick days , vacation days, etc. and then when it is slow you are gone. If they told you the truth, you wouldn't do it and their need for a rental driver goes unfulfilled.
I will talk with the supervisor on my road test, hopefully he will be straight. Although, I feel the HR person is being honest.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Full time temp feeder job is more like it ,, you will cover vacations for the summer on mostly a full time basis , let go , after vaca season and if they like you ,, you're called back for the Christmas Rush (peak) ,,, I am a feeder driver, and know how it works !! Test ,, seat belt on when ever wheels are in motion, two hands on wheel at all times , double clutch, keep checking mirrors , follow up on turns , no shifting in a turn ,, hope this helps , oh ,, always go under & check pin Good luck

P

pickup

Full time temp feeder job is more like it ,, you will cover vacations for the summer on mostly a full time basis , let go , after vaca season and if they like you ,, you're called back for the Christmas Rush (peak) ,,, I am a feeder driver, and know how it works !! Test ,, seat belt on when ever wheels are in motion, two hands on wheel at all times , double clutch, keep checking mirrors , follow up on turns , no shifting in a turn ,, hope this helps , oh ,, always go under & check pin Good luck

And I'm a feeder driver too, just sayin'.

"Phil"

Thanks, that's the most quality information I have received. :thumbup1:

P

pickup

I will talk with the supervisor on my road test, hopefully he will be straight. Although, I feel the HR person is being honest.

Sup is an extension of his boss and HR is working to fulfill the need of the same boss.

"Phil"

I know you can't speak for me, but would you leave a civil service job for a job that you might get a set route in two or three years times?

"Phil"

what do you mean, follow up on turns?

P

pickup

I know you're up in the New England area, how many full time temp feeder drivers do you know of that became disillusioned and gave up after being strung along?

"Phil"

I know you're up in the New England area, how many full time temp feeder drivers do you know of that became disillusioned and gave up after being strung along?[/QUO
I have no idea, and I am from Wisconsin. That being said; Go Pack Go!

"Phil"

I know you're up in the New England area, how many full time temp feeder drivers do you know of that became disillusioned and gave up after being strung along?
I have no idea, I am from Wisconsin. That being said; Go Pack Go!!

"Phil"

also, was told that when I am not driving I was guaranteed work in the warehouse, but at package handler wages, but driver seniority still counted.