Happy Making Less Than Minimum Wage?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
You have a great job. The pay progression at UPS is outstanding, even for an insider/PTer. You’ll make way more than your PT sups in time

rickyb

OK so in CA the minimum wage bumped to $14 from $12 in 2021. Everyone getting paid $14.50/hr and paying out $1.40/hr to the union (net $13.10) thought we would get a pay bump to keep us above minimum wage. Now at $13.10 we are paid $0.90/hr less than minimum wage. How does it feel to be paid less than minimum wage? Do you still like the Union? Is anyone working for us to get us back to at least minimum wage?
having a union is statistically better for workers than not.

unionization rates in america have fallen because of corrupt politicians, and labour is losing the battle against capitalists

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I'm getting minimum as well.Less than minimum when I factor in the minutes UPS is shaving off my timecard.What's the point of clocking out when they can just put whatever they want?

BrownZen

I'm getting minimum as well.Less than minimum when I factor in the minutes UPS is shaving off my timecard.What's the point of clocking out when they can just put whatever they want?
Our hub starts enforcing rules at the guard gate, but makes you log in way deep inside the warehouse 5 minutes past guard gate.

Swanson

Our hub starts enforcing rules at the guard gate, but makes you log in way deep inside the warehouse 5 minutes past guard gate.
they've ripped me for a half our a month ago told the manager he said he would put it on my next check never did. last week i worked 6hours 11minutes and i am only getting 6 hours

BrownZen

So you think buying gloves and boots should be factored into your pay rate?
I consider UPS not using their buying power to negotiate a better price on common items to be costless to UPS and an extra expense to me. If My $20 gloves were only $15 thanks to UPS buying them in bulk, this would cost UPS nothing and save me $5. So I think of it as a $5 loss. Other companies do this.

Swanson

I consider UPS using their buying power to negotiate a better price on common items to be costless to UPS and an extra expense to me. If My $20 gloves were only $15 thanks to UPS buying them in bulk, this would cost UPS nothing and save me $5. So I think of it as a $5 loss. Other companies do this.
they don't care about us they want to rip us off whether it be going into the computer system and taking minutes off the timecard or the high prices in the vending machines

BrownZen

What other services do you pay for that you think should be factored in to your pay rate?
Ohh I forgot the cost of bad safety policies. Like banning N95 with exhaust valves. How does one factor that massive cost in?

Attachments

• n95_exhaust.jpg
    n95_exhaust.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 66

BrownZen

they don't care about us they want to rip us off whether it be going into the computer system and taking minutes off the timecard or the high prices in the vending machines
Yes, vending machines should be priced at costs. Why is that a profit center?