Gas Prices

Babagounj

Strength through joy
menotyou, the story is about Sunoco and their shutting down of refineries along the east coast , which for decades has only been processing foreign oil which are of a lighter grade and the lack of a connecting pipeline to Texas.
They have been attempting to find buyers for their refineries.
And now are thinking of turning their lots into huge storage tanks holding areas for European processed gasoline, from where all future supplies will be coming.
It also involves the Jones Act of 1920, US ships with US crews, which raises the transportation costs of shipping gasoline along the US coast . Basically the cost of a barge of Texas fuel is equal to sending a fully load tanker ship from Europe .

menotyou

bella amicizia
menotyou, the story is about Sunoco and their shutting down of refineries along the east coast , which for decades has only been processing foreign oil which are of a lighter grade and the lack of a connecting pipeline to Texas.
They have been attempting to find buyers for their refineries.
And now are thinking of turning their lots into huge storage tanks holding areas for European processed gasoline, from where all future supplies will be coming.
It also involves the Jones Act of 1920, US ships with US crews, which raises the transportation costs of shipping gasoline along the US coast . Basically the cost of a barge of Texas fuel is equal to sending a fully load tanker ship from Europe .
That's sad. I am friends with the great-grandson of the guy who started Sunoco. Too bad the family isn't involved more..

moreluck

golden ticket member
"For the year, gasoline is projected to average $3.87 a gallon, implying an average annual household expenditure of $3,410, up $250 from 2011, the Energy Department said."

And, this being an Obama administration dept., it'll probably go up double what they say!!

P

pickup

Everything else you hear has been nothing more than a distraction from the truth and if you ask yourself WHY you havent heard about this spill or the lasting damage to the coastline of Brazil, or the indictments of 17 top chevron executives or the total amount of fines and lawsuits now reaching 58 billion dollars, then you will know that you have been decieved.

I guarantee that none of you knew about this huge spill or the fines or indictments. Some guarantee. Do you assume that no one reads the newspapers?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/19/b...-and-transocean-from-leaving-after-spill.html

Its all figured in the price of a barrel of oil. That translates into higher prices at the pump to you and I. (Correct phrasing should be "you and me".)

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
So,I go to my gas station, stand at the pump and repeat 10 times...."Quit distracting me !" It doesn't work and the prices stayed high!

wkmac

"For the year, gasoline is projected to average $3.87 a gallon, implying an average annual household expenditure of $3,410, up $250 from 2011, the Energy Department said."

And, this being an Obama administration dept., it'll probably go up double what they say!!

That's an increase of around 7% and inline with real inflation if you calculate inflation the way we use too. Now it's true you can blame Obama (Congress not blameless either) to some extent but I'd blame the monetary policy of the Federal Reserve which in truth Obama and Congress really have little control over. Ron Paul, Alan Grayson, et al proved that even the Congress has no real power to audit the Federal Reserve (or don't have the stones) so there you go. The only function the Congress and President serve to the Fed is to codify the risk burden of monetary actions onto the backs of present and future tax payers.

Why does a faction of voters decry at all corners the acts or attempts at privatization of gov't functions and yet in the case of the Federal Reserve they never utter a peep and even scream murder when any attempts are made to force transparency on this privatized monopoly organization? And they scream about monopoly but where are they when it comes to the monopolistic, cartelized energy industry who literally owns the regulatory arm of the gov't thanks to regulatory capture?

Instead of doing any real thinking, I guess it's easy to resort to the mindless training of school daze where you pick up the pom-poms, wave your school's colors and sing the fight song while the other side does the exact same thing all the while being to damn stupid to realize we're all getting screwed!

EVERY GAS STATION IN SAN CLEMENTE IS DOWN 2 CENTS FROM YESTERDAY, youre only distracting yourself.

Peace

TOS
Gas is a couple of cents lower than yesterday here too. By friday around 4 PM it will be 2-3 cents higher than it is today. Don't pull all your oil investments just yet Martha.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You are Canada. You are use to it. We are the mighty US of A. We should have a tarmac and a big-ass gas pump on Iraq that says free gas for the US and we(iraq) owe you 1 trillion for the war.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Surprise Surprise!! GAS in San Clemente and all of southern california dropped another 2 cents today (wednesday) !!

Thats 10 cents in two weeks!

San Clemente Gas Prices - Find the Lowest Gas Prices in San Clemente, California

GAS never drops in the middle of the week! This was a surprise, but wait, theres more!!! GAS TO DROP AGAIN ON FRIDAY!!

Gas at the pump is retreating like I said back in January. Sorry GOP faithful, doesnt look like youre going to get your 5 bucks a gallon!

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
These are from the 11th (yesterday) I really don't see the falling of prices.

606 Camino De Los Mares
San Clemente, CA, 92673 $4.359 $4.459 $4.559 $4.499 Chevron 515 E Avenida Pico
San Clemente, CA, 92672 $4.319 $4.399 $4.479 N/A G & M Food Mart 1729 S El Camino Real
San Clemente, CA, 92672 $4.339 $4.419 $4.499 $4.499 76 1201 S El Camino Real
San Clemente, CA, 92672 $4.339 N/A N/A $4.499 76 2360 S El Camino Real
San Clemente, CA, 92672 $4.559 N/A N/A $4.559 Shell 2400 S El Camino Real
San Clemente, CA, 92672 $4.559 $4.669 $4.759 N/A Shell 530 E Avenida Pico
San Clemente, CA, 92672 $4.299 $4.399 $4.499
pump_diesel.gif

$4.459
Lowest Price

Mobil 901 Avenida Pico
San Clemente, CA, 92673 $4.299 $4.399 N/A $4.499 Mobil 600 E Avenida Pico
San Clemente, CA, 92673 $4.299