Gas Prices

moreluck

golden ticket member
You have to understand that when I did belong to Costco, I never left the store without a 4 lb. bag of M&M's with peanuts and a 12" across lattice topped pie !!!.
As a diabetic, I can't go there anymore !!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Gas per gallon in highland park is at 3.95 cents a gallon today!

The first sub 4 dollar town in southern california. Seems like we are catching up to the nation finally.

Oil per barrel down again to 81 bucks a barrel. Here comes 70 dollar oil like the saudis said back in January.

Peace

TOS

UPS Lifer

I guess I am just getting too old for this saving 5¢ a gallon thing. I remember gas as low as 15¢ a gallon during gas wars. I am only 60! With all due respect, saving a few cents on a gallon of gas seems trivial to me.

I really believe that most Americans who live from paycheck to paycheck and don't have a lot left over only care how much it costs to fill up the tank with gas. IT COSTS ME $50 to fill up a 13 gallons. I feel really bad for people who have no choice but to CUT BACK ON ESSENTIALS LIKE FOOD because they are forced to pump gas to get to work.

This is the issue come November... Why am I worse off than just a few years ago? Why can't I go to the movies a couple of times a month like I use too? Why can't I go out for a nice dinner with my wife like I used too? Why can't I take a nice drive to escape and get away in my vette like I used too? Why can't I go on a nice vacation like I used too?

Every time a middle class American fills up their tank, these are the things they are thinking about as the meter ticks away....

UPS Lifer

Again... just a simple person. Don't really care about gas prices adjusted for inflation. Tell me why I can't go out for dinner with my wife because I can't afford the gas I put in the car? Tell me why I am working again when I retired 5 years ago? Do you really think there is some sort of consolation in knowing gas was higher in 2008 when you adjusted the price for inflation?????

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Again... just a simple person. Don't really care about gas prices adjusted for inflation. Tell me why I can't go out for dinner with my wife because I can't afford the gas I put in the car? Tell me why I am working again when I retired 5 years ago? Do you really think there is some sort of consolation in knowing gas was higher in 2008 when you adjusted the price for inflation?????

You can thank Ronald Reagan for de-regulating the oil industry and removing the "CAPS" on oil that kept oil at 5 bucks a barrel. The same story was told then that is being told now, "competition will bring prices down"...

How'd that work out for you since 1981?

The GOP has sung the same tune since Reagan, and it doesnt work. Didnt work for Reagan, HW BUSH or GW BUSH, YET they have ROMNEY singing the same tune today.

Just think what you will pay for gas if Romney gets elected.

Peace

TOS

wkmac

Ignore the price and ask yourself how much time you have to labor in order to pay for a gallon of gas? How much time did it take 30 years ago? How much time does it take a new worker in the labor market today? What will it be like for him/her in 30 years?

There's your real expression in actual effects of inflation. Money or currency that is state privileged by means of a monopoly is a means to commoditize labor as much as it is a means of exchange for labor to acqurie goods and services in a given market. Remove state monopoly privilege of money and a whole lot will change and for the good including not only the reduction in actual costs of gas but it opens the door with a flat floor for other technologies to emerge that competes with oil.

And what does real competition do to the overall costs in the economy?

klein

Für Meno :)
Sign at a gas station:

Please do not smoke near our gas pumps. Your life may not be worth much but our gas is.

41BoPh48loL.jpg

sarah-palin-drill-baby-drill.jpg

UPS Lifer

Ignore the price and ask yourself how much time you have to labor in order to pay for a gallon of gas? How much time did it take 30 years ago? How much time does it take a new worker in the labor market today? What will it be like for him/her in 30 years?

There's your real expression in actual effects of inflation. Money or currency that is state privileged by means of a monopoly is a means to commoditize labor as much as it is a means of exchange for labor to acqurie goods and services in a given market. Remove state monopoly privilege of money and a whole lot will change and for the good including not only the reduction in actual costs of gas but it opens the door with a flat floor for other technologies to emerge that competes with oil.

And what does real competition do to the overall costs in the economy?

Probably one of the better examples of how to understand inflation!

BUT I go back to the common person saying 4 years ago I was going out 3 times a week to have a nice dinner... now I am going out once every 3 weeks! When I fill up the tank I think of that. The more often someone has to fill the tank the more they think of what they aren't ABLE to spend their hard earned $$ on.

Just_another_day_at_work

Probably one of the better examples of how to understand inflation!

BUT I go back to the common person saying 4 years ago I was going out 3 times a week to have a nice dinner... now I am going out once every 3 weeks! When I fill up the tank I think of that. The more often someone has to fill the tank the more they think of what they aren't ABLE to spend their hard earned $$ on.
That's on helicopter Ben Bernanke and the FED, nothing to do with the president...