Ground taking over

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Raj's term, not mine. His analogy of the "business innovation". Run across the hall and tell him he's an idiot.
RaJ sAiD iT oNcE iN pAsSiNg So i'Ll AcT lIkE iT's A tHiNg!!! I'll sAy It aLL tHe TimE, tOo!!!! MoRe ThAn He EvEr Did!!!!

Gone fishin

More than 5 and like it’s been said many times the rural areas have stayed with express it is actually the cities that have been combined. You can live in denial but it’s happening already it isn’t speculation the only thing left is to figure out when it will get to your area.
Did anyone predict Canada going all express ?
No one knows anything

FedupExpress

They’re not much different than the US. Lot of layoffs have happened at Canada as well. Remember FedEx never said ground or express will take over, it was this board and Reddit that assumed express was going to be gone. It never made sense to give up the company to contractors and everyone knows that FedEx was gonna be way too cheap to pay off huge amounts of severance to their workers. Come on man
So what's going to happen? A little bit of both?

Lates

How , by some stations merging and some not ?
Ok live in your own world then it isn’t some are and some aren’t. These changes are going to happen just going to take longer in some areas no way they could do it everywhere all at once. I don’t understand how you can’t see what’s going on. We keep hearing of it happening more and more places but must all be lies.

Gone fishin

Ok live in your own world then it isn’t some are and some aren’t. These changes are going to happen just going to take longer in some areas no way they could do it everywhere all at once. I don’t understand how you can’t see what’s going on. We keep hearing of it happening more and more places but must all be lies.
You are right , it could all go ground. No argument here. I just don’t think anyone knows ,including the people in charge of it. Wouldn’t surprise me either way , I’ll be ready

Guitarman01

I think looking down the line the possibility exists that even though they are folding express stations and laying off the majority of some of those stations employees, there's still a scenario where FedEx turns around and takes back the entire operation after it's become more consolidated.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
RaJ sAiD iT oNcE iN pAsSiNg So i'Ll AcT lIkE iT's A tHiNg!!! I'll sAy It aLL tHe TimE, tOo!!!! MoRe ThAn He EvEr Did!!!!
Raj has used the analogy multiple times in interviews with the media to explain the changes in simple terms. Not in passing, but as an explanation of the "business innovation" that was taking place.

bbsam

Staff member
Well, the fact that Canada went express tells us what we all know , Express is the better option. If it wasn’t they would have went contractors, no ?
The Canadian laws and people are the same as USA , contractors aren’t illegal, but people hate them.
Actually little easier there because healthcare is free.
We’ll see how this shakes out here
Probably simply more efficient. Lots of ground to cover so they’re going to be using planes anyway so…

FedupExpress

I think looking down the line the possibility exists that even though they are folding express stations and laying off the majority of some of those stations employees, there's still a scenario where FedEx turns around and takes back the entire operation after it's become more consolidated.
And then the company will dump down once again

It's like an 89' corolla on its 3rd engine and 2nd tranny, at some point you let go and junk it

MAKAVELI

Banned
Every station that has combined in the continental US has shifted the majority of the volume to Ground contractors.
You realize that these stations will still have Express employees in the operation where Canada will have 0 contractors in their operations. FedEx is just experimenting with the Hybrid idea in the US with a handful of small bum friend rural stations. Lol

lilwizbiz

More than 5 and like it’s been said many times the rural areas have stayed with express it is actually the cities that have been combined. You can live in denial but it’s happening already it isn’t speculation the only thing left is to figure out when it will get to your area.
Which cities? Express taking over a whole country should tell you everything you need to know.

lilwizbiz

Any elimination of redundancy will save them money. My guess is all the issues with customs make it easier to keep all volume in house in Canada. Those considerations will be different in the lower 48.
Ground deals with the same customs express deals with. Try again. Grounds gone mate whether you like it or not