Global warming

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The good news is every elementary school child in this country knows about global warming.

When I was in elementary school back in the 70's, we had a guest speaker come in to talk about nature and the ecology. She said that the earth would run out of oil in 10 years. That we had less than a 10 year known supply of oil in the ground around the world.

She said bicycles and horses would be coming back, because when the oil ran out, we would need some alternate form of transportation.

Shows you what these so called experts know, and are teaching our PUBLIC elementary school children.

rod

Retired 23 years
When I was in elementary school back in the 70's, we had a guest speaker come in to talk about nature and the ecology. She said that the earth would run out of oil in 10 years. That we had less than a 10 year known supply of oil in the ground around the world.

She said bicycles and horses would be coming back, because when the oil ran out, we would need some alternate form of transportation.

Shows you what these so called experts know, and are teaching our PUBLIC elementary school children.

They also taught you that if an atomic bomb was detonated you would be safe if you hid under your desk.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Here's the thing, the mods edited my post. I am not allowed to respond in kind to you.
There was no content edited out of your post. Only a snarky comment.

Pssst, here's a suggestion: quit being snarky and your posts won't get edited.

The following is the exact text of your post before it was edited:

Here's the thing, the author was using simple scientific experiments to show how climate change works. You were too obtuse to pick up on that.

http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms#tldr

7 Ways to Get Your Posts Edited or Deleted

1. VIOLATE COPYRIGHTS. Copying and pasting an entire article, story or any other copyrighted materials here is a no-no because that's AGAINST COPYRIGHT LAW! It's okay to post small excerpts and/or your own comments and a link to the original work. If you find copyright laws too restrictive feel free to start a thread in the Current Events forum debating the merits of Copyright laws.

2. THREATEN or HARASS OTHERS. You are free to add members to your ignore list if they annoy you. You are also free to report them if they have offended you. Threatening or harassing others is not allowed, even if you think they deserve it.

3. BE CREEPY. Protect privacy, everyone's privacy. You wouldn't like it if you discovered that someone else had posted your name, your face, or a pic of your Mom here. That's creepy, don't be creepy.

4. THWART LANGUAGE FILTERS. Using spaces between letters, strange characters or misspellings to get around the language filters to post filtered words is annoying. Your vocabulary is bigger than that. Curse words are not okay. We know you know what that means.

5. SPAM. If we wanted Spam we'd buy it in a can.

• Posting promotional content, affiliate links, or selling stuff is spam.
  • Posting links to your own website, blog, or other self promotional stuff in your signature is spam.
6. CALL SOMEONE A "POOP HEAD". You may be correct about the composition of their head, but don't make disparaging remarks or derogatory comments about other members. Debate the issue; not the person. That means no name calling, okay?

7. TROLLING. What is trolling? Making extreme rude, disparaging or inflammatory comments just to get an emotional response. If you see someone "trolling" please use the report link to alert the moderators/troll catchers.

Last edited:

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll

Explain what you see as the mistake.

I see it as a failed attempt to help you understand a most basic principle. Obviously in hindsight elementary school level was over your head.
Actually, that was av8torntn's snarky comment. I was censored when I tried to respond to in kind. Different rules for different posters.

av8torntn

Here's the thing, the mods edited my post. I am not allowed to respond in kind to you.

I suggest you make your point in a better way as whining won't help. The thing about establishing yourself with a bad reputation usually means that you have to work twice as hard as the next guy to overcome it. Complaining normally doesn't get you anywhere.

roadrunner2012

Troll
I suggest you make your point in a better way as whining won't help. The thing about establishing yourself with a bad reputation usually means that you have to work twice as hard as the next guy to overcome it. Complaining normally doesn't get you anywhere.
Thanks for the advice.

Also---

Here's the thing, the author was using simple scientific experiments to show how climate change works. You were too obtuse to pick up on that.
Actually, that was av8torntn's snarky comment. I was censored when I tried to respond to in kind. Different rules for different posters.

Last edited by a moderator:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Thanks for the advice.

Also---
You're right. I quoted the part of your post where you were quoting him, not your words. Your snarky remark has been edited into my previous post. I'll also edit the snark out of an8orntn's post.

You're also right about different rules for different posters. Those of you that are repeat offenders are posting from the mod queue. Every post you make has to be reviewed by a moderator because we can't trust you. Regular members abide by our honor system so they can post freely. The only time their posts are moderated is when they are reported by another member.

av8torntn

Watts and Goddard are real scientists? That is an ignorant statement.

The post in question is little more than a chart published by the NOAA. Your obsession with what site linked to it is very indicative of your willingness to ignore science. To your credit that does go over well with the extreme left as has been demonstrated already in this very thread.

roadrunner2012

Troll
The post in question is little more than a chart published by the NOAA. Your obsession with what site linked to it is very indicative of your willingness to ignore science. To your credit that does go over well with the extreme left as has been demonstrated already in this very thread.

Arctic blast coming to Eastern US – likely to be the coldest opening to calendar spring in at least 50 years | Watts Up With That?
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/03/...ning-to-calender-spring-in-at-least-50-years/

You link to a chart about the weather in one part of the planet, and put it up as though it's indicative of a long term pattern. Why not link to a chart showing that Europe is on track to have the warmest March ever?

av8torntn

You link to a chart about the weather in one part of the planet, and put it up as though it's indicative of a long term pattern. Why not link to a chart showing that Europe is on track to have the warmest March ever?

Because one of the most dramatic points of the global warming cultists is that the weather is more severe ,which it clearly hasn't been according to the government , which is pretty ironic on many levels if you think about it.

Of course if you understood that elementary school science experiment you really wouldn't have to ask.

MAKAVELI

Because one of the most dramatic points of the global warming cultists is that the weather is more severe ,which it clearly hasn't been according to the government , which is pretty ironic on many levels if you think about it.

Of course if you understood that elementary school science experiment you really wouldn't have to ask.
Your link has illustrations that show the arctic is warmer than average. I guess you didn't see that.