guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You don't have to teach children to be killers, it's our nature. You have to teach them not to be killers.
Right now, our children are learning about guns from violent video games, TV shows, movies and music.
Perhaps those lessons ought to instead be taught (like sex education) at school, by competent instructors and in an age-appropriate manner.
Ignorance never kept anyone safer.

It will be fine

Right now, our children are learning about guns from violent video games, TV shows, movies and music.
Perhaps those lessons ought to instead be taught (like sex education) at school, by competent instructors and in an age-appropriate manner.
Ignorance never kept anyone safer.
You want to teach shooting in schools? That's a hard no from me, thanks.

It will be fine

Substitute "sex education" for "shooting" and you are adopting the default position of right wing conservatives.

Ignorance never kept anyone safer, whether it be about safe sex or gun safety.
That's a reach of an argument. The two subjects aren't remotely similar. You don't need gun safety classes if you don't own or interact with guns. Most people don't own guns, everyone has sex.

floridays

That's a reach of an argument. The two subjects aren't remotely similar. You don't need gun safety classes if you don't own or interact with guns. Most people don't own guns, everyone has sex.
You don't get your wish, we own guns and at times interact with guns. You'll take that statement where ever you want to go. Everyone has sex? Sure about that?

soberups

If the goal is to save lives, then gun safety classes should be a required part of high school cirriculum.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have a Glock coupon that expires in about a week, I want to get another 9MM. Anybody have a 19 Gen4, and what do you think about it? I have a 43 I like, I'm thinking more capacity and easy to conceal.

floridays

I have a Glock coupon that expires in about a week, I want to get another 9MM. Anybody have a 19 Gen4, and what do you think about it? I have a 43 I like, I'm thinking more capacity and easy to conceal.
Buy what you want, enjoy it, you don't like it sell it. Huge second hand market.

soberups

If the goal was to save lives we would treat firearms like we do motor vehicles.
If we treated firearms like motor vehicles then my carry permit would be valid in all 50 states and I wouldn't go from law abiding citizen to felon simply by crossing the New Jersey border with an unloaded handgun locked in my trunk.

Sportello

If we treated firearms like motor vehicles then my carry permit would be valid in all 50 states and I wouldn't go from law abiding citizen to felon simply by crossing the New Jersey border with an unloaded handgun locked in my trunk.
And you would have liability insurance on it, as well as safety devices designed to save lives.

One thing is not exactly like the other, but lessons are there. How many people died from vehicle accidents each year before safety regulations were required? I'll save you the research, per capita they have halved since the 1970's.

soberups

And you would have liability insurance on it, as well as safety devices designed to save lives.

One thing is not exactly like the other, but lessons are there. How many people died from vehicle accidents each year before safety regulations were required? I'll save you the research, per capita they have halved since the 1970's.
Driving a motor vehicle on a public road is a privelege.
Owning a gun is a Constitutional right.