Housing Bubble Caused by Greedy Capitalists?

whose fault is the housing bubble?

• house flippers

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • poor people

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

rickyb

Orrrrrrr.......they have a good parent who makes them study and stay out of trouble and they finish school and get married and have kids and a good life.
the parents are in jail too. or someone dies and then the finances go to :censored2: and youre constantly getting evicted bc youre poor and theres no pensions anymore. sometimes they get desperate and turn to selling drugs bc that is one sure fire way of feeding yourself.

i personally know ppl who used a public defender and pleaded guilty when they werent, ppl who were victims of police brutality, ppl who cops did not help investigate crimes, and i think ppl who are discriminated against getting a job bc they have a record.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
no. mortgages used to be no more than 25% of a persons income. now its 50% or whatever.
Who cares how much you borrow. If you can make the nut, that's on you.

Be frugal, save, save, save, then buy if you need lower payments.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
the parents are in jail too. or someone dies and then the finances go to :censored2: and youre constantly getting evicted bc youre poor and theres no pensions anymore. sometimes they get desperate and turn to selling drugs bc that is one sure fire way of feeding yourself.

i personally know ppl who used a public defender and pleaded guilty when they werent, ppl who were victims of police brutality, ppl who cops did not help investigate crimes, and i think ppl who are discriminated against getting a job bc they have a record.
Awwwww, poor criminals. :censored2: em’

vantexan

theres also laws which were used to round up the mafia saying if no one confesses at a crime scene then everyone there is guilty.

good luck with school which is debt peonage and dilapitated or even getting a job.
What law would that be that denies the mafia their constitutional rights? Do you ever listen to what you say?

vantexan

Those poor white Canadians! You act as if every black in the U.S. is in prison.

Up In Smoke

no. mortgages used to be no more than 25% of a persons income. now its 50% or whatever.
Not true. There are loan to debt and debt to income standards the banks and mortgage companies must abide by. I believe the home mortgage can be no more than 29% of the borrowers combined income. I also believe that a mortgage plus combined secure and unsecured debt can be more than 41% of the borrowers combined income. Part of the reason for the housing crash was these standards were lifted in response to the 911 attacks and banks took full advantage.

vantexan

Part of the reason for the housing crash was these standards were lifted in response to the 911 attacks and banks took full advantage.
Primarily due to banks being pushed by Congressmen to loan to poor people who didn't qualify. Congressmen who received a lot of money from Countrywide Financial.

UnionStrong

Primarily due to banks being pushed by Congressmen to loan to poor people who didn't qualify. Congressmen who received a lot of money from Countrywide Financial.
749EF9FD-0ADC-406A-928F-18C77536308F.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
nyc was actually affordable until a few decades ago

unaffordable housing prices are not based on anything legitimate, its just banks lending more money driving up the debt

Those mean banks, forcing people to borrow money and go into debt. It takes two to tango, and as you like to point out, people can't self-regulate, but apparently that wouldn't be a problem if those same people who can't self-regulate also participate in self-gevernance through direct democracy.

Maybe people would self-regulate better if they stopped blaming capitalism for all their problems. Capitalism basically meaning "everyone else".

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Those mean banks, forcing people to borrow money and go into debt. It takes two to tango, and as you like to point out, people can't self-regulate, but apparently that wouldn't be a problem is those same people who can't self-regulate also participate in self-gevernance through direct democracy.

Maybe people would self-regulate better if they stopped blaming capitalism for all their problems. Capitalism basically meaning "everyone else".
He needs intensive therapy.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
He needs intensive therapy.

I think he, like most leftists, doesn't make the connection that the systems they refer don't actually exist, they are just words to describe human interactions. The common factor in all of it is the human part. What they are really saying is that if they were in charge the world would be perfect, which is the exact hubris Ricky often accuses others of. I think at some level they understand that, but maybe haven't admitted it to themselves. Everyone goes through a phase like this, it's called childhood and most people get over themselves to at least that extent when they grow up. Which tells us what the problem with lefties is. They're the lost boys from Peter Pan.

Last edited:

Non liberal

no the predator cops will find you. theyre predators. they cant afford their own lawyers and the public system doesnt work. unemployed black worth nothing to corporate state on the outside. but throw them in jail and theyre worth $50,000 a year to for profit prisons.
If that’s the way it is where you live, then time to elect some new government officials.

UnionStrong

theres also laws which were used to round up the mafia saying if no one confesses at a crime scene then everyone there is guilty.

good luck with school which is debt peonage and dilapitated or even getting a job.
What the hell are talking about? There’s no law like that. Crack pot

Non liberal

nyc was actually affordable until a few decades ago

unaffordable housing prices are not based on anything legitimate, its just banks lending more money driving up the debt
It was probably affordable when conservatives could still get elected there. Now the greedy liberals have rigged the election system so conservatives will never get elected there again, kinda like california.