Global warming

moreluck

golden ticket member
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/03/19/3635437/merchants-of-doubt/

he now-classic book “Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming” has been made into a must-see documentary. The impeccable story-telling, clever visuals, and existentially important theme-make this an instant classic.

I guarantee that even the most jaded climate hawk will be both shocked and entertained by this film — and I say that as someone who has seen way too many climate documentaries. Also, this may be the perfect movie to bring one of your fence-sitting friends to.
Unless it stars Matthew Mc, it's not worth seeing.............

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Heard an offer today on the radio , a gentleman from Maine wishes that Al Gore would show up in his town wearing shorts & sandals to explain his global warming theory .

Sportello

Heard an offer today on the radio , a gentleman from Maine wishes that Al Gore would show up in his town wearing shorts & sandals to explain his global warming theory .
Provincial thinking. Look at the earth for Feb 2015:
temp-departures.gif

Looks like god is punishing Americans on the East coast, or the Russians, depending on how you view it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Um ... no. It wasn't the warmest winter on record. It was the 19th warmest. And that is just for as far back as records go which is very short on geologic time scales.

I oldngray your username or a description of your brain cells? Climate change is real, and you need to put the Kool-Aid down.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I oldngray your username or a description of your brain cells? Climate change is real, and you need to put the Kool-Aid down.
You're right, climate change is real......tomorrow is the first day of spring....it comes right after winter each year. After spring comes summer and then fall. Always changing that silly climate!!

Sportello

Explaining science to those people is like talking to your dog...or Glenn Beck. Your choice.
My dog is very smart. I learn more from listening to him than most of the masterminds here. He never lies to me, except about how hungry he is. He can smell a rat from a mile away. Best darn dog I ever had.

I pick the dog over Beck.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Provincial thinking. Look at the earth for Feb 2015:
temp-departures.gif

Looks like god is punishing Americans on the East coast, or the Russians, depending on how you view it.
This chart is not for February. It's for March 15, 2015.

And all that gray area is probably all blue.

Because it's where the ice is at.

And it proves nothing.

March was a warm month in many parts of the world.

Just like a couple of years ago where I live was a cool summer.

Usually, where I live we get about 10-15 days a year in summer over 100 degrees.

A couple of years ago, we got about 5 days over 100 degrees.

It proves nothing.