Gas Prices

moreluck

golden ticket member
Overnight....overnight
Michigan gas prices......Lansing spiked $.16 overnight! Flint , overnight, spiked $.17 !! Yep, those gas prices are coming right down for us all.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Let's see; as gas prices rise so does everything associated with improving the economy fails which leads to less demand for fuel, thus when no one has any money to buy fuel because no one has a job, then the price will fall. What a great platform to attempt to win an election.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Let's see; as gas prices rise so does everything associated with improving the economy fails which leads to less demand for fuel, thus when no one has any money to buy fuel because no one has a job, then the price will fall. What a great platform to attempt to win an election.

WORKED FOR BUSH in 2004.

Peace

TOS

UPS Lifer

I think I figured out BOs strategy.... He lets the price rise to $6 bucks a gallon and then right before the election it starts to drop to $5.75 and he claims that he fixed the problems and gas is trending in the right direction just like jobs!!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I think I figured out BOs strategy.... He lets the price rise to $6 bucks a gallon and then right before the election it starts to drop to $5.75 and he claims that he fixed the problems and gas is trending in the right direction just like jobs!!!!
You may have hit on something there. It would not surprise me in the least. Instead of the public saying, "Look at what this fool did, making us suffer high gas prices for an election campaign.", most of the public will look at it as he is our savior for bringing the gas prices down. Some people are so gullible.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama goads congress to do away with subsidies to big oil because they make too much profit.

I'd go one step further and say stop all subsidies to companies that make huge profits.....like Planned Parenthood, PBS, etc. What's good for the goose is good for the gander and saves us money!!!

Do it to them all!!

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Obama goads congress to do away with subsidies to big oil because they make too much profit.

I'd go one step further and say stop all subsidies to companies that make huge profits.....like Planned Parenthood, PBS, etc. What's good for the goose is good for the gander and saves us money!!!

Do it to them all!!
I believe, if you were to check facts, you'd find that PBS and PPFA (Planed Parenthood) are both non-profits.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I believe, if you were to check facts, you'd find that PBS and PPFA (Planed Parenthood) are both non-profits.

"The abortion giant took home $85 million in “excess of revenue over expenses” (a nifty way of saying profits) and had an operating budget of over $1 billion for the 2007-2008 fiscal year, according to its latest annual report. Included in that budget was $350 million in “government grants and contracts” (an equally nifty way of saying your tax dollars). An increase in the number of abortions performed helped fuel the profits."

The American Spectator : The Profitable Nonprofit

Regardless, Obama shouldn't just pick companies he doesn't like or ones that don't support his agenda. What are some of the other things that get subsidies that make a great profit? Stop giving money to them all, not just one segment.

3 M is subsidized
Municipal utilities companies?
GE & Apple get manufacturing tax credits (Apple makes a little profit!!)

Even back in '97 , Rudy in New York was giving Reuters a $25 million tax break there.

"Able to make a huge profit "???? So why do we give them tax payer's money?

"The Public Broadcasting Service, also known as PBS is unlike a lot of American broadcasting television services. Despite being able to make a huge profit, they choose to be a non-profit organization, serving Americans day in, day out. In fact, this is not a singular operation as around 354 TV stations throughout the United States have a shared ownership of the service. This being said, the funds all come from one main source, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting."

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member

sky-rocket-gasoline-tpc-i3907.jpg

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
The oil industry is sitting on over 7000 unused drilling permits to drill on public land! You want them to have more? The only barrier to more drilling is the oil companies themselves.

BTW, Planned Parenthood had a 'profit' last year about the same as Willard Romney's income. Planned Parenthood, like all successful non-profits does not spend every penny they make in each year, but they are not allowed to distribute it to individuals or organizations.

What was the profit of the Catholic Church last year? Or the Church of Scientology? Did they get tax breaks? Right, they pay NO tax at all. That's a pretty big break, and the Catholic Church receives grants from the US government.

Consistency, right?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If it aint in the script off Megyns kellys telepromter, then she aint buying it Roadrunner!

You are right on the money. Drill drill drill only applies to the mis information pumped into their brains by the talking heads.

peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
The oil industry is sitting on over 7000 unused drilling permits to drill on public land! You want them to have more? The only barrier to more drilling is the oil companies themselves.

BTW, Planned Parenthood had a 'profit' last year about the same as Willard Romney's income. Planned Parenthood, like all successful non-profits does not spend every penny they make in each year, but they are not allowed to distribute it to individuals or organizations.

What was the profit of the Catholic Church last year? Or the Church of Scientology? Did they get tax breaks? Right, they pay NO tax at all. That's a pretty big break, and the Catholic Church receives grants from the US government.

Consistency, right?
My point is the representatives and even the president of P.P. says if we don't fund P.P., than you have women who don't get mammograms.

Mammograms are not done at P.P. sites, so they lie .

moreluck

golden ticket member

Consistency, right?
What the heck do churches have to do with funding Planned Parenthood. Apples vs. oranges?

moreluck

golden ticket member
If it aint in the script off Megyns kellys telepromter, then she aint buying it Roadrunner!

You are right on the money. Drill drill drill only applies to the mis information pumped into their brains by the talking heads.

peace

TOS
If you even mention that there might be drilling,the price of oil falls.

moreluck

golden ticket member

peace

TOS
Kelly is on 10-noon here and I was in Lowe's and Ralphs during that time span..............turns out you don't know so much.