Harassment grievances

Brownt10

is there any benefit to filing harassment grievances against supervisors? If so what comes of them? I want to start filing harassment grievances against the full & pt supervisors for trying to give me & others a hard time over safety issues on the preload

Integrity

Binge Poster
is there any benefit to filing harassment grievances against supervisors? If so what comes of them? I want to start filing harassment grievances against the full & pt supervisors for trying to give me & others a hard time over safety issues on the preload
It all depends.

Please describe your case a bit.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Let’s hear it. What did the supervisors do?

PT Car Washer

My Local has forced the company to terminate PT sups for harassment. FT sups usually have a PT sup to throw under the bus.

Brownt10

It all depends.

Please describe your case a bit.
On the preload management is instructing guys to throw up over 70’s & irregulars up on the belts while packages are actively coming down the shoots which violates the part of the contract about commingling those so I turn the belt off & tell management to remove the overweights. One of the useless pt sup’s try’s to do the FT sups dirty work & tell me they can do that & that I can’t turn the belt off if it’s not the belt I’m working in & as long as there is any amount of space they can throw it on (not true when packages are smacking right into the overweight down the shoot). So it hasn’t beefed up yet & that’s not a reason to file harassment but if this escalated & they keep telling me I can’t work safe or stick up for all the others that refuse to defend the contract or follow safety then I will be filing against them. I care more about going at the FT sups bc pt sups don’t last long on average.

Brownt10

In my opinion, harassment grievances are being treated like a joke because of all the cry baby stuff. Which hurts real harassment grievances.
I’m talking about safety issues when management try’s telling hourlys to work unsafe & telling me I’m in the wrong. I’ve worked in many other buildings but this building is run totally different bc it’s more of a country club where lots of union guys are friends w/ our * 20 year old supervisors

Last edited by a moderator:

Integrity

Binge Poster
On the preload management is instructing guys to throw up over 70’s & irregulars up on the belts while packages are actively coming down the shoots which violates the part of the contract about commingling those so I turn the belt off & tell management to remove the overweights. One of the useless pt sup’s try’s to do the FT sups dirty work & tell me they can do that & that I can’t turn the belt off if it’s not the belt I’m working in & as long as there is any amount of space they can throw it on (not true when packages are smacking right into the overweight down the shoot). So it hasn’t beefed up yet & that’s not a reason to file harassment but if this escalated & they keep telling me I can’t work safe or stick up for all the others that refuse to defend the contract or follow safety then I will be filing against them. I care more about going at the FT sups bc pt sups don’t last long on average.
What does your Steward say about this?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Are you or another employee in immediate danger from the contract violation?

As hourlies, we do not have the ability to give directives to management unless their actions will put someone into harms way, or result in an integrity issue for you.

If neither of those conditions are true, then you need to follow the orders of the supervisor, and do NOT turn the belt off.

Work as directed, contact your steward, and it looks like under national, you'll be filing article 18, section 22?

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
In my opinion, harassment grievances are being treated like a joke because of all the cry baby stuff. Which hurts real harassment grievances.
Drivers in my center file harassment grievances for simply being told to go help other drivers. Especially the ones that think they are about to clock out at 15:45. They've also filed harassment grievances for being told they have to ACTUALLY work 8 hours instead of getting their guarantee despite working 7 hours. They also claim being told to reattempt commercial stops (including NDAs) during posted business hours, to make pickups during pickup windows, and to show up on time is harassment. Sound familiar?

They also hurt people that have legit cases that would involve the 1-800 number. Which should be extremely rare.

I just don't understand these youngsters. And, pathetically, a few of the OGs as well.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
How is them enforcing safety, harassment?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Harassment grievances are a great way to document issues with managers, before they build a case against you.

It's often too late to claim harassment when you are at a suspension or discharge hearing.

I think you should go for a safety grievance with your steward. Maybe make an anonymous tip to OSHA.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The article that talks about treating each other with respect.
1717372106023.gif

PreTrippin’

Arriving on the sin wagon.
1. Yes, money and an end to the harassment.
2. Money
3. Safety issues are the easiest, get your steward and your safety guy on board and you will be a rich man.

Also it’s fun seeing the sups get smacked down and have their tail between their legs for a while.