Free Money!!!

When, If or Do you take a lunch?

• I take it sometimes, cuz the other times I’m a runner.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I take it inside the building at the end cuz I’m a loser and a runner!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Coldworld

It's because this place is run like individual companies, not one company. Everyone is worried about numbers and not profit.

Seriously it makes me sick.
The problem is the local mgt knows what is going on with basic day to day operations....and they aren’t able to make even the most basic decisions... all the company is worried about is disciplinary action again employees and worrying about bogus statistics... all the while fedex is taking our volume.... I’m a feeder thug and even I can see it!!

Coldworld

Wanna bet?

Dollar General used to be one of my biggest pain in the ass stops. After I brought their packages to their preferred delivery point, I would then have to walk up and down the aisles to try and find a manager. Now, I bring the packages to their preferred delivery point, tell the nearest employee how many I brought in and wish them a nice day. Much, much quicker----plus I don't have to deal with that bitch of a manager.

CIR is much quicker than interacting with the customer.
You highlighted one stop.... dollar general, Walgreens, a movie theater are all a certain kind of stop ... I never had your kind of problem with a regular business in an office building or manufacturing type of business.... you are talking about specific stops, usually retail and without dedicated shipping and receiving folks....

The problem is the local mgt knows what is going on with basic day to day operations....and they aren’t able to make even the most basic decisions... all the company is worried about is disciplinary action again employees and worrying about bogus statistics... all the while fedex is taking our volume.... I’m a feeder thug and even I can see it!!
It's bad.

Coldworld

I’ve never had one of those. Isnt that only for those who are 2+ hrs over on the WOR. when others are only an hour over.
I could go out with any driver who was 2 hours over and know within the first 45 minutes if the allowance was the driver just dragging their feet or it was a bogus allowance.... I would guess that most of the time it would be a bogus time study... we had a couple guys who would slow it down to stick it to the man, but not many... those allowances have been manipulated over the years well beyond what the technology would dictate.... runs loosing 3 hours .... adding 100 stops to runs ..... it is ludicrous what this company has done for profit... all along having accidents and injuries probably go up....

Ups would love to have 25 year mgt quit so they could move a 25 year old into that position at 1/2 the cost....most of these mgt people know it to be true but just keep their mouth shut
More importantly the new kid would believe their time studies.

I could go out with any driver who was 2 hours over and know within the first 45 minutes if the allowance was the driver just dragging their feet or it was a bogus allowance.... I would guess that most of the time it would be a bogus time study... we had a couple guys who would slow it down to stick it to the man, but not many... those allowances have been manipulated over the years well beyond what the technology would dictate.... runs loosing 3 hours .... adding 100 stops to runs ..... it is ludicrous what this company has done for profit... all along having accidents and injuries probably go up....
We all gained time and they threw out time studies out. LMAO

Coldworld

It's because this place is run like individual companies, not one company. Everyone is worried about numbers and not profit.

Seriously it makes me sick.
Why worry about it... there was a saying that said “it’s ups’ company, they can run it into the ground if they wish”..... we’ll, if it happen it happens...