Forcing Thanksgiving Holiday Work Is The Beginning Of The End

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No the Santa Claus Maria.
2014-11-08-09-47-20--656946796.jpeg

sven

For locals 803 and 177, the day after Thanksgiving is still an optional work day covered by our suplemental. Full and part time union employees CANNOT be forced to work in these locals. Contact your local for confirmation if you are within those two. As for the rest of the country...sorry bout your bad luck =D

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
For locals 803 and 177, the day after Thanksgiving is still an optional work day covered by our suplemental. Full and part time union employees CANNOT be forced to work in these locals. Contact your local for confirmation if you are within those two. As for the rest of the country...sorry bout your bad luck =D
Lucky Glorious B_______! I'll work with a hangover oh well. Got Saturday and Sunday left.

iruhnman630

I can just see it now...

A 'regular' day becomes 20% of the routes being cut due to volume being lower than expected. Instead of everybody working as currently planned, and having a light day, those who do work end up with 11 hour days.

slantnosechevy

I can just see it now...

A 'regular' day becomes 20% of the routes being cut due to volume being lower than expected. Instead of everybody working as currently planned, and having a light day, those who do work end up with 11 hour days.

So they'll gross somewhere around $990.00. Tough to take for one day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

OK, so you have the day off-----do you think the volume that your locals would have handled that day is just going to disappear? You guys are going to get hammered on the following Monday.

I am on vacation but have already asked my major customers if they will be open or closed that day-----the only closure is Walmart (inside deliveries are still open). The local college had the option of being open or closed but since we are working they have decided to open just long enough to accept their packages. Whomever is covering my run will have a full day.

P

pickup

OK, so you have the day off-----do you think the volume that your locals would have handled that day is just going to disappear? You guys are going to get hammered on the following Monday.

I am on vacation but have already asked my major customers if they will be open or closed that day-----the only closure is Walmart (inside deliveries are still open). The local college had the option of being open or closed but since we are working they have decided to open just long enough to accept their packages. Whomever Whoever is covering my run will have a full day.

You're welcome.

22.34life

I said a few Twilight guys will be working. Maybe a few Feeder drivers. Really don't think there will be all that much pick up volume. Except for the UPS stores. Just have the drivers unload their own package cars.
Not everyone is going to be working that Friday. Just the bottom drivers and preloaders.
you are missinformed black friday will be a normal operated day,which means all sorts and people will be working.my hub has already said that even the midnight shift will be forced to come in thursday night at 11:30 pm as that is there day after thanksgiving holliday .all retail stores will be open that friday as are most big buisness.ups has planned this since last peek and will make sure that there is plenty of work to be done,add that to the fact that half the workforce wont come in and you have a 12 hour workday.happy hollidays.