Gas Prices

UPS Lifer

That's on helicopter Ben Bernanke and the FED, nothing to do with the president...

The average voter probably does not know who Ben Bernanke is and unless they studied macro economics probably does not understand what the Fed does.

Whether it is right or not... average folks will vote their dissatisfaction over their economic condition in the voting booth. I also think we are kidding oursevles if we think that the White House does not exert an influence on the Reserve.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I have just traveled about 2700 miles on vacation. The highest.....$5 a gallon near the entrance to Yosemite. Only got 10 gallons there. The least expensive was in Las Vegas NV at $3.50. Needless to say.....I spent WAY too much on fuel driving a Suburban.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have just traveled about 2700 miles on vacation. The highest.....$5 a gallon near the entrance to Yosemite. Only got 10 gallons there. The least expensive was in Las Vegas NV at $3.50. Needless to say.....I spent WAY too much on fuel driving a Suburban.
Yeah, but you travelled in comfort with great cupholders and great storage capacity for souveniers!!

UPS Lifer

Vegas suffers dramatically by high gas prices in California. They need California tourism so they compensate for that by offering a cheaper gas price to help defer the cost and make the trip easier to digest.

klein

Für Meno :)
OH well , if you're still alive in 2025, you may want to thank Obama for only using half the fuel you use now (making your $4/gallon seem like $2/gallon, again) !

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The global push to improve fuel efficiency in vehicle fleets will more than double the demand for aluminum in the auto market by 2025, Alcoa's director of automotive marketing said Wednesday.
Car makers from BMW to Audi have already started to react to the so-called Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards and are beginning to move away from heavier steel body frames to lighter-weight material in what should be the "next frontier" for the aluminum industry.

In the U.S., President Obama increased the CAFE standard from a target of 35.5 miles per gallon in 2016 to 54.5 miles per gallon by 2025, which was initially met with a lot of criticism from many automakers worried about rising costs and sticker-shocked customers.
But that resistance now appears to be fading.

In order to support this automotive demand growth, Alcoa has invested $300 million in expansion projects at its Davenport, Iowa rolled products plant.

(look at that - even more jobs created) !!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
OH well , if you're still alive in 2025, you may want to thank Obama for only using half the fuel you use now (making your $4/gallon seem like $2/gallon, again) !

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The global push to improve fuel efficiency in vehicle fleets will more than double the demand for aluminum in the auto market by 2025, Alcoa's director of automotive marketing said Wednesday.
Car makers from BMW to Audi have already started to react to the so-called Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards and are beginning to move away from heavier steel body frames to lighter-weight material in what should be the "next frontier" for the aluminum industry.

In the U.S., President Obama increased the CAFE standard from a target of 35.5 miles per gallon in 2016 to 54.5 miles per gallon by 2025, which was initially met with a lot of criticism from many automakers worried about rising costs and sticker-shocked customers.
But that resistance now appears to be fading.

In order to support this automotive demand growth, Alcoa has invested $300 million in expansion projects at its Davenport, Iowa rolled products plant.

(look at that - even more jobs created) !!!!

Dont confuse them with math Klein, they struggle with reality already.

peace

TOS