Gas Prices

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am not wrong, show me a website or a link that has higher national gas prices then 2008 under Bush ! It doesn't exist ! That's the record high, and still not broken !

The record of $4.11 is broken everyday in stations in my area and where my daughter lives in Hawaii.

The TRUTH is that's what we have to pay for gas and the only alternative is don't drive. It doesn't mean diddly to me what gas costs in Boston because I live in CA. I know what gas costs me and it' higher than it ever was under Bush.

If you lived on Catalina Island, CA. You'd pay $7.00 a gallon !! Are you telling me that's not higher than under Bush??

I know what I have to pay for a GALLON of gas. You can't come here and pay less............it is what it is and it's higher than when Bush was in office.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Do you know what ALL TIME HIGH means ???????

"In Hawaii, the state which almost always has the country’s most expensive gas, meanwhile, at least one city hit an all-time high last week. The Star Advertiser reports that Hilo, on the Big Island, was averaging an all-time high of $4.669 per gallon, surpassing the then-record prices of 2011."

moreluck

golden ticket member
You better pay attention to your own corner of the world......

CBC News ....
Canadians have been hit by spiking gasoline prices ahead of Easter weekend, but some analysts say the worst is yet to come for motorists gearing up for the summer driving season.

moreluck

golden ticket member
'To the dismay of drivers across the country, 2011 went down in the record books as having the most expensive gasoline average ever, $3.513 for the year, 72 cents per gallon higher than 2010′s yearly average, according to GasBuddy."

moreluck

golden ticket member
2011 went down in the record books as having the most expensive gasoline average ever,
Who was pres. in 2011????????????????????
It was Special K who mentioned Bush and 2008...

Originally Posted by klein I am not wrong, show me a website or a link that has higher national gas prices then 2008 under Bush ! It doesn't exist ! That's the record high, and still not broken

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
2011 went down in the record books as having the most expensive gasoline average ever,
Who was pres. in 2011????????????????????

Figures lie, liars figure.

Don't give up your housewife job to be a professional energy analyst. You may end up depending on liberal government handouts.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I was paying $1.80ish a gallon when Obama took office. Now I should be thankful to be paying $3.85?

You were paying $1.60 a gallon when BUSH took office, and for 7 years paid the highest price for gas in history and YOU NEVER uttered a whimper. Gas was only low for a short period of time in 2009 for the elections and once over, zoomed back up to 70 bucks a barrel where OPEC, the speculators and the oil companies wanted it.

Everything else after that was pure GOUGING by the industry for profits.

But NOW you want to cry about it?

Please.

TOS

brett636

You were paying $1.60 a gallon when BUSH took office, and for 7 years paid the highest price for gas in history and YOU NEVER uttered a whimper. Gas was only low for a short period of time in 2009 for the elections and once over, zoomed back up to 70 bucks a barrel where OPEC, the speculators and the oil companies wanted it.

Everything else after that was pure GOUGING by the industry for profits.

But NOW you want to cry about it?

Please.

TOS

I am not really crying because I can afford it. I'm just pointing out that people are paying more for gas now than ever, and under an Obama administration better get used to it including paying more. I find it amusing how you stand up for Obama on this topic yet ignore the fact that there are a lot of people who are cutting back extensively on their lifestyles in order to make room for these high gas prices and you still try to claim that Obama and the democrats are the savior of the working poor. His energy policies are crushing the people he claims to be the great savior of, and we have yet to see the worst of it.

klein

Für Meno :)
You better pay attention to your own corner of the world......

CBC News ....
Canadians have been hit by spiking gasoline prices ahead of Easter weekend, but some analysts say the worst is yet to come for motorists gearing up for the summer driving season.

Difference is, we don't blame our politicians for higher gas prices (we are better educated then that and know it's world market prices driving it up). And Albertans really don't care that much. We would be more worried if the price of oil plummented.
It's our largest revenue source and keeps our economy strong. Pays our bills, and keeps Alberta the richest juridiction in North America.

If you can't afford gas, get yourself a bicycle to do your morning coffee run. I orderd myself a nice bike to keep me physically fit and to do my neighborhood runs, like heading to the 7/11 or even the mall. And to save on gas, too.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I want to know why I have to pay $4 a gallon for 90% gas. I want that ethanol crap out of my gas. I wouldn't have to fill up as often as I got 8 miles per gallon more with out it, hence lowering my overall gas costs. That, I can blame on politicians. Just sayin'

moreluck

golden ticket member
I want to know why I have to pay $4 a gallon for 90% gas. I want that ethanol crap out of my gas. I wouldn't have to fill up as often as I got 8 miles per gallon more with out it, hence lowering my overall gas costs. That, I can blame on politicians. Just sayin'

You should talk to TOS..gas prices are getting lower by the day in Tos-world!

wkmac

Ethanol creates 30% less energy per gallon as does gas so the more ethanol you use, the more the miles per gallon will suffer.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You should talk to TOS..gas prices are getting lower by the day in Tos-world!
Talk about a Bubble of Goodness!!! Jeesh. I would love to know where in Cali gas is cheaper than here. And, prices are still rising here.... I don't care what Fox tells TOS. :winks:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Ethanol creates 30% less energy per gallon as does gas so the more ethanol you use, the more the miles per gallon will suffer.
Someone here said I can't blame the politicians for that. Not trying to be a fat jerk or anything, but who can I blame for ethanol being legally mandated to be in my gas? I think that would be (drum roll).....................

Politicians. (Notice I am not picking on one side or the other; I am picking on both.)