Forcing Thanksgiving Holiday Work Is The Beginning Of The End

22.34life

my only real question on this is our pay rate on black friday,i know the contract says that its a holliday and if ground is handled on that day that you receive double your hourly rate but i just cant believe that ups is going to have every person working making that rate of pay.for example my sort runs 150 people,if all of them get double time then your looking at every person making at least $20/hour to handle ground?

22.34life

The Friday after Thanksgiving was never a legal Holiday. Christmas however is.
what does that matter,fast food chains are open on christmas day.legal holliday means diddle squat.people seem to think that they have way more rights than they really do.there is a giant separation between legal rights and private sector rights,because at the end of the day you are not forced to work anywhere.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
my only real question on this is our pay rate on black friday,i know the contract says that its a holliday and if ground is handled on that day that you receive double your hourly rate but i just cant believe that ups is going to have every person working making that rate of pay.for example my sort runs 150 people,if all of them get double time then your looking at every person making at least $20/hour to handle ground?
Election day in Local 804 is paid the same as black friday..double time plus holiday pay. Preload is about 175 people....300+ drivers in my building...plus 11 other buildings in my local. They paid it!

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect PTers with less than 1 year won't get the premium pay rate.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect PTers with less than 1 year won't get the premium pay rate.

Part timers in our supplement get the Holiday 4 hour pay and straight time for time worked. Much to my dismay this has been my situation for the last 17 years having to work Thanksgiving Friday under article 40.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
company using the excuse that we must stay competitive ( forget creating new jobs ) will be the beginning of the end for us losing all of our "stay at home" holidays.

day after Thanksgiving lost will mean that Christmas is next , then all the rest.

glad I'm retiring next year.

image.jpg

PT Car Washer

Part timers in our supplement get the Holiday 4 hour pay and straight time for time worked. Much to my dismay this has been my situation for the last 17 years having to work Thanksgiving Friday under article 40.
That is because in the past we were considered "Air Support". Did the same thing to the car wash. Now that you will be loading ground should be at premium wages.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I work in an area with mostly 22.3's We have all been with the company 15 to 20 years .It does frost my cookies a little bit to work next to guys making double when I came in to do the same work for straight time.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
That is because in the past we were considered "Air Support". Did the same thing to the car wash. Now that you will be loading ground should be at premium wages.
Nope our supplement clearly states straight time. I have been over and over this issue the last few weeks with the local and every "sea lawyer" with a contract book.