Happy Making Less Than Minimum Wage?

Zowert

Some folks are just a broken ankle away from being buried. You on the other hand never have to worry about medical debt. Oh how awful it is to be in the Union.

BrownZen

Ah, @BrownZen, classic move of telling less than the whole story and exaggerating other details to ensure the position of "victim."
View attachment 328106

If you have nothing to add, but just have a strong feeling I am wrong because of your bubble ideology, just type "Debunked" and move along ke the rest of your type do. I am not a victim or playing one. Just not sure I get all the rah rah teamsters are great when they forgot to negotiate a flexible base pay based off of the legal minimum wage for the bottom tier workers. I am sure that pension will feel good knowing it was financed on the backs of laborers who not even paid the legally obligated amount. Save these gifs for your facebook feed.

BrownZen

They should pay us $1 million/hr to make up for not giving us 26 weeks of vacation, and forcing us to wear hazardous facewear while performing strenuous work.

This number sounds a bit low, but I liked the story. If you google "are masks safe to wear while exercising" you will see every story written by USA media will say absolutely safe. Every story written overseas in Asia and Pac Islands will say it is horribly bad.

Spanky250

It's really too bad they don't teach economics in school any more. If they did the OP would understand the difference between wages and expenses.

BrownZen

Here is the bottom line:
The Union seems to have done a fine job negotiating on the higher end, because you group thinkers seem so happy.
The formula for calculating the lowest acceptable pay for low end workers should be: Min wage + Union dues
One would hope it was Min Wage + union dues + value added by the union
If you simply negotiated a flat rate, and now workers make less than minimum after dues you dropped the ball.
If you cannot accept this basic fact, you might be a brainwashed idiot.
Hopefully there is a way to get back to the negotiating table before 2023.

Here is the bottom line:
The Union seems to have done a fine job negotiating on the higher end, because you group thinkers seem so happy.
The formula for calculating the lowest acceptable pay for low end workers should be: Min wage + Union dues
One would hope it was Min Wage + union dues + value added by the union
If you simply negotiated a flat rate, and now workers make less than minimum after dues you dropped the ball.
If you cannot accept this basic fact, you might be a brainwashed idiot.
Hopefully there is a way to get back to the negotiating table before 2023.
Unfortunately the part-timers as majority do not vote on contract so guess what the company does? They grease the squeaky wheel

If you have nothing to add, but just have a strong feeling I am wrong because of your bubble ideology, just type "Debunked" and move along ke the rest of your type do. I am not a victim or playing one. Just not sure I get all the rah rah teamsters are great when they forgot to negotiate a flexible base pay based off of the legal minimum wage for the bottom tier workers. I am sure that pension will feel good knowing it was financed on the backs of laborers who not even paid the legally obligated amount. Save these gifs for your facebook feed.

Don't tell me what manner or tact I can or cannot use to call you an *hole. If you were working at most any other place you would be paying insurance premiums on top of contributing to your own 401k if you were to set up a retirement and health insurance, that would total more than $1.40/hr. If you were paying $550/mo and 6% of your gross for those things, would that count against your wage? Or are those expenses?

BrownZen

Don't tell me what manner or tact I can or cannot use to call you an *hole. If you were working at most any other place you would be paying insurance premiums on top of contributing to your own 401k if you were to set up a retirement and health insurance, that would total more than $1.40/hr. If you were paying $550/mo and 6% of your gross for those things, would that count against your wage? Or are those expenses?

New loaders making less than minimum wage thanks to the glorious union, get neither insurance nor 401K while they pay into the dues for your benefits.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
New loaders making less than minimum wage thanks to the glorious union, get neither insurance nor 401K while they pay into the dues for your benefits.

Seems to me that, assuming your theory of union dues reducing your wages made any sense, it is the state's fault you are making less than minimum wage. What do you plan to do to improve your situation?