Ground taking over

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Wrong. No single contractor or group of contractors will tell FDX what it can and cannot do. The reason being is that there is no judicial oversight with the power to bind FDX to single term of that damn contract.

Spencer Patton launched the first meaningful challenge to the power of FDX last year.....You saw how long he lasted.
Throw in your towel, slap on your ankle bracelets, FedEx's ploy to intimidate all contractors has worked!

Indentured servants must cower and become supplicants. Bacha has so decreed!

bacha29

Throw in your towel, slap on your ankle bracelets, FedEx's ploy to intimidate all contractors has worked!

Indentured servants must cower and become supplicants. Bacha has so decreed!
Just go read the contract then tell me what you think.....Think? On second thought better not Down there in that 105 degree heat doing that might give you heat stroke.

zeev

Just drove past FedEx station sign says “employee appreciation week”, We can’t do it without you. Also learned from inside source the new Ground locations are set from the ramp. No idea when but probably soon. They are gonna try to do it without you

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Just go read the contract then tell me what you think.....Think? On second thought better not Down there in that 105 degree heat doing that might give you heat stroke.
But if enough contractors recognized that, say, a Contractors Association, said “frick the contract, here’s our demands”, they could make history.

bacha29

But if enough contractors recognized that, say, a Contractors Association, said “frick the contract, here’s our demands”, they could make history.
Remember one thing here. There are around 6000 FDX contractors. That in turn means that you've got 6000 individual self interests in play making organizing contractors even on a regional basis impossible.

The only thing now that could bring about change would be for shipping rates to continue their downward trajectory and contractors are no longer able to get enough people to take their deal resulting in huge holes in the network so big that they can't be plugged no matter how much contingency cash they throw at the contractors who remain.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Remember one thing here. There are around 6000 FDX contractors. That in turn means that you've got 6000 individual self interests in play making organizing contractors even on a regional basis impossible.

If they’re that stupid, then they deserve what they get.

FedupExpress

Express employee here, I would definitely want to unionize while I'm here
I am not planning on spending 30 years here but
You're right they don't but customers do or they find out real quick. A contractor model maybe able to compete on price temporarily, but not service. If service falls apart cheap labor won't matter much.
The thing is most people are not going to be shipping express anymore anyway, :censored2:s too expensive.

If anything a few businesses and that
Just drove past FedEx station sign says “employee appreciation week”, We can’t do it without you. Also learned from inside source the new Ground locations are set from the ramp. No idea when but probably soon. They are gonna try to do it without you
What do you mean by set from the ramp?

zeev

Express employee here, I would definitely want to unionize while I'm here
I am not planning on spending 30 years here but

The thing is most people are not going to be shipping express anymore anyway, :censored2:s too expensive.

If anything a few businesses and that

What do you mean by set from the ramp?
Those cans off plane will go to Ground locations.

Mutineer

It would need to be organized by a person who had alot of time, money, drive, and a perverse hatred for FedEx.

Patton's only downfall was he had something that FedEx could, and did take away.

MAKAVELI

Ever wonder why that's the exception and not the rule?
Except it isn't the exception. So far only one station in bumbf * Minnesota has went all Ground and the company is trying to keep that 💩 show a secret. Every other merge is a combination of Express employees and Ground

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It would need to be organized by a person who had alot of time, money, drive, and a perverse hatred for FedEx.
I NOMINATE @MrFedEx!!!

Oh wait, I still remember...
Time to move in a different direction. I'll be starting my own website which will be more closely allied with FedEx concerns. Take care, and keep on fighting against Smith.

And all it was was a blog with one entry. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Except it isn't the exception. So far only one station in bumbf * Minnesota has went all Ground and the company is trying to keep that 💩 show a secret. Every other merge is a combination of Express employees and Ground
Protect that narrative.

Gone fishin

Has anyone heard from that station and how it’s doing. I would figure a driver would update others

bacha29

That they were just as short-sighted. But the obstacles are completely different, making the contractor apathy the bigger error.
It's not a case of contractor apathy. Contractors are officers ,managers, and employees of their own corporation. So just who are they going to form a bargaining unit with?

The employees of the contractor can vote to join a union but the moment that happened the contractor's contract would be immediately cancelled.