Free Money!!!

When, If or Do you take a lunch?

• I take it sometimes, cuz the other times I’m a runner.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I take it inside the building at the end cuz I’m a loser and a runner!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most of the fedex employee I ever knew on my old pkg car route would asskiss with the customers and drink coffee with them....they would do that for a few months then flip them into using fedex ground shipping... as I was sweating my ass off on all of their pkgs and saying hi, bye like @Gumby.... I saw that happen multiple times...

...and that was back when we required signatures at all commercial stops.....we now have Commercial Inside Release, which is basically driver release for businesses.....our contact with our commercials has gone from brief to none...

Most of the fedex employee I ever knew on my old pkg car route would asskiss with the customers and drink coffee with them....they would do that for a few months then flip them into using fedex ground shipping... as I was sweating my ass off on all of their pkgs and saying hi, bye like @Gumby.... I saw that happen multiple times...
FedEx is gaining big market share on us.

Coldworld

...and that was back when we required signatures at all commercial stops.....we now have Commercial Inside Release, which is basically driver release for businesses.....our contact with our commercials has gone from brief to none...
That doesn’t make that much of a difference... I always had dock routes and the customers ALWAYS wanted to count the boxes and make sure everything wasn’t ripped up and thrashed... if I walked into a bank I STILL have to patiently wait for someone to come help me as I waitbat the end of the teller tables... this commercial release isn’t the end all for waiting....you aren’t going to be able to do that many more stops because of it....

Why isn’t the company pushing these guys into taking lunches... they were harping on it here for years....
When I get compared with someone who doesn’t take a lunch ( just puts a lunch in the board) I ask to do a sparks comparison. They never do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That doesn’t make that much of a difference... I always had dock routes and the customers ALWAYS wanted to count the boxes and make sure everything wasn’t ripped up and thrashed... if I walked into a bank I STILL have to patiently wait for someone to come help me as I waitbat the end of the teller tables... this commercial release isn’t the end all for waiting....you aren’t going to be able to do that many more stops because of it....

Wanna bet?

Dollar General used to be one of my biggest pain in the ass stops. After I brought their packages to their preferred delivery point, I would then have to walk up and down the aisles to try and find a manager. Now, I bring the packages to their preferred delivery point, tell the nearest employee how many I brought in and wish them a nice day. Much, much quicker----plus I don't have to deal with that bitch of a manager.

CIR is much quicker than interacting with the customer.

Coldworld

So from 5 seconds to 2... not a game changer

Coldworld

We lost alot of business because we can't provide what the company promised
Yep... @Gumby, you know how many times we wanted to get the customer a trailer on their property but feeder didn’t want to do that, they had to “study” the cost benefit equation..... then fedex comes along and after a day and brings them a trailer.... omg!!! Talk about a total failure on mgts part.... or getting a pup to a customer was like an act of GOD...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yep... @Gumby, you know how many times we wanted to get the customer a trailer on their property but feeder didn’t want to do that, they had to “study” the cost benefit equation..... then fedex comes along and after a day and brings them a trailer.... omg!!! Talk about a total failure on mgts part.... or getting a pup to a customer was like an act of GOD...

We have lost more accounts over this.

It's because this place is run like individual companies, not one company. Everyone is worried about numbers and not profit.

Seriously it makes me sick.