Gas Prices

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im still driving my 98, with 290k. I cant buy a new one or a new used one for 3 more years, and maybe not then. My New truck has 130k, sooooo..............and im not buying some pinto bean can car ...............I need something protective. When I am driving I am on a highway, no smart car for me. A deer would kill me in one of those.

brown bomber

brown bomber
2001 Chevy Tahoe......86,000 miles..decent body...everything still works on it.........I'd sell it for the right price...........but I'll probably keep it

brown bomber

brown bomber
paid $3.59 a gallon this evening.........could have knocked another .50/ gallon using the fuelperks at the gas station but chose not to....my guess is that fuel will be dropping a bit more

menotyou

bella amicizia
Only had one new vehicle in my life and that was after I was 50.
Drove one truck that I bought used ( it was 10 years old ) for 21 years.
That's like no car payment for 21 years.............
You live in the land of no rust. Must be nice. I would almost assume the term 'lake-effect' in your parts would be a suntan, or a good beer buzz. :rofl:

RedThunder

The real reasons gas prices are high.

The US #1 export is fuel. It will also be the first year in more than 60 that America has been a net exporter of these fuels. The U.S. is using less fuel because of a weak economy and more efficient cars and trucks. That allows refiners to sell more fuel to rapidly growing economies. Experts say the trend helps explain why U.S. motorists are paying more for gasoline. The more fuel that's sent overseas, the less of a supply cushion there is at home.

The hypocrisy of the Conservatives never fails to amaze me and the hypocrisy of blaming President Obama for rising gas prices is no exception!
Gas price under bush went to $4.21 a gallon and was over $3.00 a gallon most of his last term in office.
The only reason gas was at $1.85 when President Obama took office is because of the economic crash which greatly reduced demand and the crash effected all countries not just the US.

Gas prices rise with demand and as the economy has improved it is completely normal for gas prices to increase as more businesses use fuel for deliveries, more trucks on the road, more people traveling, and more people driving to work. So our rising gas price is actually an indicator that the economy is recovering.

Speculation. The CFTC is not enforcing rules established under the 2010 financial reform law that require limits on speculative trading in energy futures markets. In the past you had to be able to take physical delivery of the commodities to hold these positions. Speculators are needed to ensure liquidity in the markets. Now the speculators make up 80% of the market.

Faux, I'm mean fox news likes to blame Obama, but here is a video of them defending Bush, saying a president has no control over oil prices.

FLASHBACK: Fox News On Gas Prices In 2008 - YouTube

Gas, other fuels are top U.S. export – USATODAY.com

“The figure reflects a huge surge in U.S. oil drilling, up nearly 60% in the past year and the highest total since at least 1987, when oil services company Baker Hughes Inc. began keeping track,” notes the WSJ.​
Poor Barack Obama, he opens up the country to a drilling spree — and naturally progressives are pissed because, well, we care about things like clean air, clean water, and a livable climate.
But conservatives are strangely ungrateful, too! They blame Obama’s supposed anti-drilling policies. So Mitt Romney said earlier this year, “People are hurting, gasoline’s expensive and the policies of this administration that have focused solely on green technologies are not keeping the cost of gasoline down.”
Darn you Barack Obama for only quadrupling the number of oil drilling rigs in the US!

The fact is oil prices soared despite both record drilling and the highest domestic oil production levels in almost a decade. It should be obvious that yet more drilling can’t have any significant impact on oil prices — particularly since the U.S. Energy Information Administration has been making that precise point for years now (see EIA: Full offshore drilling will not lower gasoline prices at all in 2020 and only 3 cents in 2030!).

So now Moreluck. Lets be honest. Why do blame Obama for every thing that went wrong in this country? Why is the right wing the best thing since sliced bread?

I'm no fan of Obama. He's done plenty to be upset about. But this constant ranting against the left (which Obama really isn't, I wish he was) is ridiculous.

Do you really hate him that much because he's Black.

RedThunder

Had some graphs in there also but the didn't show up. Bottom line. Speculation is driving the market. Supplies are at an all time high. Domestic demand is low. Export of fuel is higher than ever. 1949 was the last year our exports exceded imports. Drilling is up 60% under Obama. Get off it already.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Excellent question.

Moreluck?
I hate him cause he's Clueless !!!
You all think it's racist.............you all are racist for pushing that.

Obama wants it to be about race. He likes the divide. The bigger the better. I'll just cast my vote against the one that doesn't get the job done and is stymied (that's not racist, look it up) by how to get the job done.!! He's ready to run scared and he's got nothing but a bunch of lawyers to advise him........he chose them all!!