Global warming

rickyb

even if global warming wasnt real (which it is) theres no good reason not to want a more efficient energy system which makes use of wind, wave, and solar. plus a more efficient property distribution system. under private property things like music, books, cars, movies sit unused 80% or more of the time. totally inefficient. should be aiming for a property system which provides access to things.

upschuck

even if global warming wasnt real (which it is) theres no good reason not to want a more efficient energy system which makes use of wind, wave, and solar. plus a more efficient property distribution system. under private property things like music, books, cars, movies sit unused 80% or more of the time. totally inefficient. should be aiming for a property system which provides access to things.
You are even less smart than I thought.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The man who founded the weather channel says global warming is a lie.

And those environmentalists that came to my classroom 35 years ago were wrong. Just like they are today.

And he is probably being paid handsomely to be a denier, or a part of the denial "industry". You're too slow to notice, but certain groups have a vested interest in creating "doubt" about global warming. The petrochemical industry comes immediately to mind. They know global warming is real, but as long as they can create doubt amongst the low IQ majority of this great land (folks like you), they're winning and can continue to do business pretty much as usual.

When the ocean is lapping at your door, you'll still be on the denial bandwagon.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"And he is probably being paid handsomely to be a denier..." (Mrfedex)
The same can be said of the other side......so your point is pointless!!

rickyb

And he is probably being paid handsomely to be a denier, or a part of the denial "industry". You're too slow to notice, but certain groups have a vested interest in creating "doubt" about global warming. The petrochemical industry comes immediately to mind. They know global warming is real, but as long as they can create doubt amongst the low IQ majority of this great land (folks like you), they're winning and can continue to do business pretty much as usual.

When the ocean is lapping at your door, you'll still be on the denial bandwagon.

one theory i heard is the crack down on civil liberties and growing police state is not because of terrorism like our governments say, but because they are planning for the civil unrest which is coming down the road because of a shrinking middle class, and global warming

moreluck

golden ticket member
one theory i heard is the crack down on civil liberties and growing police state is not because of terrorism like our governments say, but because they are planning for the civil unrest which is coming down the road because of a shrinking middle class, and global warming

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
PROBABLY means he doesn't know and is throwing crap against the wall to see if this sticks.

BTW, he's a multi-millionaire. How much do you think it would take to buy him off?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Think about what you just said. We have research and overwhelming scientific proof on our side. Your side refuses to acknowledge it. Sure, we have "green whores" like Al Gore who cash-in, but there is no doubt that coal and oil are adversely affecting the planet. They know it, but as long as they can fool you (not very hard), they've "won".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
PROBABLY means he doesn't know and is throwing crap against the wall to see if this sticks.

BTW, he's a multi-millionaire. How much do you think it would take to buy him off?

I don't know if he's been bought-off, but plenty of others make a handsome living being deniers. For example, our local radio Libertarian gets tons of PR advertising from coal, the railroads, and Big Oil because he's an open denier with a big following of sheeple like you. So do Limbaugh and Back, among the rest of the GOP/Right media.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I don't know if he's been bought-off, but plenty of others make a handsome living being deniers. For example, our local radio Libertarian gets tons of PR advertising from coal, the railroads, and Big Oil because he's an open denier with a big following of sheeple like you. So do Limbaugh and Back, among the rest of the GOP/Right media.
Actually, most of the climate scientists claiming the climate is not changing because of mankind, are retired. They couldn't speak out during their time with governmental or universities because of the possibility of losing funding for their group because our US government doesn't want to fund any research that does not back the climate change scenario. The government of the US and most of the rest of the world want the control and power that comes with the premise that man is causing climate change. Because we would then have to give those governments the power and control over our money and our freedoms to fix the problem.

Overpaid Union Thug

The only deniers are those that deny that the big giant hot ball of gas that's up in the sky during the day isn't whats calling fluctuations in our planet's weather patterns. In fact, the sun (in case you didn't understand what I was talking about) has had cooling and heating periods since it's creation. So what do you think of that? Is the left, like the goof balls they are, going to demand that aliens that are living on the sun stop driving their SUVs and all the other nonsense that they demand down here on Earth?

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
SnowballInhofe.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Think about what you just said. We have research and overwhelming scientific proof on our side. Your side refuses to acknowledge it. Sure, we have "green whores" like Al Gore who cash-in, but there is no doubt that coal and oil are adversely affecting the planet. They know it, but as long as they can fool you (not very hard), they've "won".
Looks like the Canadian half pint agrees with you !! Nuff said!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

A more efficient property distribution system? There is a perfectly fine property distribution system in place now. Thrift stores, charities, etc. When people have things they no longer want, they donate them to the charity of their choice. Or to a cause of their choice. Surely, you're not talking about a government organization to redistribute property?

rickyb

A more efficient property distribution system? There is a perfectly fine property distribution system in place now. Thrift stores, charities, etc. When people have things they no longer want, they donate them to the charity of their choice. Or to a cause of their choice. Surely, you're not talking about a government organization to redistribute property?

i dont see why people couldnt do it themselves. file sharing is an efficient use of property, probably the most efficient. i mean youtube is communism people share their videos and music, and whatever like crazy.

but libraries (especially online libraries) are much more efficient, than private book ownership. my private book collection sits unused 90% of the time. my tv sits unused maybe 70% or more of the time.

statistically cars sit unused 80% of the time. ive seen a privatized car cooperative and the cars are shared increasing efficiency. not sure how it works, but i see they have designated parking next to the subway. public transit, which is government controlled, is far more efficient than private car ownership, and it works. could be better though.

rickyb

not to mention they always make new things that arent compatible with the old things. so if u have a car, and the engine dies and its really old, it doesnt make economic sense to keep it, even though the rest of the car is good. if things were compatible, we wouldnt have such a throw away economy

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

not to mention they always make new things that arent compatible with the old things. so if u have a car, and the engine dies and its really old, it doesnt make economic sense to keep it, even though the rest of the car is good. if things were compatible, we wouldnt have such a throw away economy

Google "planned obsolescence".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Actually, most of the climate scientists claiming the climate is not changing because of mankind, are retired. They couldn't speak out during their time with governmental or universities because of the possibility of losing funding for their group because our US government doesn't want to fund any research that does not back the climate change scenario. The government of the US and most of the rest of the world want the control and power that comes with the premise that man is causing climate change. Because we would then have to give those governments the power and control over our money and our freedoms to fix the problem.

The control mantra is straight from the GOP playbook, and I've heard all of the big Right Wing media players feed this garbage out during their shows. More of the communist plot theory crap that climate change is an excuse for government to "socialize" our lives. Gee, you're too easy.