Ground taking over

Serf

And what might that plan be? This town has waited for more than 30 years for that "plan" to come to fruition.
And BTW....Just exactly who are the so called "heritage American root folks"?
Heritage American root folks are multi generational Americans who have contributed to society in many facets. They have built and established the kind of towns that your realtor up sells you on with “good schools.”

Serf

Middle aged white men.
Guys, it’s not all about race. The government gutted the rust belt when I was still a kid with NAFTA. The towns you speak of are done. Learn to code.
And understand that the country you are speaking of was and still is a predominately white, Christian nation. Although the media would portray otherwise. You know Heritage root American folks. Guys and gals with family they can trace back to the mayflower, or continental army. Have some respect.

bacha29

Heritage American root folks are multi generational Americans who have contributed to society in many facets. They have built and established the kind of towns that your realtor up sells you on with “good schools.”
Guys, it’s not all about race. The government gutted the rust belt when I was still a kid with NAFTA. The towns you speak of are done. Learn to code.
And understand that the country you are speaking of was and still is a predominately white, Christian nation. Although the media would portray otherwise. You know Heritage root American folks. Guys and gals with family they can trace back to the mayflower, or continental army. Have some respect.
And the native Americans standing on the shore waiting for the Mayflower to dock and kept it's passengers from starving to death were not "heritage root American folks"?

And the Mayflower passengers were for all intents and purposes just a bunch of illegals who unilaterally decided to sail to America regardless of whether or not the people already living there agreed to take them. Nevertheless they were stuck with this boatload of sick and starving white skinned people from half a world away.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And the native Americans standing on the shore waiting for the Mayflower to dock and kept it's passengers from starving to death were not "heritage root American folks"?

And the Mayflower passengers were for all intents and purposes just a bunch of illegals who unilaterally decided to sail to America regardless of whether or not the people already living there agreed to take them. Nevertheless they were stuck with this boatload of sick and starving white skinned people from half a world away.
You have a very cartoonish view of the savages that Europeans encountered in North America.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Whatever you say, Thunder
Huge if true.

I've been accused of being Thunder.
I've been accused of being Denver.
I've been accused of being Stephen.
I've been accused of being a former manager who is now a courier.
I've been accused of being a current ops manager.
I've been accused of being a senior manager.
I've been accused of creating alt accounts to argue with.
I've been accused of wearing fine clothes.
I've been accused of eating the finest of foods.
It's like a country song!

Last edited:

Lates

Well back on topic found out ground is now taking the drop boxes in the area that was combined meaning they have all our old pups in the combined zip codes.

bacha29

Huge if true.

I've been accused of being Thunder.
I've been accused of being Denver.
I've been accused of being Stephen.
I've been accused of being a former manager who is now a courier.
I've been accused of being a current ops manager.
I've been accused of being a senior manager.
I've been accused of creating alt accounts to argue with.
I've been accused of wearing fine clothes.
I've been accused of eating the finest of foods.
It's like a country song!
In what country? Doesn't sound like any country we're familiar with.

FedexCares

Some of you that think ground will have trouble finding employees I feel are a bit out of touch. For low skilled, blue collar workers in 2023 there isn’t much out there that will be better then working at ground.

It’s been a very slow and methodical race to the bottom in just about every sector of the US economy as far as labor goes for a long time, and ground type jobs are becoming the norm not the outlier.

I personally don’t see ground having any issues finding willing bodies to throw at the job for the foreseeable future.

bacha29

Some of you that think ground will have trouble finding employees I feel are a bit out of touch. For low skilled, blue collar workers in 2023 there isn’t much out there that will be better then working at ground.

It’s been a very slow and methodical race to the bottom in just about every sector of the US economy as far as labor goes for a long time, and ground type jobs are becoming the norm not the outlier.

I personally don’t see ground having any issues finding willing bodies to throw at the job for the foreseeable future.
Perhaps, but how do you explain all the job offers contractors are placing on nationwide job boards. If it was that easy you would think that they would pick them up locally quite easily.

You will always have that transient workforce constantly moving from one place to the next. As a contractor because of the pay and lack of benefits you're passing through from Fat Freddy worker quality wise that's about all you're going to get.

As a contractor given your dependency on that type of worker, one that's here today but nowhere to be seen tomorrow it comes down to a question of how much money much of it borrowed you're willing to place at risk .

AB831

Sure but how long will these guys last, and how well will they perform for a company that still laughably brands itself with its “service?”

yadig

I hope you’re right! I’ve got a pension that I’d like to get every month. I’m bout to be outta here!

It will be fine

Perhaps, but how do you explain all the job offers contractors are placing on nationwide job boards. If it was that easy you would think that they would pick them up locally quite easily.

You will always have that transient workforce constantly moving from one place to the next. As a contractor because of the pay and lack of benefits you're passing through from Fat Freddy worker quality wise that's about all you're going to get.

As a contractor given your dependency on that type of worker, one that's here today but nowhere to be seen tomorrow it comes down to a question of how much money much of it borrowed you're willing to place at risk .
Ok boomer. People don’t go door to door to local businesses with their resume in hand looking for work these days. They apply online.