Happy Making Less Than Minimum Wage?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Pt sups are for the most part stuck there. And only get 27.5 hours a week. Hourlies get time and a half overtime, can double shift, and can rake it in when they go full time.
They get yearly raises. They got covid19 bonus. They don't wait 9 months for healthcare. Hourly part time work is minimum wage.

rod

Retired 23 years
The same way Amazon will not allow a Union. By getting rid of the organizers.
Sounds like the got you all running scared. There is a big difference--you are already in the union--- I think. Or are you one of those tagalongs who let everyone else fight for your perks.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
they've ripped me for a half our a month ago told the manager he said he would put it on my next check never did. last week i worked 6hours 11minutes and i am only getting 6 hours
I will never understand this attitude.
You get all the benefits of union representation, and then whine on a forum about being cheated instead of using the contractual method for forcing them to pay you properly.

Not only that, but with penalty pay, you can actually make even more money if they drag their feet!

Quit your crying, and educate yourself.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
They do not own the vending machines.
But they do have a say so in the price of the merchandise inside of the vending machines because they get a percentage from the vendor
Useful info.

I still have no problem with it though. The vending machine is one of the few completely optional interactions I have with UPS. I can always bring my own food and drinks.

BrownZen

Are you suggesting that UPS owns the vending machines and stocks them?
I am suggesting that vending machine companies set a price they require on the products and companies hosting the machines choose to mark it up more for a profit or sell it at costs. UPS marks it up, making it a profit center.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
You get free benefits. Pay progression. And a retirement and you’re really questioning a $1.40 union due? Hundreds of thousands of people in this country would gladly take your place and not question it.

BrownZen

How about these :censored2: COVID policies. Loader goes to manager SUP and tells them she feels sick. They tell her she needs to work one more hour before she can leave. Then they send her back to a truck with another worker in it. 1. She should be allowed to leave. 2. She should be isolated in a truck by herself if you will not let her leave.