Gas Prices

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I would rather see the government create a "prize" for business to come up with low cost alternatives to our current energy alternatives. Let the private sector figure out alternatives to minimize our dependency on oil.

Great idea!!! But it cant be like the Nobel peace prize...like Barry got for..........peace. :funny:

wkmac

Why not get gov't completely out of it and let a competitive market do it's job? Algae bio-fuel might be one solution, hemp oil another and maybe in another locale, petro based products is the answer. Mandated conformity to "one size fits all" societal model is at the root of many problems well beyond energy needs.

Even automobile technology is all but stagnant as the very basis of propulsion has not changed in over 100 years. Open markets lead to diversity and towards innovation and away from monopoly and technological stagnation.

Buddybrown

Great idea!!! But it cant be like the Nobel peace prize...like Barry got for..........peace.
---Since you brought it up--- "And Obama's decision resulted in a huge increase in fatalities. Of the 2,141 U.S. service members killed in Afghanistan over the past 11 years, 1,511 -- or 70 percent -- died during the Obama presidency."--- Real Peace through many deaths---- Presidential Debate: With Little Mention Of Afghanistan Or Drones, Obama Avoids Hard Questions ----

moreluck

golden ticket member
---Since you brought it up--- "And Obama's decision resulted in a huge increase in fatalities. Of the 2,141 U.S. service members killed in Afghanistan over the past 11 years, 1,511 -- or 70 percent -- died during the Obama presidency."--- Real Peace through many deaths---- Presidential Debate: With Little Mention Of Afghanistan Or Drones, Obama Avoids Hard Questions ----

He also shirks his responsibilities and delegates his stuff to the underlings so he can be on the links or vacation with his wife.....the true boss!!

Lue C Fur

Evil member

Remember when people and the Lamestream media protested Bush and his drone strikes...where are they now?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Remember when people and the Lamestream media protested Bush and his drone strikes...where are they now?

Nobody was protesting drone strikes, what people were protesting was the killing of thousands of innocent civilians by bad intelligence and BUSH using drones to kill them.

Nobody had a problem using drones to kill really bad people, BUSH just couldnt find any.

And by the way, the drone program was created, started and funded by BILL CLINTON, not BUSH.

peace

TOS

wkmac

America's oil boom is surging so fast the US could soon overtake Saudi Arabia as the world's largest producer. Driven by high prices and new drilling methods, US production of crude and other liquid hydrocarbons is on track to rise 7 percent this year. This will be the fourth straight year of crude increases and the biggest single-year gain since 1951. The Energy Department forecasts production of crude and other liquid hydrocarbons, which includes biofuels, will average 11.4 million barrels per day next year. That would be just shy of the amount Saudi Arabia produces. "We've been a long time net importer of crude oil by a large amount," says Ben Brockwell of the Oil Price Information Service. "There are expert analysts who predict that within the next five years, the U-S could be an exporter of crude oil."

US Oil Boom: Soon to Be Top Producer?

And gas prices even in California are dropping too.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Prices in california have been dropping at a rate of 2 cents a day since the announcement that the feds were going to investigate their practices.. down over 16 cents since the peak.

Its funny how it works though, when the prices go up, they take the 6 cents on a monday then 4 cents on thursday (10 cents) but on the way down, they inch it backwards by 2 cents mon / fri (10 cents).

The ripoff continues that way.

Something needs to be done here in california in the form of regulation to prevent this from happening in the future.

Peace

TOS

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Nobody was protesting drone strikes, what people were protesting was the killing of thousands of innocent civilians by bad intelligence and BUSH using drones to kill them.

Nobody had a problem using drones to kill really bad people, BUSH just couldnt find any.

And by the way, the drone program was created, started and funded by BILL CLINTON, not BUSH.

peace

TOS

Wow...even your Liberal Lamestream media says your Messiah has killed more civillians than Bush did with Drone strikes...how did you miss that? Keep blowin your smoke and drinking the kool-aid.

wkmac

Wow...even your Liberal Lamestream media says your Messiah has killed more civillians than Bush did with Drone strikes...how did you miss that? Keep blowin your smoke and drinking the kool-aid.

