Ground taking over

fedx

Extra Large Package
My senior said off the record within 10-12 years everyone will be federal express employees. Ground ran its course and it’s starting to hurt the company. It’s obvious

Then why not do it now? Why would you move everything over to Ground only to get rid of Ground in a decade and move it all back to Express? I think he's pulling your leg. He's telling you "everything will be okay" 10 to 12 years from now, so don't worry. Put it at a far off enough date that you forget about what's going on now.

FedupExpress

Then why not do it now? Why would you move everything over to Ground only to get rid of Ground in a decade and move it all back to Express? I think he's pulling your leg. He's telling you "everything will be okay" 10 to 12 years from now, so don't worry. Put it at a far off enough date that you forget about what's going on now.
Your señoir is probably just as frightened about losing his gig and is simply wishful thinking

lilwizbiz

Look at Canada. Ground ran its course mate. Nobody wants to work for Pennies and 0 benefits anymore

Guitarman01

I still think there is a chance it could go the other way
Well the ground facilities are bigger with more volume so it makes sense to move express to ground, not the other way around. I also think the plan would have to be much more delicate with the contractors so things don't collapse.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I still think there is a chance it could go the other way
Well the ground facilities are bigger with more volume so it makes sense to move express to ground, not the other way around. I also think the plan would have to be much more delicate with the contractors so things don't collapse.
You do realize, don't you, that the discussion is over employees, not facilities, right?

zeev

Trucking with contractors has been around a long time it’s cheap and FedEx is going cheap . RTD here is the new address take the cans to Ground. Bye bye

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
One van, one service would more than likely operate out of ground facilities. You create the illusion that it's all going to be contacted out until it's not.
Cast your aspersions on whoever made the remark.

Yes, Ground facilities are larger than Express facilities.
Yes, combining both opcos for efficiency is something I have advocated for 20+ years.
Yes, turning control over to Ground will, IMHO, destroy the brand. (based on history)
Yes, Fedex management has decided to turn over the bulk of the business to Ground.
No, what you think, or what I think, will not change that decision.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
Very few Express drivers who end up at Ground will stay there and I’m pretty sure the company understands that. Contractors aren’t compensated well enough to match the pay and benefits couriers get. Just look at it as layoffs designed to keep the company’s hands clean.

It will be fine

Very few Express drivers who end up at Ground will stay there and I’m pretty sure the company understands that. Contractors aren’t compensated well enough to match the pay and benefits couriers get. Just look at it as layoffs designed to keep the company’s hands clean.
They don’t seem to care about keeping their hands clean. They are laying off workers left and right already. It shouldn’t be surprising as the entire industry normalizes after the artificial highs of the pandemic.

Gone fishin

Well, the fact that Canada went express tells us what we all know , Express is the better option. If it wasn’t they would have went contractors, no ?
The Canadian laws and people are the same as USA , contractors aren’t illegal, but people hate them.
Actually little easier there because healthcare is free.
We’ll see how this shakes out here