Got hurt due to leaky package..

Wit Cho Yo Goofass

If I go to handle a package and I notice it's leaking I tend to not touch it.
This is where that whole ‘if you see something or smell something let a member of management know..’ thing comes into play. But sometimes, it don’t work that way til the package falls and bursts everywhere & the Haz-Mat squad has to come through. What fun!!
hMQxUM6.gif

F

Frankie's Friend

I am getting really tired of your constant bull:censored2:.

Chain of command—-steward, BA, IBT, NLRB.
Sorry scab, but that may be the union (labor) chain but osha violations are outside of that "chain", especially when it comes to federal health and safety regs.

Parasite, factor two things in your tiny mind...

1. OSHA charges and violations are enforceable with or without a union's involvement. Many workplaces are not unionized but osha still has jurisdiction.

2. You of all people are now propagating posts on here that encourage workers to ... wait for it...
HIDE BEHIND THEIR CONTRACT???

Which is it parasite? What's your next lie?

km3

I was told by a union steward not to bypass the grievance procedure. Also, taking pictures will get you walked out.

I've been told the same thing. But if you filed, and the issue was never resolved, would you really be bypassing it by going to some government agency next? I don't think so.

I do think talking to your safety committee rep and a steward and filing a grievance are good steps to take first though. Then the company can't use the "we weren't aware of the situation" excuse when OSHA does show up. Just point to the safety meeting minutes and your copies of the grievances you filed.

F

Frankie's Friend

I've been told the same thing. But if you filed, and the issue was never resolved, would you really be bypassing it by going to some government agency next? I don't think so.

I do think talking to your safety committee rep and a steward and filing a grievance are good steps to take first though. Then the company can't use the "we weren't aware of the situation" excuse when OSHA does show up. Just point to the safety meeting minutes and your copies of the grievances you filed.
If your local is management friendly your complaint will often end up in the collective abyss.

If you write a letter and sign it the surprise visit is worth the effort.
The egress violations never go away until the hammer comes down and a fine is levied.
We've been there.
It's about safety and this is the education process that fixes violations for the long term.

Indecisi0n

This is where that whole ‘if you see something or smell something let a member of management know..’ thing comes into play. But sometimes, it don’t work that way til the package falls and bursts everywhere & the Haz-Mat squad has to come through. What fun!!
hMQxUM6.gif
See something, smell something or taste something...

F

Frankie's Friend

Done
Since I see sups recording hourlies working, which is awkward and possibly degrading, the reverse should always be allowed.
Make sure that your local is aware of it and will back you. It should be a rescended policy on upsers.com as it states that it was mandated.
A picture is worth 1000 words in safety meetings as well.
I could tell you what happened to us but I'll just say that we got it fixed in spite of the "chain of command".