Helene aftermath

MAKAVELI

Well I see what Joe HAS done with Asheville and it's not a what if scenario. It was a horrendous fed response and a week too late. They are here now so the future will play out. I know it means a lot to you for the Democrats to be heroes and to show how awful the Republicans are, but I don't care about that like you do. I wasn't in Puerto Rico but I AM an eye witness for this one in WNC.
You weren't in a predicted path of the Hurricane. It takes time to get the resources to that part of the state I'd imagine

tourists24

You weren't in a predicted path of the Hurricane. It takes time to get the resources to that part of the state I'd imagine
Perhaps. And I may have had unrealistic expectations from them. But there was fast response from other organizations and groups that were amazing. Made me angry at the fed response then to hear media and politicians say their response was great and early didn’t help. Your prior comment made me rethink my expectations on that also

MAKAVELI

Perhaps. And I may have had unrealistic expectations from them. But there was fast response from other organizations and groups that were amazing. Made me angry at the fed response then to hear media and politicians say their response was great and early didn’t help. Your prior comment made me rethink my expectations on that also
I'm sure local organizations were a lot faster to respond than the feds and I think that is to be expected. The path of destruction was so large it's hard to be everywhere and anywhere all at the same time.

rod

Retired 23 years
FEMA Disaster Preparedness Meeting:

"We should focus our efforts on LGBTQIA people… they struggled before the storm"

"FEMA relief is no longer about getting the greatest good for the greatest amount of people…. It's about disaster equity."

What a bunch of WACOS. (What you see when you don't have a gun).

tourists24

I'm sure local organizations were a lot faster to respond than the feds and I think that is to be expected. The path of destruction was so large it's hard to be everywhere and anywhere all at the same time.
I hope you’re correct. I had always believed the fed response would be a lot faster. Either way, it’s opened my eyes for reality.

rod

Retired 23 years
1728330861142.png

Appvol

Ask any of the Republican Governors and local officials in the affected area and they will say that the feds have been on the ground since before the hurricane hit and have been excellently coordinating the massive response.
lol the Feds were on the ground before the hurricane hit

Appvol

The area affected is huge. I am sorry if FEMA couldn't get to your backyard before anyone else. I assume you have power and communication since you are complaining on here. Many people are a lot worse off.
Another dumb comment the good ole mountain folk are the ones getting stuff done. The people who live in the Appalachian MTNs aren’t waiting on the government lol. They call these areas GODs Country for a reason