Global warming

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hagel will also detail a new offensive to stop Bigfoot’s reign of terror. (getting his Machu Picchu on)

Via The Hill:

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel will deliver a speech on Monday that details the impact of climate change on the U.S. military and the Pentagon’s plan to fight it.

Hagel’s address at a meeting of defense ministers in Peru coincides with the release of a report that will lay out the Pentagon’s blueprint on how it will tackle climate change, the Associated Press reports.

Defense Department officials have long said that the impact of climate change is not a distant threat, but one felt now by U.S. operations across the world.

Still Monday’s report signals a shift by the Pentagon to a comprehensive effort to address climate change head on.

oldngray

nowhere special
In recent decades, the term consensus science has come to be associated with climate change/global warming. The appeal to a consensus has been used to avoid honest and open debate about the extent of human influence on the climate system. Climate change has become the poster child for the widely documented corruption in many fields of science resulting from competition for funding, tying funding to specific policy outcomes, and the increasing pressure to publish or perish

“There is no such thing as consensus science. If it’s consensus, it isn’t science. If it’s science, it isn’t consensus. … .” … Consensus is invoked only in situations where the science is not solid enough. Nobody says the consensus of scientists agrees that E = mc². Nobody says the consensus is that the sun is 93 million miles away. It would never occur to anyone to speak that way.”
http://fuelfix.com/blog/2014/10/05/the-corruption-of-science/

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In recent decades, the term consensus science has come to be associated with climate change/global warming. The appeal to a consensus has been used to avoid honest and open debate about the extent of human influence on the climate system. Climate change has become the poster child for the widely documented corruption in many fields of science resulting from competition for funding, tying funding to specific policy outcomes, and the increasing pressure to publish or perish

“There is no such thing as consensus science. If it’s consensus, it isn’t science. If it’s science, it isn’t consensus. … .” … Consensus is invoked only in situations where the science is not solid enough. Nobody says the consensus of scientists agrees that E = mc². Nobody says the consensus is that the sun is 93 million miles away. It would never occur to anyone to speak that way.”
http://fuelfix.com/blog/2014/10/05/the-corruption-of-science/
Sounds like a good source:
William O'Keefe is Chief Operating Officer of the George C. Marshall Institute; he was previously Treasurer/Secretary of the Competitive Enterprise Institute and COO of the American Petroleum Institute[1]. He is also president and founder of Solutions Consulting[2], of which the Marshall Institute is a client.[3].

oldngray

nowhere special
There were no facts, just an opinion by an oil executive. I have yet to see any 'facts' posted by you on this subject.

That just shows you really don't understand science at all. It was not an opinion, just stating facts. Consensus as is thrown around by the climate change alarmists means nothing related to the scientific method, which uses facts and not opinions.

moreluck

golden ticket member
14wdk6s.jpg

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I can only wonder who is looking for more government funding.
I don't think the Pentagon has ever had a funding issue. The simple truth is, private industry spends twice what the Federal Government does on scientific R&D.

You have shown time and again that you oppose science and support war.

av8torntn

I don't think the Pentagon has ever had a funding issue. The simple truth is, private industry spends twice what the Federal Government does on scientific R&D.

You have shown time and again that you oppose science and support war.

Troll too

Somehow I knew I'd get an idiotic reply from you. At least you are consistent.