Forced to work Saturday Xmas eve?

Holydriver

Give me a break. My family knows I work a lot during peak season and they know I always work Christmas Eve Christmas Eve I'm usually off by 5:00. That's enough time to go to church and go home and eat tamales and enjoy a few adult beverages
i usually leave your home by 3pm on christmas eve. you wife deserves a little company during the holidays and i oblige her

Holydriver

in the good old days we were all off by 5. Now they have guys out till 10/11. Many families particularly of Spanish decent celebrate chrissmas on Christmas Eve, if ups made an effort to get us out at a reasonable hour I would agree with you.

Because an employee may have family in from out of town or country, only sees them a few times/once a year and doesn't want to literally miss their whole nights activities and instead calls in is none of your business.

Besides that this year it's sat. My bid route is a Mon-fri route. You guys act like Christmas comes out of no where and it's not ups fault for trying to cut routes and maximinize profited

Let's add this to the fact that going out of town for thanksgiving to visit family is basically off the table to Black Friday!!! I missed a family reunion in the poconos thanks to corporate greeed. I'm getting tired of giving and giving and getting nothing but threats and disrepect in return

Can you understand that to some quality time family is the most important to them?
LOL, damn brother. i used to say these same things. now I live an easy and comfortable life. not one single bit of stress at my new job since leaving UPS. matter of fact, monday of this week I called in unable to work because my daugther was sick. since Im a single parent, my employer was like "no worries, we got you covered" and the company owner filled my position. tuesday sent my daugther to school and worked a normal day. wednesday at noon her school calls me and says shes sick. I say no problemo, school. tell my boss and shes all like yep go get your kid. then, the folowing day i dont work becauase she's still sick. this, my man, happened this week. mid december. can you imagine what UPS would have said to me when I told them I needed to miss 2 and a half days of work at this time of year? think about that.

another bonus of my job is im delivering to the same areas as the guys of my old center still deliver. so i see several of my old UPS coworkers all the time. i absoutely love listening to them bitch about their lives. i mean i love it. its great to see how :censored2:ty my life was before i chose happiness over money.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If I'm interpreting it right the 8 hours still applies because their classification is full time driver?

He is reading the "call in" section.

If they call you in Saturday morning, you may only be guaranteed 4. If you are told to work Saturday, Article 53 Section 2, what Upstate referred to, does not apply.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
LOL, damn brother. i used to say these same things. now I live an easy and comfortable life. not one single bit of stress at my new job since leaving UPS. matter of fact, monday of this week I called in unable to work because my daugther was sick. since Im a single parent, my employer was like "no worries, we got you covered" and the company owner filled my position. tuesday sent my daugther to school and worked a normal day. wednesday at noon her school calls me and says shes sick. I say no problemo, school. tell my boss and shes all like yep go get your kid. then, the folowing day i dont work becauase she's still sick. this, my man, happened this week. mid december. can you imagine what UPS would have said to me when I told them I needed to miss 2 and a half days of work at this time of year? think about that.

another bonus of my job is im delivering to the same areas as the guys of my old center still deliver. so i see several of my old UPS coworkers all the time. i absoutely love listening to them bitch about their lives. i mean i love it. its great to see how :censored2:ty my life was before i chose happiness over money.
What do you deliver now Doritos?

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Went out with 145 stops and no helper. Around 9:30 or so they sent a message telling me to go pick up my helper, even though I didn't need him at all. Finished with all of my deliveries and a sweep of my pickups by 1400.
0cc74b0a568e388ab36e0245d89bb5b3.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He is reading the "call in" section.

If they call you in Saturday morning, you may only be guaranteed 4. If you are told to work Saturday, Article 53 Section 2, what Upstate referred to, does not apply.
Ok. I was trying to figure out how in the world that section even pertained. Makes sense now.