TOS,

Lue is correct on this one as the civilian deaths from drone strikes went up under Obama. I'm not convinced the same would not have occurred had McCain been elected, maybe even worse but the bottom line is Obama has continued Bush policy on war and yet the day after the election in 2008', those "PRINCIPLED" antiwar protestors all but vanished like a fart in the wind. Gives standing that much of the protest against war was a democratic party operation called "Operation White House 2008'!" And you guys have the nerve to condemn the Kochtopus Tea Party and the GOP hijack.

Buddybrown

TOS, Lue is correct on this one as the civilian deaths from drone strikes went up under Obama. I'm not convinced the same would not have occurred had McCain been elected, maybe even worse but the bottom line is Obama has continued Bush policy on war and yet the day after the election in 2008', those "PRINCIPLED" antiwar protestors all but vanished like a fart in the wind. Gives standing that much of the protest against war was a democratic party operation called "Operation White House 2008'!" And you guys have the nerve to condemn the Kochtopus Tea Party and the GOP hijack.
------ Gee, you'd a thunk with all the drones that Obama has been using he would NOT have even MORE causalities than Bush---2,141 U.S. service members killed in Afghanistan over the past 11 years, 1,511 -- or 70 percent -- died during the Obama presidency. ----The democrats only protest war when it suits them---70% more DEAD in half the time---WOW!!! -------So, let me see if I have this right---OBAMA HAS KILLED MORE AMERICANS IN A SHORTER PERIOD OF TIME, HE HAS KILLED MORE INNOCENT CIVILIANS AND HE HAS INCREASE THE DEBT FASTER THAN ANY OTHER PRESIDENT--EVER-- CALL ME CRAZY BUT THESE ARE GREAT REASONS TO SAY GOOD BYE IN NOVEMBER----

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

cite an article for us to read that demonstrates this. Then Ill follow up with FACTS.

Thanks in advance.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
------ Gee, you'd a thunk with all the drones that Obama has been using he would NOT have even MORE causalities than Bush---2,141 U.S. service members killed in Afghanistan over the past 11 years, 1,511 -- or 70 percent -- died during the Obama presidency. ----The democrats only protest war when it suits them---70% more DEAD in half the time---WOW!!! -------So, let me see if I have this right---OBAMA HAS KILLED MORE AMERICANS IN A SHORTER PERIOD OF TIME, HE HAS KILLED MORE INNOCENT CIVILIANS AND HE HAS INCREASE THE DEBT FASTER THAN ANY OTHER PRESIDENT--EVER-- CALL ME CRAZY BUT THESE ARE GREAT REASONS TO SAY GOOD BYE IN NOVEMBER----

Ok, have it your way, YOUR CRAZY.

Peace

TOS

wkmac

Sure can tell the election is over----gas prices are going back up.

I know what you mean. Someone tired to tell me it was because we are entering the holiday season and the extra miles traveled creates demand against existing supply. They even went on further too explain that this happens every year and that the same effect takes place going into summer because of the increased vacation travel.

WOW, what a kool-aid drinking loon eh!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My Prius holds about 11 gallons in the tank and gets around 45 MPG or so.

Usually when I fill up I am buying around 8 or 9 gallons of gas---which means that a $.20 price difference between stations comes out to an extra $1.75 or so.

What that means to me is that I dont even pay attention to how much a particular station is charging for fuel, I just go wherever the line is shortest or to the station that I can easily access with a right-turn in, right-turn out. As far as the extra $1.75 goes, I have more than that in loose change rattling around in the cupholder.

rod

Retired 22 years
My Prius holds about 11 gallons in the tank and gets around 45 MPG or so.

Usually when I fill up I am buying around 8 or 9 gallons of gas---which means that a $.20 price difference between stations comes out to an extra $1.75 or so.

What that means to me is that I dont even pay attention to how much a particular station is charging for fuel, I just go wherever the line is shortest or to the station that I can easily access with a right-turn in, right-turn out. As far as the extra $1.75 goes, I have more than that in loose change rattling around in the cupholder.

go hug a tree------------jk