Gas Prices

klein

Für Meno :)
It takes time to trickle down Moreluck, just like Romneys offshore accounts to trickle down back to Americans.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Did you pump any gas from a gas pump in this country in the past few days? NO, so stay out of it because you don't even buy gas in gallons.

klein

$1.18/9 per litre in Edmonton (the cheapest in all of Canada). Other cities and provinces pay up to $1.50 per litre.

klein

No liters on my pumps !!

Well, everywhere else in the world it is. But you don't travel, so who cares ?
But, I do bet you mini or maybe other cars have a "liter engine".
2.0, 2.5, 3 liter engines, as examples.

And your soft drinks are in liters, was actually suprised to see that (coke, pepsi, etc). But those fill and plastic molding machines need to be able to work world wide - that's the reason for it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You're right I don't give a flying friend* what everybody else does. I don't live everywhere else, I live HERE !!

I don't throw Diet Coke in my car........the gas is in gallons and that's all I need to know.

You can take your meters and liters and cheaters and beaters and tweeters and feeders, and heaters and peters and readers and seaters and wheaters and zeeters and put 'em where the sun don't shine.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Via Washington Whispers:
Marking the similarities between President Barack Obama’s time in office and former president Jimmy Carter’s is nothing new. But as of Monday, Obama has hit one more Carter benchmark – both saw gas prices double in their first term of office.

In fact, while just barely, Obama has seen an even higher gas price increase than Carter dealt with under his administration.

Under the Carter administration, gas prices increased by 103.77 percent. Gas prices since Obama took office have risen by 103.79 percent. No other presidents in recent years have struggled as much with soaring oil prices. Under the Reagan administration, gas prices actually dropped 66 percent.

When Bill Clinton was president, gas prices grew by roughly 30 percent, and under both Bush presidencies, gas prices rose by 20 percent.

moreluck

golden ticket member
[h=1]Gas prices under evil oil stooge George Bush vs. gas prices under the god-like Barack Obama[/h]by editor on March 17, 2011
Back in January 2009 we had finally tossed those evil oil stooges out of the White House and life was good again. Never again would we have to worry about prices being driven up by collusion between our nation’s leaders and the dastardly oil companies.
So just ignore the fact that oil prices went up only 7 percent during the first 26 months of the Bush presidency, but have gone up 67 percent during the first 26 months of the Obama presidency.
To paraphrase Bill Clinton, “I feel your pain at the pump.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Highest gasprice under Bush......

during July 2008 ($4.11 for Regular) based on the U.S. National Average.

Today (under Obama) $4.55 at the 76 Station at 260 S. El Camino Real in San Clemente.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Highest gasprice under Bush......

during July 2008 ($4.11 for Regular) based on the U.S. National Average.

Today (under Obama) $4.55 at the 76 Station at 260 S. El Camino Real in San Clemente.

Apples & oranges, as you like to say. The average gas price in California in June of 2008 was $4.61. You can fill up at the Arco at 2749 N El Camino Real & Camino Capistrano for $4.21.

Selective data just discredits those supplying said data.

klein

I don't know where she gets her info from, it's easy enough to google :

Va. gas prices nearing record high

Posted on: 11:57 am, April 3, 2012, by Nick Dutton, updated on: 12:06pm, April 3, 2012

Gas Prices as of April 3, 2012, for a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline:
Price Today
Price Last Month
Price Last Year

Record High Price
National

$3.92​

$3.76​

$3.66​

$4.11 (7/17/08)​
Virginia

$3.91​

$3.65​

$3.58​

$4.01 (7/17/08)​
Charlottesville

$3.81​

$3.59​

$3.56​

$4.05 (7/5/08)​
Norfolk

$3.90​

$3.59​

$3.54​

$3.99 (7/16/08)​
Richmond

$3.92​

$3.58​

$3.54​

$4.01 (7/16/08)​
Roanoke

$3.86​

$3.67​

$3.52​

$4.14 (9/15/08)​

Va. gas prices nearing record high | WTVR.com – Richmond News & Weather from WTVR Television CBS 6

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So, now does she have a license to bitch , Klein?

You are the kind of fanbase "she" needs to fullfill the fantasy. Her numbers are skewed and incorrect (of course). What she represents is the "NATIONAL AVERAGE" price of 4.11 for regular, which in california, translates into ....DRUMROLL PLEASE......

$5.29 at the pump for regular and $5.49 for premium when you add in all the taxes.

What she compares is the "NATIONAL AVERAGE" to todays "RETAIL" prices. An unfair comparision, but it works if you try to decieve.

Todays NATIONAL AVERAGE is 3.88 far under BUSH's 4.11

The two are not comparable. OIL at the barrel was 150.00 for BUSH, and under OBAMA, OIL has never gone over 115.00 a barrel. So far, prices at the pump are retreating and EVEN in morelucks own backyard, prices are down another 2 cents today.

Prices are falling. If you believe otherwise, then you are fooling yourself.

Peace

TOS

4/9/12

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
tumblr_lznor8Y2Al1qf10tro1_400.jpg

I find it hilarious that anyone would try to pin high prices on OBAMA and forget the plain truth about increases at the pump NATIONALLY.

Get a clue people.

Peace

TOS

4/9/12

moreluck

golden ticket member
tumblr_lznor8Y2Al1qf10tro1_400.jpg

I find it hilarious that anyone would try to pin high prices on OBAMA and forget the plain truth about increases at the pump NATIONALLY.

Get a clue people.

Peace

TOS

4/9/12

Get a real clue....Bush has't been president for 3 1/2 years AND he didn't shoot Trayvon Martin either!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Apples & oranges, as you like to say. The average gas price in California in June of 2008 was $4.61. You can fill up at the Arco at 2749 N El Camino Real & Camino Capistrano for $4.21.

Selective data just discredits those supplying said data.
Hello, you proved my point. It's still higher than Bush's $4.11 !!!
Klein was wrong, but he'll just change the subject as usual.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hello, you proved my point. It's still higher than Bush's $4.11 !!!

Again, mis stating the facts. The 4.61 he talks about INCLUDES taxes and YOUR example DOES NOT.

Thats a huge difference. YOURS is only the NATIONAL AVERAGE EXCLUDING TAXES. You have to add another 1.18 in california for taxes and surcharges. Today, the national average is 3.88....again, far less than BUSH's 4.11.

Comprende?

Peace

TOS

klein

I am not wrong, show me a website or a link that has higher national gas prices then 2008 under Bush ! It doesn't exist ! That's the record high, and still not broken !